The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Happy Monday!

[​IMG]

2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

We only ended up with 4 adults and 3 children. We cooked 6 steaks, and had a lot left over as they were 2" thick ribeyes, and we had grilled potatoes and such to go with them.

3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

287952-Good-Morning-Time-For-Tuesday-Coffee.jpg

I just take it for granted that everyone has a cup of coffee (or more) to start their day off but this morning for some reason my mind pondered whether this is true. It is true for me but there must be those of you who prefer a cup of tea or a glass of orange juice maybe. Whatever your drink of choice to start your day I hope you enjoy it as much as I do my cup of flavored coffee and creamer. :)

My Honey and I got our flu shots this past Thursday and I was down and out for a few days with low grade fever, and the aches and pains of flu like symptoms. This happens quite often when I get the flu vaccine and even though I don't like it I have to weigh these mild symptoms against the full blown ones of catching the flu and it going into pneumonia....which it will usually do for me. At my age now getting the vaccine is the better choice for me. And here in our City we have already started having a few cases of the flu.

Hurricane Michael is headed towards some of my sisters in Florida so my prayers are definitely with them this morning. One of my sisters over there is married to a Michael and it would be just his luck that a Hurricane has the same name as he does and is headed for him too. From what I understand my two sisters and their families that are more in the path of Michael will go to my other sister's home in Pensacola until the Hurricane passes through.

In just a couple of weeks we will welcome our new grandson to our family and I'm getting so excited that he will be here soon. I will stay in the hospital with my daughter at night when he comes so my SIL can go home and stay with their other two children overnight. And then when the new little one comes home I will be there helping out with everything until my daughter is fully on her feet again. It's always an exciting time for me when we welcome a new baby into our family. This time it will be more so because this will probably be our last grandchild. But with 10 grandkids on my side and two on my Honey's side of our family I know we have been blessed more than we ever expected and we are truly thankful for each and every one of these blessings.

May your day be blessed with joy and a few pleasant surprises. Enjoy. :)

4. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

5. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

6. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

It's been a pretty down sort of day here, Lisa hasn't been sleeping well and is worried about stuff going at the university, she also has to go on an early train at 5am to Moscow to present a paper at a university there, and back here by the late train [​IMG] .

I hope you are all having a better day [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Terry Page

Registered

Thanks Holly, I haven't been to Lake Como either, the last time I was in Milan was in the '70s and removing driving around a corner to be confronted by a tram heading straight for me. I also recall paying a guy outside Milan train station, to look after my car while we went on a train trip to Venice for a couple of days.................. happy days ;)

Holly Saunders likes this.
  8. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Morning all...

It's a glorious sunny morning...and set to be all day...

Talking of trains @Terry Page , I travelled into London by train yesterday, rather than drive... it's easier and more straightforward...even though the city centre is only 20 miles from here..it's take 30 minutes by train and sometimes over 2 hours by car because of the volume of traffic, and also the congestion charge on top makes it far more user friendly to travel by train..plus I get a seniors discount..1/3rd off.. . I always expect them to say..''no you can't be over 60''..but no-one ever does..lol

Photos from yesterday from our small suburban train station....

IMG_6182.jpg

IMG_61955.jpg

IMG_62022.jpg

and completely empty coach because it was outside the peak hours... sheer peace and quiet..

IMG_61933.jpg

Going out again today...on yet another train but only a few stops up the track to 3 towns away....have a good day folks whatever you're doing today....and BTW Babs..yes I have Tea in the morning :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  9. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

200817-1441799327_Good-Morning.jpg IMG_0414 (2).JPG
    Good Morning! Yesterday my very pregnant daughter stopped by and told me she's having the baby this week (wishful thinking or maybe a Mom's intuition?) She goes for her Doctor's visit tomorrow at 9:30am so maybe we will learn more then. I took this picture before she left to go home...she is really all baby right now. :) We were trying to figure out how she was going to call me if she went into labor at night since my hearing is diminishing and I sleep pretty heavy too and might not here the phone if she calls me to come stay with her other two little ones. I'm the closest to her and can get there in 5 minutes at the most. So when she left I thought about things and remembered I have some ear buds I can plug in to my phone. I will wear them when I go to sleep and the phone will ring in my ears if she does have to call during the night. I had her call me just to make sure it would work...and it does. I'm also making sure my bag is all packed for my stay at night in the hospital with her and our new grandson. :)

Hurricane Michael is a category 4 now and is expected to hit Panama City at that category. That's not good news for those in the Florida panhandle which includes 3 of my sisters. None of them left their homes although they are supposed to be going to my sister's home that they believe will be the safest in Pensacola. After seeing the traffic jams on the Interstate I can understand why they didn't want to leave...but as their sister I'm keeping my prayers going for their safety.

Gumbo weather is coming in a few days with the temps dropping to 57 and 58 degrees Thursday and Friday night. :) We all look forward to gumbo weather here in Louisiana...in fact we look forward to gumbo so much that many cajuns just make it all year round now. I like to still make it in the cooler and cold months for the most part. It's definitely a tradition around here.

It's exciting days over here. I wish some joyful excitement for all of you today too. God bless.

10. Maggie Mae

Maggie Mae Veteran Member
    Registered

11. Terry Page

Registered

Hi everyone, pleased to say Lisa, caught the early train and I just had a phone call to say the day went well and she is on the train which will arrive here around midnight. We both slept well last night with the help of a sleeping pill, so feel completely different, amazing how lack of sleep distorts your view of the world.

I have been doing housework and general tidying up today,......... I hope your day is going well.....

image_868.jpeg

12. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Good-morning-thursday-messages.jpg MG_8085-Edit_86-Edit_87-Edit_88-Edit_89-Edit_90-Edit_tonemapped.jpg

It's a great day to be alive. And it's a great day to go out and live life to it's fullest. Enjoy your day. :)

13. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Good morning all...

It's a sunny but Windy day..rain is expected late afternoon tho'...

That's a really good idea about the ear buds @Babs Hunt , I didn't know your hearing was so bad tho'..sorry about that.

I'm not going anywhere today, I'm too sore from travelling 2 days in a row by Train, and all the walking afterwards but I did have a good time yesterday having lunch with my friends in in North London..

IMG_624555.jpg

Everything is starting to take on the look of autumn...

The path leading to my house...

IMG_6280.jpg

Hubs was supposed to be having a day off today, but he's just had a call so he's just getting ready to go into work after all...

have a good day folks....

14. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Nice pics and a really nice home too @Holly Saunders. My hearing is not that bad yet, but put my diminishing hearing together with my deep sleep...then it becomes a problem for hearing cell phones ring. :)

I have two problems with my hearing, one is a natural aging diminishing and the other is that my allergies cause my ears to fill with fluid and that diminishes my hearing even more during those times. But it's not bad enough for hearing aids yet...I just have to ask my family sometimes to speak a little louder on some things they have said and turn the volume up on the TV a couple of notches too often.

Holly Saunders and Maryt Hope like this.
  15. Maryt Hope

Maryt Hope Veteran Member
    Registered

Good afternoon everyone.
    Enjoy a sunny Thursday !
    [​IMG]