The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

245897-Hi-Everyone-I-Just-Want-To-Say-Good-Morning.jpg 42363925_1135462889956186_5375824399045754880_n.jpg

The tubers of JA that @Yvonne Smith mailed us are really started to bloom their flowers now and the flowers are my favorite color yellow...bright and sunny and they bring my heart joy looking at them. Thanks again Yvonne. Now that we see how tall these plants get though we will be moving them out of the rose flower bed and putting them in a place where they will fit better.

I'm getting so excited...in about a month or less our new grandson will be born and I can't wait to hold him and see his precious face. This week my daughter starts going once a week to her Doctor and she is already starting to have some early contractions. The Doctor will check her on this visit to see if she is starting to dilate as for her other two children she did dilate early. I will be at her home helping her prepare it for the arrival of our new little one. Big sister is really looking forward to this new sibling, for her other brother it was a completely different story and she wanted Mommy to leave him at the hospital but now she is ready to have a new addition to their family and she loves the brother they did bring home from the hospital too and is turning into a regular little "mommy" with him too.
    39329314_260913727867124_7427448865239859200_n.jpg
    Life is good, even with the little aggravations and storms thrown in sometimes. I hope it's good for all of you too. Have a blessed day everyone! :)

2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

[​IMG]Oh rats, this was not supposed to go here.. oh Well Happy Sunday : )

3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

awww bless them @Babs Hunt , they are adorable... and a new Grandson on the way..wow !! You are so blessed...I hope all goes well with your daughter and the birth, I'm sure with you there she'll be very relaxed!!

@Terry Page , yes I like the lamp in that setting, it sets it off like a little old Swedish barn.. ( I know it's Russian really )..but the lamp is Swedish style, I used to have one years ago , only the cover was yellow so it gave off a soft orangey glow...

It's absolutely tipping it down here..hasn't stopped since yesterday lunchtime... so I have no intentions of going anywhere today...

sundaydogswing.jpeg

4. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Has been raining hard here off and on for the last few days. A bit soggy .

5. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

First, Good Morning and Good Afternoon.
    Couldn't say this to Ken and all of you in that dumb thread I did, but...…..

Truly want to apologize to everyone on this forum and that especially goes for you Bobby. For the most part, even though I know how I am , and can be, all of you folks were/are kind to me. I won't say anymore about the thread, but I will return. What I will say is that I will watch my replies and threads. Anyway, I'll just leave it at that.

Thanks, Ken, for allowing me to return later.

6. Holly Saunders

Registered

evenin' Cody...hope you're having a good day :)

Maryt Hope, Terry Page and Don Alaska like this.
  7. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Good afternoon, we are back in the city, catching a late train back last night, it's a sunny day here but much cooler at around 60f, summer has sadly finished, and the temperatures are set to fall every day, down to the 40s by the end of the week [​IMG]

Yesterday went well and the builder came and approved of our plans for a wet room, and subject to an acceptable quote from him later this week, he is able to start in 2 weeks time, so fingers crossed he does keep his word, because you never know with Russian builders, though Lisa did approve of this one.

A car load of apples were taken by Lisa's friends, and a few sacks were put out in the nearby highway, which were taken immediately

Lisa is working at the university today, and I am doing odd jobs around the apartment, changing bulb holders and some other minor electrical stuff.

Have a good week [​IMG]

A bag dog, I took a quick pic of on the metro last night, tiny dogs in bags, and carried in the arms of both men and women are a very common sight here.

[​IMG]

A few photos of the dacha garden, some signs of autumn colours appearing, but still very green.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We had lunch at our usual restaurant in Sosnovo on Sunday

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Terry Page

Registered

Yes @Holly Saunders the ones in Croatia that inspired Katya to buy this one, were an orangey/yellow colour which gave a warm glow, but they could sadly only find a white one in the UK.

IMG_2309.jpg

I am pleased to hear it's raining in the UK, not that I wish rain on you, but I left poor Cathy with a load of newly planted shrubs to water daily, because the ground was so dry

[​IMG]

Maryt Hope and Holly Saunders like this.
  9. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

No apology necessary Cody. Yesterday is yesterday (or whenever) and a new sun has risen to start a new day. :)

10. Holly Saunders

Registered

Yes we were glad of the rain because we scarified the gardens and laid all new seed, and we were having to get the hose out every night to water them in, and thankfully now the new lawn has sprouted and looking lush . Today was sunny and warm , but freezing cold tonight, so for the first time since last winter, I've had to put the heating on.

11. Holly Saunders

Registered

Good Morning all...

f8eaf8f32b79e5eb534c4d03c3460d4d--happy-tuesday-images-happy-tuesday-quotes.jpg

I had a very long and totally exhausting day at the hospital yesterday., hardly slept at all last night... Everything hurts today..I'm sore and very tired, the the sun is shining but annoyingly I am too tired and sore to leave the house..

Have a good Day folks...

12. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

IMG_0388.JPG

Good Morning! Yesterday afternoon we were blessed with a rainbow after some light showers. I hardly ever see any these days so I really enjoyed yesterday's and just wish I could have gotten a better picture of it to share.

Our temps are getting cooler and I'm thankful for this too. Here in Louisiana though we can have summer temperatures even at Christmas time. Many times I have bought a new outfit to wear for Thanksgiving or Christmas and it ended up being to hot to wear it on those Holidays. :) But the last few years when Winter comes it has actually been more like Winter should be to me.

Fall and Spring are my two favorite seasons but they never last long enough and as I get older the heat of summer and cold of winter is much harder for me to tolerate. I'm sure it's that way for many of us oldsters. :) I believe God created each season for a reason though and I'm sure not going to tell Him I think He should change any of them. There is beauty in every season. As this Fall picture shows.

Good-Morning-Inspirational-quotes-images.jpg

I wish for each of you today that you will enjoy the beauty around you and embrace the beautiful moments in your lives too. :)

@Holly Saunders so sorry to hear about your hospital time and I pray you will feel better today.

13. Terry Page

Registered

It's been another sunny day here, though cold at around 50f, the good news is that they turned on the municipal heating today, so we are toasting in 75f from now on, I am grateful because carrying very little fat, I feel the cold a lot more these days,

Last night we started watching the TV series called "Bodyguard", a political thriller which has just finished it's run on BBC, it's evidently so popular that Netflix have bought it to show internationally.
    Lisa and I never really fancied it but after Katya and my daughters raved about it, we checked it out and really liked it.

Here is a trailer if you are interested.

Have a good Tuesday

[​IMG]..

[​IMG]

14. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Sorry life is being so hard on you, @Holly Saunders! I hope everything came out all right.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  15. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Adding our prayers for your fast recovery, Holly, and sending you a virtual hug as well !

Holly Saunders likes this.