The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Maggie Mae

Maggie Mae Veteran Member
    Registered

2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Evenin' folks...

I've had a busy day today, not least that I had my physiotherapy today , which always quite tiring for some reason.

I treated myself to 3 new tunic style tops for being a good girl in Physio ..:D

Hubs is away on Business, and has just sent me a photo of his hotel room...very plush!! I think I need a little hotel break myself... :rolleyes::D

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Holly Saunders

Registered

[​IMG] Lovely and sunny, but a really strong cold wind howling down the chimney!!!

Poor hubs is working on top of a very high building in London today!!...very scary!!

Don Alaska likes this.
  4. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Good morning everyone. They are forecasting a high of 80 F (26.7 C) here today. o_O

TAx9b.jpg

5. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

yesterday the high was 80 plus... today we are at 37 -with a high of 46..
    Complete with thunder storm earlier. Texas-ever changing weather. Awake at 3:45 am up at 4:15.. I hate that.
    Have pot of stew on the stove and a small roast cooking in BQ sauce in the oven.
    Need to color my roots, but just not in the mood. Trying to decide if this day warrants a bra and change of clothes- not going anywhere :D.
    [​IMG]

Holly Saunders likes this.
  6. Holly Saunders

Registered

Naaaa... be comfy @Gloria Mitchell ...no bra... slouchy clothes.. , whose gonna see you? :D

I ought to do my roots too tbh... In fact I may go and do that this afternoon while I think of it

7. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

224266-Good-Morning-Its-Coffee-Time.jpg

Well it's really past coffee time....but I've been busy and couldn't get here until now. :)

I've also been sick and now I'm sick and tired of being sick! I went to the Doctor last Thursday to get some meds for a UTI and after I took the first dose I woke up in the middle of the night with a terrible sore throat which added deep coughing to it two days later. One of the side effects of the meds was sore throat and I was supposed to call my Doctor right away if I developed that. I was going to do that but since my throat wasn't trying to close up and I wasn't having trouble breathing, etc. I felt something else had to be going on. Sure enough there's some kind of virus going around that is causing sore throats and bronchitis like coughing, etc. Since the antibiotic won't help anything viral and it wasn't doing a thing for my sore throat or cough but did wonders for my UTI...I figured I was okay. So not! It's been a week now and today is the first day I feel like a human being again. I still have the cough but it is breaking up now and my throat is still a little sore but so much better than it was. Hello world...I'm back! And I hope everyone has been doing okay while I was away. :)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  8. Holly Saunders

Registered

Oh I'm sorry you've been so poorly @Babs Hunt . horrible to feel so bad like that, and UTI's are the worst, they make you feel so miserable, but I'm pleased you're feeling more like your old self again now..

9. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I do...but I wish I felt more like my "younger" self. :D

10. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Good morning to you all, I have just about got back into being in the UK after our amazing trip around Thailand, it all seems like a dream now [​IMG]

We spent our last day wandering around Bangkok in the heat and discovered the home of a former Thai Prime Minister M.T. Kukrit, a 2 acre oasis in the city surrounded by skyscrapers. The grounds has 5 traditional teak houses, which Kukrit had moved from their original sites scattered over Thailand. The government now run it as heritage site, though not many people visit it as far as we could see.

Here are a few of the photos we took

Have a great weekend...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We didn't cross this bridge [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Don Alaska and Holly Saunders like this.
  11. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

We also walked around a large park in the centre

[​IMG]

It was in the 90s so we didn't stay too long feeling like these cats [​IMG]

[​IMG]

We came across this reptile as we left...

[​IMG]

12. Holly Saunders

Registered

Morning all...

We have Storm Eric this morning and forecast for the whole weekend.. so we have 80mph winds and heavy rain!! not fun.

However I have no plans to go anywhere today so I'll just hunker down.

upload_2019-2-8_10-43-47.jpeg

Terry Page likes this.
  13. Holly Saunders

Registered

Lovely pictures @Terry Page . I bet you're feeling the cold now that you're back in the UK?

Aside from all the beauty in the places you visited, was there anything you had to be wary of while you were there?

14. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Storm Eric @Holly Saunders? Is that like the hurricanes we have here in the US?

15. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Good-Morning-Its-A-New-Day-wg6313.jpg

Hope it's a very blessed one for each of us! :)

It hasn't been fun waiting for my health problems to get better but it has been nice to have some "down time" to enjoy spending some time playing on my computer again and having time to read and post here on SOC. I think of all of you so often and keep y'all in my prayers...life right now is so busy for me that I don't have a lot of time to call my own these days. Because I'm busy doing the things I love I don't really mind this and I also know that things will slow down again and then I will have to much time of my own once again. My life is blessed to overflowing at times, but I really wouldn't want it any other way. :)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
    Terry Page and Holly Saunders like this.