The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Maggie Mae

Maggie Mae Veteran Member
    Registered

2. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Time is passing very fast and I don't even know what country or week I am in a lot of the time dhUOuPYZcZvGXGxpJZZV.gif

We did venture out today going on a metro ride plus a short walk to one of a chain of hypermarkets we recently discovered, they stock all sorts of fish and freshly baked bread, amongst clothing and just about everything else you can imagine. They are massive places so you do a fair amount of walking, so it's exercise while shopping pMPbxdHNxXqewDpGgFIJ.gif

The temperature is forecast to drop over the next days to -11c that's around 12f I think. Lisa is working tomorrow but we plan to venture out to some art exhibitions over the weekend.

Enjoy your weekend whatever you are doing XVqbANfoMEHgVaJFHzNY.gif

3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Good morning! A pleasant day weatherwise and otherwise too. :)

Going to Curves soon and then I have a million things to do....who knows how much I'll accomplish....not worried yet, not down to the wire but will be soon, lol

Have a great day!!

Maryt Hope likes this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Good morning! Happy Friday!

Nice day weatherwise, high of about 62.

I'm feeling achey though and hope I'm not catching a cold. There is a nasty one going around that involves lots of coughing!

I'm not coughing, just achey...it's taking everything I have to go to Curves this morning. Later I have to go food shopping also.

I'll go to Curves but might not do the whole time...

Don't know for sure if I'm getting sick or I'm just having an achey day. Guess I'll know later.

Maryt Hope and Terry Page like this.
  5. Maggie Mae

Registered

6. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Well @Maggie Mae ...your post started a new page.

My good morning whine is on the previous page....just posting this for those that read the forum by recent post, lol.

Not blaming you Maggie :)

Just hate when that happens....

Maryt Hope likes this.
  7. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

297268-Good-Morning-Enjoy-Your-Saturday.gif
    Something is going on with my wifi service and I am only able to get on my computer early in the mornings for at least the past week. Our air channel TV keeps messing up too especially on two different channels off and on during the day when we are trying to watch a show. This also has been going on for about the same time as my wifi problems. Hopefully things will straighten out soon.

The weather is now back to the high 40's in the mornings and reaching into the high 50's and mid 60's during the day with enough sunshine to keep us happy. I was watching the News about the places where snow is happening right now and I'm very glad we don't get much snow over here. But I came across this picture taken in New Orleans when we did get snow not to long ago and I thought I'd share it with all of you.
    0911df2693d76d83bdd100accff8097e.jpg
    My Nephew and his fiancee are getting married at 5pm today. He was in the Armed Services these past few years while she went to Pharmacy School. Now they both are finished up with these things and will be started their married life together. I wish them a lifetime of happiness together. We are invited to the Wedding but won't be going because it is in another City and is at night...plus there will be a lot of drinking going on which I just don't want to be around...and don't want to bring my Honey around either.
    46452415_10218384593427814_2851417457690673152_n.jpg

@Chrissy Cross hope you are feeling better. There is alot of the RSV virus going around here and bronchitis which seems to take forever to heal. Praying that's not what is going on with you.

Have a blessed Saturday everyone. :) And remember...Christmas is Love.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  8. Maggie Mae

Registered

Yep .. sometimes we get to start a new page ... and no worries ... I would not take the blame anyway :)

Have a great weekend everyone !

holiday-coffee-flavors.jpg

9. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Well it's 4pm and it's pitch black outside. It's absolutely freezing with icy rain & high gale force winds , 0 degrees Celcius... but because of the heavy rain it's actually been dark enough to have the curtains and blinds closed since 3pm. Brrrrr!! All those people Christmas shopping today won't be having a good time for sure in this weather .

Fortunately I didn't need to go anywhere today much as I would have liked to go and window shop...but the warm and cosiness of the house is much more preferable....and I've just been binge watching Christmas cookery shows on TV... :D

10. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Went to breakfast this morning at Mimi's Café, a favorite of ours for breakfast, because, with my coffee, wife and I also share a Bloody Mary. Ham/Cheese Omelet for wife and Eggs Benedict for me.

I seen this lady walk in and I knew I had seen her before somewhere. I told her that and she told me where, but I didn't hear her. I went back to the table and got my wife, for her to take a look. She didn't remember either and then a man standing next to us told us it was a newscaster from a local tv station here. She told my wife who she was, but whispered it...……..like she really didn't want to be noticed. And, basically nobody did notice here. Guess that would tell anyone that most people here don't watch local news. Come to find out, the manager of the restaurant has known her for some 12 years. I looked up the station on my iPhone and found her. Kind of exciting. Perhaps not for her, but definitely for us!

Maryt Hope and Chrissy Cross like this.
  11. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That just sounds like a good day to stay inside , and keep the curtains and drapes closed against the winter storm outside, @Holly Saunders . I hope it blows over soon and your weather gets better again.
    It is a good thing that you didn’t have to go out and shop, and I also feel sorry for the people who do have to be out and drive in an ice storm, there is not much of anything slicker to have to drive on than a sheet of ice ! !
    Snow is better, anytime than ice.

12. Terry Page

Registered

Good evening from a cosy apartment in St.Peterburg [​IMG]

We have been out for most of the day going to a couple of art exhibitions, one in an upmarket store in a restored art nouveau building, that was virtually empty, the other in the Stroganov palace, which we have been to before, I think I posted some photos somewhere a while ago [​IMG]

We then went on to a nearby Korean retaurant for a late lunch, the staff are all Korean and very helpful, the food tasty and quite spicy, interestingly it was full of mainly Korean customers

Here are a few photos of our day...

Picture4.jpg

Picture4.jpg

IMG_4216.JPG

IMG_4192.JPG

IMG_4205.JPG

Picture6.jpg

Picture5.jpg

The Stronanov Palace

IMG_4179.JPG

Picture14.jpg

Picture13.jpg IMG_4149.JPG

13. Terry Page

Registered

The Korean restaurant

Picture1.jpg

IMG_4232.JPG

Picture2.jpg

IMG_4241.JPG

Picture3.jpg

14. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

download.jpg

I wish I was at a warm beach right now. :)

My Nephew and his beautiful Bride...now officially Mr. and Mrs.! :) This was a love story I enjoyed watching unfold and I wish them a lifetime of love and joy together.

48374684_10216738051744273_2703590279704739840_n.jpg

15. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Beautiful couple @Babs Hunt!

My daughter and SIL and grandsons are on a warm beach, they just flew to Maui yesterday. Will be there for a week.

@Terry Page that beer is bigger than Lisa! :)

Good morning everyone! High of 66 today, no Curves but am running to the store in a few minutes. Yesterday I stayed in my Jammie's all day.