The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Great picture, Babs!

Babs Hunt likes this.
  2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

That IS a fab picture @Babs Hunt ... good luck with the flu shots tomorrow...

I"ve not been anywhere today..I've started a new medication regime, and I have to take them twice a day morning and night, and they make me feel drunk, for about 5 or 6 hours...so I can't drive. I'm hoping they'll settle down soon...

Chrissy Cross and Don Alaska like this.
  3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I pray that new medication will settle down soon too Holly...and I hope it will help you also. :)

Holly Saunders and Don Alaska like this.
  4. Holly Saunders

Registered

Good Morning all....

Good-Morning-With-Beautiful-Scenery-600x450.jpg

It's a bit cloudy , but quite warm this morning..forecast for sun tomorrow tho'... and not strictly morning because it's just after noon

Thank you @Babs Hunt for your best wishes. I really hate the effect if these pills, but my consultant has begged me to continue with them, so I am for now..already they seem to be helping with my condition , but I'm hoping the horrid side effects will wear off before too long!!

@Cody Fousnaugh , will have had his Cataract surgery by now, I hope all went well for you Cody...

Another day of not going out for me.. BUT...tomorrow, I have to go out, so I'll delay taking the meds until I get back, I'm sure it won't hurt for one day... .

Hubs has been working until midnight every night this week, so going into work later, so this morning just before he left for work he drove to the shop and got me some essentials.

Have a better day everyone....

5. Maggie Mae

Maggie Mae Veteran Member
    Registered

Speaking of flu shots :)

flushots.jpg

6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Amazon has bluetooth keyboards that will work with your phone, and might be even easier for your husband to use. Personally, I dislike using a virtual keyboard, and I have external bluetooth keyboards that I use with my iPads.
    I seldom send texts with my phone, but when I do, I really appreciate that function that guesses what I am writing and I just have to touch it instead of typing everything.

Hoping that your new medication helps you to start feeling better, @Holly Saunders , and you won’t have to take it long term, since it makes you sick and woozy.

I am doing better (after my fall a week or so ago), and I was actually able to go to the fitness center and swim again yesterday. I have really missed swimming, but I think I might have cracked a rib, and it just hurt too much for me to even try swimming. It hurt to swim, but I just took it easy, and everything went well.
    Bobby is almost done with fixing that house (we have been saying that for MONTHS now !) and then we can get back to our regular fitness schedule.

7. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Good morning! Hope everyone is feeling better..at least a little. My anxiety is always higher when I first get up for some reason and by afternoon it's mostly gone.

I quit coffee...again and that helps but it's hard waking up without it.

@Cody Fousnaugh ....how did your cataract surgery go?

Ive seen you posting so I'm guessing all is well! But I am curious to hear about the procedure.

You may have me on ignore but hope you do make a post about it.

Our temps are nice...70's! Even had some rain yesterday...yay.

Have a great day everyone!❤️

8. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Hi everyone, just popping in again, I spent the morning in bed with low BP then up it rises suddenly and I become action man, [​IMG] Lisa was at work till late afternoon, so I made a stew for the weekend and we came on the evening express train to Sosnovo.......... we have grown to enjoy this evening train journey so much, the carriages are all newly fitted out with carpets and comfortable seats etc., plus because it's a non-stopping train so we make the journey in less than an hour.

I have lit the fire here in the dacha to warm the place up, and am now in bed typing this.
    It will be the last weekend in Sosnovo, so we will close it up for the winter when we leave on Sunday, next weekend it's our trip to Jerusalem and then when we get back the following weekend I will be getting ready to leave for home again.................it will soon be Christmas at this rate [​IMG]

Have-a-wonderful-Weekend.-On-image-of-beautiful-tree-with-flowers.jpg

9. Terry Page

Registered

Good morning from a cool but sunny one in the dacha, the sun is up and I have just taken a few photos of the autumn colours here. We will do some general tidying up and go out for lunch later.
    Have a good Saturday....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Terry Page

Registered

The ancient stove keeping us warm, due to be replaced at some time hopefully next year..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Holly Saunders

Registered

Good Morning all...

sat morning.jpeg

It's a grey start to the morning which apparently is going to turn into a very wet day. Hubs is just getting ready to leave for work, he' been working lates all week this week..and didn't get home until 2am this morning. he'll finish at 10 or 11pm tonight...

I , on the other hand don't intend to go anywhere . I'll stay in out of the rain, and anyway I can't drive one I take the new medication...

You've got a lot of fallen leaves @Terry Page , we haven't got anything like that yet, but it could all change in a day or 2 given the rain and wind.

Have a super weekend everybody whatever you're doing!!

12. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

13. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

I had to pinch myself to see if I was alive this morning. I went to bed at 9:15 which is a tad early even for me,but was up at 3 am yesterday. Today... I did not get up until 6:45! I am gonna be on a roll today people :cool:

14. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Chrissy try the 50/50 coffee, i have being drinking that for years.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  15. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered