The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

The morning started off well, slept real good,. Had breakfast. Put on me summer time make up face, sun screen, poofed up me hair.
    As all set to go out with hubby to an event when- news flash - ugh, is Saturday- the event is tomorrow!
    @$%%&^&$. Sigh..oh well the Kentucky Derby is on later;)

2. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

Good Morning from Fresno California. It's 10:30 AM & 75 degrees. There were only four murder shootings here in the past 48 hours.

3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

What has the shootings got to do with you, @Lon Tanner ? Did they happen near where your assisted living home is at, or are you just remarking about crime in Fresno ?

4. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Hey-Hey-Its-Sunday-Image.png It's a glorious sunny morning.... it's also Mr HD's 59th Birthday... and he's spending it working on a car..:D.. whatever floats his boat..;).. we're going out later for dinner...

It's also Día de la Madre in Spain, so I've had mothers' day wishes from my daughter... I get 2 Mother's day's in the year..one in March and one in May... :D

Have a super Sunday folks....

5. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Hysterical Lon....:D

6. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Beautiful sunny day. Not sure what we will do today yet.Hope you all have a great Sunday;)

Don Alaska likes this.
  7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It is another chilly, wet day here in Alabama. I have my little short bathrobe on this morning (put all of the light jackets away for the summer last week), and am having my morning Bulletproof Coffee.
    I actually bought some of the expensive Kerrygold butter to try in the coffee, since it is supposed to be much better than regular butter, healthwise. I add a spoonful of butter and a spoonful of coconut oil, some cinnamon and a little sweetener, and then blend the daylights out of it, and it actually tastes pretty good, rich and creamy, with only the tiniest dab of cream in the coffee.

I ordered a little garden kneeler/sitter to work in the flowerbeds with, and it is supposed to arrive on Monday or Tuesday. One direction, it is a seat, and upside down, it is a cushion to kneel on. I am hoping that my knee will cooperate enough that I can actually kneel with this thing. Gardening “upside down” is not a fun thing, and I have trouble breathing when I am all doubled over, so hoping that I can now actually get down close to the ground again, and then back up afterwards !

Don Alaska and Holly Saunders like this.
  8. Holly Saunders

Registered

Morning all... from my home to yours...

[​IMG]

The photo is a field in front of the church in the village just down the lane

Vaguely sunny, but cloud approaching fast now at nearly mid-day... and quite cold, only 52 deg...

It's a holiday Monday here ( May day , aka the first Monday in May, Spring holiday ), many people are off work and businesses and schools are closed ..but not my O/H...he's at work as usual...

I had a terrible muscle cramp in my calf last night which woke me up violently...ooooooohhhh that hurt!!!!

feeling tired now..might go for an afternoon kip...

9. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

5 AM and it is light outside...at least enough to see clearly. Stayed around 40 F. last night, so no frost but it is cloudy. I think today is supposed to be a sunny one but it is too early to say for sure. A fairly busy day planned, with meetings and appointments. Wife wants to finish her little wall, and I have trees to cut down and cut up. We'll see how all that goes after the required things are done. We are moving plant flats in and out daily to harden everything off to get ready for planting or sale--over 100 flats of plants now. Things will get repotted soon and there will then be even more to shuffle around. It rained yesterday, and the trees are budding out, but no leaves bigger than a thumbnail yet and the grass is starting to get green.

Sad your cramp awakened you , @Holly Saunders. I hope it goes away and stays away. I feel your pain:).

Happy Monday to everyone!

10. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Sunny in Texas and going to be warm.
    Like most Mondays have much to do.
    Hope you all have a pain free day :)

Holly Saunders likes this.
  11. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

It's hot outside, people!! I was just out in the back yard and moving some birdhouses around. I disturbed a wasp nest and had to run for my life. :D The little boogers didn't catch me and I will be back out there with Mr. Bug Spray later to spoil their day.

@Holly Saunders Holly, I have read that magnesium lotion (or spray) is helpful for muscle cramps. I bought some recently but haven't tried it yet. I occasionally get a charlie horse in my foot or calf muscle.

12. Holly Saunders

Registered

I've got some Magnesium spray here , so that's handy :) but are you supposed to put it on before bed..or when you get the cramps?..I dunno....I'll have to google it

Yikes...not good about the wasps nest..I hate those things!! :eek:We had a wasps nest in the back of the brick shed last summer... hubs had to wait until it the weather got cold before he could get in there and remove it!!

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  13. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I need to read about the magnesium, too. I heard that the topical type is better than taking oral magnesium because of adsorption through the skin.

I have some flying bug spray that has a stream of about 15', so I can stand waaaaaay back and spray the wasp nest. I'll be headed out there to ruin their day as soon as they settle down, lol.

14. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

15. Holly Saunders

Registered

Morning all...

It started off sunny, but now it's cloudy ... hubs couldn't come home last night, he finished too late at the location he was working yesterday to make the journey home , to be up early enough for work this morning so he stayed at this hotel last night..... expenses paid jammy beggar... ..

https://www.thegoodenough.co.uk/

I've been going through my photos on my External HD..and found a load I'd forgotten about .. this is one of my favourites it was taken at Christmas time near Granada, Spain... I remember it was still really warm enough just to have a sweater and no coats...

spain december near granada .jpg

have a good Tuesday everyone....