The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I am a tad saddened this morning because I just found out that I have been sexist since 1959.
    Kleenex Tissue (sniff) will change the name of it’s “Man Sized” tissue (sniff) to Extra Large because the former name is .....sexist!
    Guilt by association guidelines would naturally indicate that those who used the Man Sized tissues (sniff) are also sexist.
    I do wonder if I must now go to a Sexist Anonymous group to find happiness and relief from this terrible burden?
    Oh Gosh! I’ll probably have to find a sponsor and how will I ever be able to look my wife in the eye this morning after she wakes up?
    I’ll have to find a place to hide my Man Sized tissue (sniff) that I have cached in case the sexist police knock on my door!
    Woe is me, woe is me..............

2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh good grief... .the insanity of it all :)

Bobby Cole likes this.
  3. Hoot Crawford

Hoot Crawford Veteran Member
    Registered

Guess what is on my agenda for the day - absolutely nuthin! I may just spend the day in my jammies, drink coffee till noon, then switch to Merlot, and listen to the "light classical" music channel.

4. Maggie Mae

Maggie Mae Veteran Member
    Registered

5. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

In a copy-cat move, Campbells Soup has announced that their Campbell's Manhandlers soups will be now called Extra Large Handlers. :rolleyes:

6. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Good morning ...heading home early this morning!

Maryt Hope and Yvonne Smith like this.
  7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Yesterday was a hard day for both Bobby and I . We have mentioned often, our Iranian friends who used to own the corner store, and they also own several rentals near our house. Bobby does most of the maintenence work for the houses between renters, and since late last fall has been helping remodel a house that they were going to sell.
    On Saturday, Hosa called to tell Bobby that his wife had not returned home the night before, and he had no idea where she was at. All weekend they searched, to no avail, and it was reported to the police, as well.
    Yesterday, when Bobby called to see if there was any news, Hosa was so distraught he could hardly speak, and all Bobby was able to really understand that they had found her and she was dead.
    We have been praying for him, and their family, and I don’t know how he is going to manage without his wife, whom he dearly loved and adored.
    If you pray, please add them to your prayers.

8. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

How awful, Yvonne. What happened to her?

9. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Sent you a PM.

10. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

No matter what anyone thinks of George Carlin, he would have had an absolute ball with the whole thing.

Wonder what logo they are going to use for “Brawny” paper towels? Maybe Bruce Jenner or even better, Maxine Waters? !!

Don Alaska likes this.
  11. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

1539962427-good-morning_058.jpg

Just dropping in to let everyone know that tomorrow our new grandbaby will finally be here. :)

I have been busy helping my daughter get her home ready for our new little fella and now except for finishing to pack my bag to stay overnight in the hospital with my daughter....I am happy to say we have everything ready to welcome him home.

When I haven't been helping my daughter and taking care of my own chores at our home, I have been reading books to keep my mind at peace as patience is not a virtue I excel in and waiting for our grandson to join our family takes a lot of patience. :)

Hope all of you are doing well these days. May today be a blessing to each of you. :)

12. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Ooooh I've just got back in time @Babs Hunt :D

Morning all....

I've just got back from a few days in Paris France ...I'm so sore, and tired I can't tell you, but I had a good time. I'd been so down my friend invited me over to her family home just outside Paris , for a few days ..who was I to say no,and I had a lovely time, my French is sooo rusty , I kept getting Spanish mixed up with the French...

Anyway..I haven't read any if the forum yet, so I'll be back later once I have...

Have a good day all..I think I'm going to sit at home for the next couple of days and rest

13. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

This is a mixed emotion day- am not sure what I think anymore kind of day. [​IMG]

14. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Bienvenue mon ami or is that Bienveue mi amiga...? :)

15. Hoot Crawford

Hoot Crawford Veteran Member
    Registered

Did not win the huge mega millions lottery again. Bummer

Chrissy Cross likes this.