The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

DnvR.gif morning (8).gif

It's crazy busy over here with 2 of our grandkids down with the RVS virus and all of us praying our newborn grandson doesn't come down with it as way to often newborns end up in the hospital if they get it. Our Thanksgiving was short some of one of our families because of this virus and since I was babysitting the kids the day before they got sick I am praying I don't get it either.

Right now we have my Honey's daughter spending a few days with us and today we are grilling some of her favorite foods for her. We are having some rain showers today but hopefully we can get everything grilled in between the showers.

We had some really cold weather for about a week, then a few days of temps in the 70's and then it will be back to the 30's at night in a day or two. I'll be glad when the temps settle down and quit jumping up and down.

I hope everyone is doing well these days. Over here it's one day at a time and still counting our blessings. :) Have a good one everyone.

Terry Page likes this.
  2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

This was my early morning giggle today..[​IMG]

Terry Page likes this.
  3. Maggie Mae

Maggie Mae Veteran Member
    Registered

Good Morning Everyone !

coffee funny.jpg

Terry Page and Don Alaska like this.
  4. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Good morning! .:D

[​IMG]

Terry Page and Beatrice Taylor like this.
  5. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Wife went back to work this morning, but could tell that she wasn't totally ready to return. Our Christmas tree is up and decorated, but still need to put on the tinsel. Yesterday my wife spent about 6 hours wrapping gifts to her family in So. California. Today, Monday, I will decorate the inside of our apartment more. IOW, when we decorate for Christmas...……..we do indeed decorate!

6. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Wife started to decorate Friday and got a lot done over the weekend. She had two of the grandkids out yesterday to help. She goes to work today and will have Tuesday off to finish up. She will then work the rest of the week. Everything is covered with ice here, so things are kinda tricky....

7. Beatrice Taylor

Beatrice Taylor Veteran Member
    Registered

I put out a few Christmas decorations on Sunday.

I need to go through the remaining items in the big plastic storage tote and fill a box for the local thrift shop.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  8. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Finished up our Christmas shopping today...oh what a relief that is! :)

Holly Saunders and Don Alaska like this.
  9. Maggie Mae

Registered

10. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Evenin' all...

It's been absolutely torrential rain and high winds all day and temps at only 8 deg c.....it was so dark by 3pm because of the rain, I had to put my lights on. I hate that because it makes the evening very long!!

Daughter sent me some tree decorations she had made with all the dogs names on them for the tree... I didn't have the heart t tell her that we're probably not going to bring the tree down from the attic this year!!

Bought my first Christmas gift today... not got many people to buy for so that's a relief!!

Beatrice Taylor and Don Alaska like this.
  11. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

nice-wednesday-quotes-pictures-7-8ca3cd5a.jpg

Good Morning One and All. :) Burrr....it's cold this morning but the good thing is that it will start warming up again as the day progresses and this weekend we may even see temps in the 80's. One thing we can count on here in Louisiana is that the weather never stays the same for very long.

It seems so strange to think that 2018 is almost over with. I don't know if it's just me but time seems to go by so much faster now that I'm older. No matter how fast it goes by though...I am thankful for every day of it.

Life is precious. Enjoy yours to the best of your ability.

Don Alaska likes this.
  12. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

[​IMG]Lousy night, so not sure just how good of a morning is to come today.Yawn....:)

Don Alaska, Nancy Hart and Maggie Mae like this.
  13. Maggie Mae

Registered

14. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

thursday-fabulous-beach.gif

176.jpg

I really enjoy my slower paced life now that I'm older....it seems I have much more time to stop and smell the roses, to really savor my morning coffee and sweet treat, and to bask in the love and affection of my family. There are still the hurry, hurry times in my life too...but they get fewer and farther away with each passing year and I find I really am glad about this. I not only want a slower paced life now but also seem to need it too. I watch the world flying by me and I'm so glad that my feet are firmly planted in a life that I no longer feel the need to fly by in. Oh how sweet life is now that I have the time to really savor it.

Last week when my Honey's daughter came to spend a few days with us and we had our Thanksgiving get together with our Family...my Honey actually took a week's vacation without any prompting from me on this. And as I watched him enjoying his time off...I knew that he was getting to savor the freedom of not being on a time clock too. We hope by next summer he will be able to stop working completely and enjoy the retirement he has worked so hard to earn. I want him to have time to savor this slower life with me fully too.

The cold temps are leaving today for a while but rain storms are expected for the next few days. Good days to read a good book, watch some good movies, etc. and most of all to enjoy our togetherness.

May your day be blessed and may you savor the good things life has gifted you with.

15. Maggie Mae

Registered