The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

How sweet @Babs Hunt ...my grandsons aren't into baking.:(

Even though my grandsons were breast fed, their moms always pumped and put it in the freezer.

So I got to feed them earlier....at least that's how I remember it. :)

Good morning everyone! In the 50's today and besides Curves I have a lot to do.

Busy week with the luncheon, a drs appt an dggetting ready to go to my daughter's on Saturday or Sunday ...haven't decided yet. They won't be home from Maui until very late Saturday night so that's part of the issue.

If I go later in the day, traffic is a problem but if I go on Sunday I'd have to leave every early because I'm sure my daughter needs to go shopping after being gone a week and wants me to go with her.

Plus, the forecast calls for rain this weekend ...so, that's a factor also.

Anyway...a busy week...not even sure yet how long I want to stay..maybe until the New Year. The boys are both off from school so that's nice.

2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

:) My daughter pumps and freezes the milk too. But my grandson isn't even two months old yet and if you are breast feeding the "experts" recommend now that you don't give them a bottle for a few months so they won't get confused and not want to breast feed anymore. :)

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas at your daughter's Chrissy! :) And safe travels there and home again. Merry Christmas.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't remember my grandsons having any issues but it's been awhile.

Also, if you're working you have to pump and I don't know how long they were on maternity leave either:)

Anyway...thanks @Babs Hunt...Merry Christmas to you and yours!!

Babs Hunt likes this.
  4. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Do, Re, and Mi, say "Good Morning!"

[​IMG]

5. Maggie Mae

Maggie Mae Veteran Member
    Registered

6. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

afternoon all...
    [​IMG]

I've just got back from the local shops and there's nothing on the shelves...good grief, I think everyone is panicking because of Christmas and the threat of a No deal brexit., fortunately I only went there for some rolls from the bakers, and they had those... but the little little local grocery store had very little on the shelves ... anyway, it's a sunny--ish day and fairly warm for the time of year. I'm sitting here in just a sleeveless T-shirt on and jeans . Rain forecast for later tonight .

Tomorrow I have an appointment at the doctors surgery first thing, afterwards I'll go into the next town where they have larger supermarkets to hopefully get the Christmas food in ... and then 2 days after Christmas I have to have a my triennual mammogram ...so it's gonna be all a bit of an eclectic week.

7. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Have a Christmas dinner to go to this evening, put on by management and staff or our apt. complex. We've gone to this before and the food was great.

Getting things set up to have someone tow our boat to Colorado in May of next year.

Within 6 months, we should be out of Florida and heading towards northern Colorado.

8. Maggie Mae

Registered

9. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

c0d727aea65fd2e219f77e9d992eabb2.jpg

Yesterday we went to our youngest grandkids Mother's Day Out Christmas Program. There is so much joy in watching little ones being theirselves so naturally.
    IMG_0047.JPG IMG_0011.JPG IMG_0030.JPG
    The joy in life for me is made up of moments like this. Whatever moments bring you joy I hope you have lots of those moments in your life. Have a blessed day. :)

10. Holly Saunders

Registered

OH My Goodness... @Babs Hunt, that is just cuteness overload!!! :D

Bobby Cole and Babs Hunt like this.
  11. Holly Saunders

Registered

[​IMG]

Windy, grey and grim here today... I'm supposed to go pick up a prescription but I'll just leave it for another time and stay in the warm . Hubs last day at work today until after the new year so that's good news.

A crate of 12 bottles of wine arrived as a gift from a client today.... shame I'm tee-total.. but hubs will see that off, very quickly...

Have a good day folkies....

12. Maggie Mae

Registered

13. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

‘Tis a bright and sunny morning this morning and...it’s cold. 30 degrees.
    It is so cold that the geese which landed here 2 months ago have decided to go further south. A whole flock of them flew by in formation about 20 minutes ago and everyone of them was honking or snarfing at the leader to go faster.
    Snarfing? That’s the sound of goose with a head cold. A goose with a runny nose is a tragic thing to observe.

Even the squirrels are having a hard time this morning. The nuts I put out must be slightly frozen because one squirrel is just sitting on the perch looking at them. Hungry squirrel and frozen nuts. Poor squirrel.

14. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

beginning-to-look-like-christmas-post.jpg
    And it's beginning to smell a lot like Christmas too....at least at our house. :) I just finished making the sweet treats I am bringing to our Family get together today... We have white chocolate peppermint bark, peanut butter chocolate peppermint bark, chocolate fudge walnut cookies, and Reese's Triple Chocolate Fudge cake mix cookies. I was going to make some Fun Fetti cake mix cookies too but when I went over to my daughter's yesterday, my granddaughter decided she wants to make those...so I left the ingredients with her so she can do just that! :)

Its a cool, beautiful sunny day...a perfect day to get together with family or friends and just enjoy each other. Whatever you are doing today...I hope you enjoy your day in a special way...and I wish there was a way I could send all of you some of my sweet treats! :)

IMG_0003.JPG

15. Maggie Mae

Registered