The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

;) Hope you have a grand day!
    [​IMG]

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Good morning! High of 61 today with a chance of rain in the afternoon. I did hear rain last night but didn’t hear high winds or I was in a very deep sleep. Too dark yet to look in my back yard if any branches broke etc. I do know that my pine trees didn’t fall on me and that’s all I care about. Lawn guys come tomorrow anyway and will clean up yard if it needs it.

Just Curves and maybe store today...house is spotless but if I wasn’t so lazy I’d start cleaning out closets but I doubt that will happen today.

I’m anxiously waiting for the new season of Grace and Frankie coming out tomorrow....my weekend is planned. :)

Have a great day!

Terry Page and Don Alaska like this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

3E4C16FC-C3E9-45EA-86D4-AA8C36EB77CA.jpeg Here is what they do....everything gets cleaned but they do a deep cleaning rotation of different areas each time and that’s the part I like. I can dust and vacuum myself but it’s the attention to certain areas that I pay for. I also don’t have them cleaning two bedrooms that I don’t use..in order to lower my price a little.

4. Maggie Mae

Maggie Mae Veteran Member
    Registered

5. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes we will @Don Alaska after 4 days in Bangkok we will fly to Chiang Mai in the north, where I have arranged a car rental to spend a few days driving around the Mae Hong Son Loop , then we fly to Phuket island in the south and hire a car for 5 days to go to Krabi and the Khao Sok National Park, where we have rented a hut in the rain forest, oddly enough built by a Russian couple who have lived there for 12 years.

Whereabouts did you go when you were there?

Chrissy Cross and Holly Saunders like this.
  6. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

After eventually getting a nights sleep here in Bangkok we have been exploring various sights, it's 35c (95f) here at the moment so a bit of a shock to the system ;) I will post some photos on a separate thread.

Enjoy your weekend

7. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

WoW 95 degrees?... is it very humid @Terry Page ?...looking forward to your photos when you get a chance to take some...

Terry Page likes this.
  8. Maggie Mae

Registered

9. Tim Burr

Tim Burr Veteran Member
    Registered

Cool, it's Friday and that means...ALIEN DAY.

Not just your typical Aliens, but ANCIENT ALIENS all day! Hours and hours.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I spent most of my time around Bangkok, but we rented a beach "cottage" (2-story) near Phuket for a couple weeks and enjoyed it thoroughly. I never made to the north, but I had an older lady friend who went into the northern interior and she thought it was great. I would say to be careful of the snakes if you are going out on your own.

Terry Page likes this.
  11. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Well, my day just took a downturn. I got into my truck and headed down the driveway with my dog beside me, when the cab filled with smoke. I was going to get the mail, but I had to turn back while I could still breathe. I am guessing that the blower motor is shot. I will get around to checking it out when it warms, but it is -10 F. outside right now, and my truck doesn't fit easily into my garage. I might be able to drive to my son's house with no heat as he has a huge garage, but I will wait till it warms a bit to even do that. I 'm grounded while my wife is at work now....:(

12. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

:(

Don Alaska likes this.
  13. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Hope you get that car fixed soon @Don Alaska . Is your son's place nearby? I hope you and little pooch didn't get too much of that smoke into your lungs...good thing you're both safe!!

Don Alaska likes this.
  14. Maggie Mae

Registered

15. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

How are you doing @Gloria Mitchell ? I am hoping that things have settled down again in your life .

And @Don Alaska , also hoping that you were able to get your truck home and get the blower motor fixed again. Driving with no heat and the windows open is not fun in any kind of cold weather, and at 10 below zero, it would be a real hassle ! I am guessing that this might end up being your project for the day, since you will probably need parts to fix or replace the blower motor.

Prayers for both of you guys going out from here today.......