The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Have a great day wherever you are and whatever you are doing!!!

adsw.jpg

2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

3. Maggie Mae

Maggie Mae Veteran Member
    Registered

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

5. Maggie Mae

Registered

6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

294186-Good-Morning-Have-A-Beautiful-Winter-Thursday.gif

Have a blessed day everyone! :)

Hedi Mitchell and Chrissy Cross like this.
  7. Maggie Mae

Registered

8. Holly Saunders

Registered

Evening from this side of the pond.... at 8pm...

It's been a bit of a busy day , sunny but cold.. but if course dark by 4pm

I had to have a mammogram today, never the most pleasant of things, but I try never to miss an appointment , so once that was done and out of the way.. we went Phone shopping , and looking specifically at the Iphone X series for me , because hubs already has the X, so as I'm overdue for an upgrade I've decided I'll have the new Iphone XS . Just gotta shop around now for the best deal...

Then we had a look at cars..hubs is thinking of buying a new Maserati , so we had a look at some of those, him saying one colour and interior me choosing the opposite...you all know how it goes I'm sure, but at the end of it, it's his car, ergo his choice ... ... then went to the pub for a drink ( coffee for me ) before grocery shopping ... then home.. and into the warm, and a hot cuppa tea... , and this is where I'm staying :D

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  9. Maggie Mae

Registered

10. Holly Saunders

Registered

Afternoon everyone....

It's a mild but overcast day here in the Greater London region...

Hubs is just replacing some kitchen taps that he's been meaning to get around to for a few weeks

he went and fetched them this morning, and has come back and got straight onto the job .. we've not bought anything expensive because we're gonna get a new kitchen fitted in the new Year at some point , but due to a leak in the base of the taps we had no choice in the interim but to buy new taps

[​IMG]

I've done my homework and I've found a great deal on the new Iphone XR which I'll be buying in the next few days... so I'm pleased as punch about that. Our local phone provider store wanted £350 down payment and £56 per month for 2 years... I've found a deal , no down payment and only £36 month with our current provider ...or £700 to buy outright with no contract...

have a good day all whatever you're up to today...

Don Alaska likes this.
  11. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

As a father of six breast-fed children, I would recommend that breast-fed children get used to a bottle and pumped breast milk. Our first set of twins were 7 weeks premature, and spent some time in the NICU, thus getting used to a bottle. When the second set of twins came around, we had proven to the powers-that-be that we could care for preemies at home, so they were sent home with us without being "adapted" to a bottle. I loved to baby sit the kids, but the boys (second set) refused to eat when mom was gone and would scream from the time she left until she returned. I believe in stay-at-home moms and breastfeeding, but it is nice for mom to get a break once in a while, and if the babies won't accept a bottle, that isn't possible until they are eating a lot of solid food.

Babs Hunt likes this.
  12. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Glad everyone seems to have had a good Christmas, especially @Holly Saunders with beer and caroling...even though she doesn't partake. Snow and more snow here with temps in the 20s F. The "big storm" is supposed to be arriving tonight and it is predicted to snow for 3 or 4 days. As usual, I will wait to see what the weather actually does. We received about 5 inches of new snow last night, so I plowed the driveway in preparation of much more snow to come. If it goes by the usual winter pattern, the snow will stop and the temperature will drop to -40 F./C. In 2007, the temperature dropped below -40 right after Christmas and stayed there for three weeks. We had two of our children and their families here, as well as 24 newborn goat kids that we stashed in the heated garage.

Wishing you all a good New Year!

13. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

WELCOME BACK, @Don Alaska ! ! We have missed you ! I think that you told us you were going to be gone, but I didn’t remember where or how long, and it sure seemed like you were gone a LONG time.

Don Alaska likes this.
  14. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

My computer that survived the earthquake crashed shortly thereafter. I lost my password and the reset password here didn't seem to work as I never got the promised reset message. I finally got into the hard drive on the old computer and retrieved the password.

15. Holly Saunders

Registered

Yeah, welcome Back @Don Alaska , nice to have you back again, so pleased you had a lovely Christmas.... :D

Don Alaska likes this.