The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

2. Maggie Mae

Maggie Mae Veteran Member
    Registered

Good Morning Everyone !
    breakfast.jpg

3. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Sorry to hear about your friends death @Chrissy Cross , I guess sadly we are reaching that age when this happens more and more :(

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Registered

5. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Today has been quite busy, I had my quarterly $3 haircut and we did a food shop for the weekend at the dacha, I cook the food here now and take it with us to reheat there.
    I made some apple fritters yesterday and a slow cooker apple crumble today, Lisa preferred the fritters, I liked both [​IMG]

It's been another sunny but cool day with a biting wind [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

That's the trouble Bobby...I probably don't spend enough time resting when I absolutely should... but I just always need to be going places or doing stuff, even when I'm unwell...

Today we had a hot day today..I couldn't go out as I said earlier, but could I sit still?...nope, the whole house, top to bottom has been cleaned with just a few little 5 minute breaks in between... so I'm even sorer now!!...but I do have a sparkling house o_O...tomorrow will be the turn of the gardens... the IVY all needs trimming back again...

Bobby Cole likes this.
  7. Holly Saunders

Registered

@Chrissy Cross , yes and no about my diagnosis... yes they think they know what they're dealing with, but not exactly because they want me to take meds for a month, and then let them take more blood tests on the first of Nov , and go back for a final diagnosis on the 12th

Thanks for asking...

8. Chrissy Cross

Registered

9. Holly Saunders

Registered

Oh don't get me wrong CC..I sometimes worry myself into a frazzle, but I have to try and remain positive at all times, because I have stomach issues caused by anxiety , and stress and worry makes it so much worse.. , but please believe me when I'm on my own with nothing to take my mind off my own thoughts, ..well you can imagine , I'm sure!!

Bobby Cole and Chrissy Cross like this.
  10. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Yes, I can!

At the drs today after I told her about my eye issues and my high anxiety last month I asked her if she can imagine me getting cataract surgery...she laughed and said "No"

Not with a a support team surrounding me. :)

11. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

@Holly Saunders, like me, you have to learn not to overdo things and allow time for rest. Do you get regular massages? I have dropped it for the summer, but when I was feeling tied in knots and hurting, regular massages would help a lot. The same might help you, @Chrissy Cross! The effects are said to be cumulative and you can train your muscles not to tense and cramp, so occasional rubs don't have the same effect as regular treatments, plus it is quite pleasant if you get a good massage therapist.

Holly Saunders and Chrissy Cross like this.
  12. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Ive gotten them in my shoulder when I had therapy for it and it did feel good.

Ive also gotten some massages as gifts which were also nice but too expensive on my budget.

So, unless covered by insurance ...I'd be afraid to try the cheaper ones that might do more damage.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  13. Holly Saunders

Registered

No @Don Alaska , the only time I ever had massages were sports massages on my lower back to ease the pain while waiting for surgery...other than that I've never had a massage in my life!!

14. Holly Saunders

Registered

That's a very Valid point!!

15. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I don't know how things work in the UK, but here insurance including Medicare, will pay for massages if they are prescribed by a provider. DCs are the most common users, but DOs will order them and some MDs will as well, particularly if they are Integrative Medicine adherents. @Holly Saunders, it may be worth your while to look into a massage regimen if you can find a good therapist there. Here is a link for London:

https://www.treatwell.co.uk/places/...lade-top-rated/offer-type-local/in-london-uk/

I guess you can't get them through NHS, so it would be out of pocket..don't know what is available in your area. We have used several different ones here and the ones I like are not to my wife's liking, as I like the deep tissue variety to unkink my back, while she has other issues. It is also good for restless leg and circulation issues. Just make certain you are going to a reputable provider with training and certification.

@Chrissy Cross, here is also a link to Fresno. I looked up a DC I knew in California, but he is Victorville and the desert. (His wife was the therapist). You might ask you doctor or whoever you see for your anxiety issues if massage would work for you. If it is prescribed, it is usually treated like physical therapy.

https://www.thumbtack.com/ca/fresno/massage/