The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Good evening from a chilly St.Petersburg, it's pretty much on or a few degrees below freezing point most days now, though no snow so far.

We went to classical concert at the Philharmonic Hall last night, the programme consisted of various pieces for Piano and Cello, we went because the cellist Vladimir is a friend of Katya's, who she met in a queue at the German embassy here, when applying for a visa back in the '90s, they have stayed friends ever since though they never actually dated, according to Katya he has a temper and would be difficult to live with, a typical artistic temperament I guess [​IMG]

We enjoyed the concert the second part especially, with works by César Franck, evidently Vladimir is trying to promote himself so rented the smaller hall at his own expense and sold the tickets, I guess the place was three quarters full so presumably he wasn't out of pocket.

Here are a few photos I took of the venue.

IMG_3672.jpg

IMG_3675.jpg

IMG_3679.jpg

IMG_3720.jpg

IMG_3713.jpg

Who can resist a mirror [​IMG]

IMG_3658.jpg
    While waiting for a trolley bus back home I took a few photos of the festivities, already in full swing... [​IMG]

IMG_3734.jpg

IMG_3746.jpg

IMG_3744.jpg

There is an English style pub called "The Bristol" on the ground floor of Lisa's apartment block, which always looks cosy in the evening, we have been in there a few times many moons ago, but the imported English ales are a tad expensive [​IMG]

IMG_3747.jpg

Have a great weekend everyone... [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
  2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Terry Page likes this.
  3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Woooohoooo...I an see your pictures again... @Terry Page , :D that's a fab one in the mirror of you both, you're looking so well, at least 10 years off your age... and the other pics are fabulous, SUCH Clarity indoors....

4. Maggie Mae

Maggie Mae Veteran Member
    Registered

Good morning everyone!

bfpetsmart.jpg

5. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Back around 0 F. this morning, but today is "Decorating Day", so we won't be leaving the property. It was supposed to be warmer today, but the temp dropped again. Gee, how can they predict the climate 50 years ahead when they can't get the weather right one day ahead of time?

Terry Page likes this.
  6. Terry Page

Registered

I uploaded these from my desktop @Holly Saunders , but I have done that before so who knows what goes on twixt me and your computer ;) Yes this new camera is amazing really, but I am still learning all the complexities of the menu on it, life was much easier with a Brownie camera o_O

Don Alaska likes this.
  7. Holly Saunders

Registered

well can you please upload them from you desktop in future just for me..lol... :D I can't remember what new camera you got, does it have an optical viewfinder?

Terry Page likes this.
  8. Terry Page

Registered

It's a Canon G7 MkII and it doesn't have a viewfinder Holly, which I would never use anyway, but I think we discussed it when I bought it that you need one with a viewfinder? I will try and remember to upload photos directly ;)

Holly Saunders likes this.
  9. Holly Saunders

Registered

Yes I knew we'd discussed it at the time Terry but I couldn't remember what make it was, sorry. Yes shame about the vewfinder..I'm still on the hunt for a better camera...and thanks for trying to remember to upload from the desktop

Terry Page likes this.
  10. Maggie Mae

Maggie Mae Veteran Member
    Registered

11. Holly Saunders

Registered

Evening all...

Sorry you're feeling rough @Maggie Mae , hope you feel better soon..

Nothing much to report from this house today... it's dark and not quite 5pm..been pretty much dark since 3.30pm.

Hope you're all having a good day...

Don Alaska likes this.
  12. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

The temperature has risen a little, so perhaps we will finally get more snow. My wife saw a pretty Red Fox this morning when she went out. We occasionally lose a hen. I guess now we know why. I also spotted a feral cat that used to hang around in the summer. I don't know where she disappeared to or where she has been al this time. Perhaps she is here to address a mouse problem.

Terry Page likes this.
  13. Terry Page

Registered

We spent an interesting evening yesterday with Varvara (translates to Barbara) the daughter of Lisa's best friend Natasha, (who died last year), and her husband Anton, they were married a few months ago and are planning their honeymoon, to either the UK plus Iceland or Mexico. I advised Mexico because of the weather in January, when they are planning to go.

It was interesting talking to a young Russian couple and getting their points of view on life, and the world situation in general. They spoke reasonable English so I could converse directly, which helped a lot.

IMG_3768 (1).jpg

I hope you are having a good weekend [​IMG]

14. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

FOG !!! t's that time of the year here in Fresno.

Terry Page likes this.
  15. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

The wind is unreal today, 50's,dropping back off to freezing tonight.Feels cold because of the wind. Sunny at least. My youngest daughter
    and GD left before dawn this am to head home. Enjoyed the visit after not seeing them for 5 months. If I am lucky, will see again come next month.
    Radar the dog, once again has allergies with his eyes- sigh, a mere $115 this time.He is ten, so guess now he is going to have issues also.
    All else is well :)

Terry Page likes this.