The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It is great to see you back again, @Terry Page , and we have sure missed you ! Glad to hear that you are doing okay, and it does sound like life has been busy for you lately.
    Beautiful wedding pictures ! Is the statue for the old custom of “hand-fasting” ?
    Have a safe trip to Russia. I imagine that it is winter there and you will be posting some of those snowy pictures when you arrive there. I remember seeing the ones from before of the street cars all covered in snow, and it falling like crazy in the pictures.

Terry Page and Don Alaska like this.
  2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I am just glad your okay Terry....who else can I pocket travel with :cool:

3. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

4. Maggie Mae

Maggie Mae Veteran Member
    Registered

5. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks for missing me, my head these days is full of so much nonsense I often miss myself, [​IMG] I am indeed back in my second home in Russia, but it's not wintry yet @Yvonne Smith , just damp and cool. My daughter Cathy and her new husband have organised a big birthday/wedding party in the Guildhall in Worcester on the 8th December, so I am flying back from here for a few days so I can go, then back here to be with Lisa until Christmas. Luckily I was able to find a cheap return flight for $150.

Here are a couple of photos I took over Amsterdam yesterday as we came in to land. They were taken into the sun so it gives an interesting effect I thought.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

I haven't been anywhere lately @Gloria Mitchell , but here are a few photos my daughter took on their honeymoon this last weekend, to the island of Jersey ..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tim Burr, Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  7. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Terry are you using some other hosting site for your photos...? I can see everyone else's but not yours.. ..any ideas?

Terry Page likes this.
  8. Holly Saunders

Registered

Morning chikadees...

1b02fe68c76340177c206db23fed5e38_zpsfdasgpp2.jpg~original.jpeg

It's been a busy couple of days... yesterday I had a new boiler and water tank installed. There was nowhere to escape, the guys were working upstairs and downstairs at the same time..people everywhere. ..but it's all fitted now and working well and better than the old 20 year old set up... however they had to put piping outside on my brick wall, I didn't like that, but it had to be done ...

This morning my car had to go in for it's annual MOT ..it's raining hard, and as hubs has got today off and needed to do other things in town he volunteered to take my car in..so I didn't have to go out in the rain. Fingers crossed it passes... it usually does because we keep it serviced well.

yesterday I posted several parcels to my daughter in Spain , they're backdrops for Christmas photos of the dogs. They take about 2 weeks to get there, so hopefully they'll be in time.. ..

I accidentally gave my winter quilted padded duck down coats to the Charity shop, and only realised yesterday, so I had to go online and buy a couple very quickly... got a great bargain, 2 coats lee Cooper and LA Gear padded quilted coats reduced from £78.00 to just £12... what a bargain!!

Hope you're all gonna have a good day....

Yvonne Smith and Don Alaska like this.
  9. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

AWESOME pictures!

10. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

You 2!

Holly Saunders likes this.
  11. Tim Burr

Tim Burr Veteran Member
    Registered

Slept in till 7 am! Liking this retirement thing.
    Took a short walk, nice fall weather.
    Still taking it easy; no plans other than my books.
    ( great having the watch that tells heart rate and blood pressure )

12. Maggie Mae

Maggie Mae Veteran Member
    Registered

13. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Sounds like you had a full beginning to your week, @Holly Saunders. Cool and dry here at around 19 F. but it may warm up later in the week. Our Thanksgiving is coming up on Thursday, so my wife is busy baking breads she can eat. There will be 9 people here for dinner that day. After Thursday, my wife will spend the weekend decorating for Christmas before we go back to Nebraska for a son's wedding, then back to Alaska for Christmas and New Years. I should be doing a lot more, but my back has been giving me problems, so I don't want to stress it too much.

14. Holly Saunders

Registered

Oh it sounds like you and Mrs Don, have a full calendar coming up for the next few weeks Don...

I miss having a big family to go visiting... all spread to the winds now sadly... .

Hope your back settles down, not a lot worse than a debilitating back when you need to be getting around doing stuff...

15. Holly Saunders

Registered

G'morning peoples...

Have-A-Great-Wednesday-Honey-Bee-Glitter-Picture.gif

It's a foggy old start to the day here...and the rest of the country seems to be bathed in snow, fortunately none here ..

I'm just waiting for a parcel to arrive, and then I've got to attack the ironing..not much to do but it's not my favourite job...

My car passed it's MOT for another year thank goodness...but I do need a new timing belt, so it's going back in on Friday to have that done..

have a good day folks, and hope you're all ready for Thanksgiving in the USA... :D