The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

good-morning-quotes-funny.jpg

For all those having health problems this morning I pray y'all feel better soon. It seems that part of aging is having more aches and pains and things go wrong with our aging bodies. At least on this Seniors forum we all can understand and commiserate with each other over these things and we can encourage each other that this to shall pass.

Have a blessed day everyone.

Terry Page and Chrissy Cross like this.
  2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

[​IMG]Ya'll have a good day ya hear? Nooo this is not a picture of me :)

3. Maggie Mae

Maggie Mae Veteran Member
    Registered

Good morning everyone !

It's Friday and that's a good thing !

ineedcoffee.jpg

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Good Morning, All

This is my last weekend before my laser cataract eye surgery next Wednesday, however, this Sunday I start the pre-op eye drops. I've basically hear and read nothing but great outcomes from this surgery...…..sure hope I'm one of them. Left eye will be done first, then two weeks later, right eye. My wife will be taking care of me and we bought a nice pair (1) of snorkeling goggles for me to wear in the shower. Want to protect the surgical eye as much as possible.

Really wish this didn't have to be done, but, to get my full eyesight back, it has to be. Just add this on to my resume' of surgeries: ankle, hip replacement and right and left shoulder rotator cuff surgeries.

5. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Good luck @Cody Fousnaugh ..I eventually will need it also but until I can get my anxiety back to normal....I don't see it happening.

6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

From what everyone else has said about their cataract surgery I think you will be very happy with the outcome @Cody Fousnaugh. Our neighbor was very pleased with his too and doesn't even have to wear glasses anymore.

7. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Good evening from the dacha in Sosnovo, we arrived by the evening express train, complete with a rattan style chest of drawers, that Lisa bought in St.Petersburg for her bedroom here, we managed to carry it between us [​IMG]

Have a great weekend, I am off to light the fire now [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Sorry to hear you are doing poorly, @Yvonne Smith. Prayers to you for healing!

9. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have slept/rested most of the day, and feel a little bit better; but my heart is still in tachycardia, and floundering along anywhere between 40-140 BPM. I have had it shocked before, and way too many times; so I do not want to subject it to that stress unless I have to.
    They can’t do anything else to help my heart, and the shocking does not always last for very long.
    After the last procedure, the cardiologist said that all they can do now is give me a pacemaker if my heart won’t stay in rhythm, and I do not want that either.
    I am hoping that it comes out of this on its own, like it has done before this last year since the procedure. I am still pretty sore from the bad fall that I had a few days ago, and it is possible that the fall helped to trigger this episode.
    Anyway, I am going to wait and see if it doesn’t quit, or it gets significantly worse, before I make a decision to go to the doctor or emergency room.

Thank you to everyone for the love and the prayers ! !

10. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I am sure we are thinking of and praying for you, @Yvonne Smith. Have you had more than one ablation? I assume you are on a number of medications. Why do you not want a pacemaker? It might relieve you of some of your medications, but you would have to be cautious around certain electronic equipment. I can understand not wanting extreme measure and not fearing death, though. I am sure that @Bobby Cole would miss you!

11. Terry Page

Registered

Thinking of you @Yvonne Smith I hope your heart settles down of it's own accord soon.

12. Terry Page

Registered

Good morning from a chilly Sosnovo, we had a slight frost last night as it dipped a couple of degrees below zero. It was a beautiful moonlit night, and because there is no light pollution here the clear sky was filled with stars.
    This morning is sunny and chilly at 5c, some gardening to do and then lunch as usual at the only restaurant hereabouts.

I did cook a large pork stew in the slow cooker and bought half of it here to have tomorrow.

Enjoy your weekend [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

[​IMG]My morning started at 3am when I woke up :(.but will make the best of it

14. Terry Page

Registered

I have just had a sad message from my brother Geoff, to say the latest scan has shown an aggressive tumour in the back of his stomach. They have started chemo treatment, which will hopefully slow down the progress. Cancer is such an awful disease that gives you hope and then dashes it in a moment [​IMG]

Don Alaska and Chrissy Cross like this.
  15. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

So sorry to hear Terry .,, keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

Terry Page likes this.