The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I agree Don....and so does my daughter. She enjoys breast feeding her babies but also enjoys being able to pump her breast milk so others can bottle feed the babies when she wants to be out and about without the children too. Breast milk is the best milk for babies though...and saves a lot of money that formula costs now days. It is also so convenient since it is always the perfect temperature and no bottle washing, etc. And there is a bonding that goes on between mother and baby that is just wonderful to experience. Even when my daughter went back to work after her first baby she had plenty of breast milk pumped that I would feed my granddaughter. We had no problem getting any of her three children to take the bottle...but they don't always like the first nipple you choose for those bottles. Fortunately, I knew that from experience and recommended a nipple for the bottle that all 3 babies have taken to from the start. :)

I breast feed my middle daughter for almost a year and she was one who refused to take a bottle. I am a home body but there was times I had to run errands, etc. and she needed to take a bottle sometimes. I tried every nipple they made....but my daughter knew the difference and refused every one of them. So I sent her to my sister and she cried through two feedings until she took the bottle (she has always been my stubborn child)...and after that she took the bottle. :)

Don Alaska likes this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It is time to get an iPad ! They don’t crash, and probably even survive earthquakes better than a desktop computer does.

4. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

My laptop survived, but I never used it to access the forum. I don't even much like laptops much less iPads. It is not that I am not reasonably tech savvy for my age, but my fingers don't work on virtual keyboards well, and I enjoy sitting at a desk when I work unless it is just looking up info. We use the laptop mostly when we travel and occasionally to watch movies on the train. I also need printer access and, although I have a wireless printer, the hard-wired printer is more secure as is the desktop.

5. Yvonne Smith

I don’t like virtual keyboards either, @Don Alaska ; but this is a picture of my iPad , which is almost 13”, and the keyboard case, which actually makes it like a small, lightweight laptop.
    We have a wireless printer, so it works just fine from our iPads, too.
    8E8F30BC-CD3E-44E6-95D9-E320C4BBB5A2.jpeg

6. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

7. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Veteran Member
    Registered

This is gonna be the absolute low point of the year 'cos my dog Sari is gonna suffer tremendously. I keep praying that everything will be over asap.
    sari2.jpg

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  8. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

@sorry to hear that @Thomas Stearn....what's happening with Sari?

I just got back to Fresno yesterday and haven't been that up to date on here for the last week or so...

Good morning everyone! Back home! Had a great Christmas and week at my daughter's. Very chilly here, brrrr

Our high is only 50 today but I love it. :)

Have a great Day and New Year's Eve!

Holly Saunders and Thomas Stearn like this.
  9. Thomas Stearn

Registered

It's the New Year's Eve fireworks which have, in fact, been going on for two days and which won't stop up until the wee hours.
    Isn't Pickles going to suffer, too?

Holly Saunders and Chrissy Cross like this.
  10. Maggie Mae

Maggie Mae Veteran Member
    Registered

11. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Fireworks don't seem to bother him....thankfully.

I havent heard any fireworks yet in any case.....it's a very quiet neighborhood so far.

12. Yvonne Smith

We used to have a little Pekingese who was terrified of any kind of loud noises, fireworks, gunshots, thunderstorms. If she was outside and there was a loud bang of some kind, she came running for the back door and jumping up and down until we let her come in, and then she would go into hiding until she was sure that the noise was over and it was safe to come out again.
    It never bothered my Chipper, maybe because he was always right beside me, and he felt safe from everything. Red was not always scared of loud noises, but when we lived in the country in Idaho, she loved to go out and chase wild rabbits.
    The people next door had a shooting range there, where the local law enforcement came to practice, and my guess is that she must have been out happily rabbit-chasing one day, and people started shooting, and she thought they were shooting at her.
    In any case, she became afraid of loud noises, and remained that way for all of her life.

A8506B73-FED4-4E30-B3DE-7FB80FDFCAE9.jpeg

Holly Saunders and Thomas Stearn like this.
  13. Thomas Stearn

Registered

Lucky you. Just wait a little. Midnight is farther away at your place, I guess. Here there are 7 hours to go but it won't end at midnight.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
    Holly Saunders and Chrissy Cross like this.
  14. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I will be asleep at midnight, hopefully Pickles will be also.:)

He's 11 so we've gone thru a few NYEs and 4th of Julys...it doesn't bother him...so far.

I know he's not deaf because he can hear the UPS truck a block away and start to bark.

Thomas Stearn and Yvonne Smith like this.
  15. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

7937310_c7e82.gif giphy (5).gif

And it's 72 degrees also. :) I dropped my Honey off at work for a few hours and then went to Albertson's to get a nice thick ham slice, some cole slaw, and a can of black eyed-peas. Since there will just be the two of us eating our New Year's Day traditional foods there was no sense in buying the whole ham, etc. this time. I also found a small Happy New's Year's one layer cake for our dessert.

While my Honey will be up probably at midnight to welcome in the New Year....I haven't been up in years for that...except to hear the fire works going off and on for awhile. The past couple of years there has even been less fire works going off even though we live out of the City limits where they are legal.

We are supposed to go babysit our youngest grandkids tomorrow around lunch time so my youngest daughter and her husband can go to lunch and a movie. Since the baby was born in October they haven't really had any time with just each other so we thought that would be a good thing for them to start the New Year off with while we play with our grandkids.

In case I don't get on here tomorrow....a very Blessed New Year to each and every one of you!
    New-Year-Peace-Quotes-Image.jpg