The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Goood Morning to ya!

Attached Files:

Don Alaska likes this.
  2. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Good morning everyone... It's still night here. [​IMG]

frogs-001.jpg

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Morning all..

Looks like we're going to get another sunny & warm but not as hot day today. We had low 80's at the weekend....

Don Alaska likes this.
  4. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Veteran Member
    Registered

Good morning to all late risers ;)

Yesterday I went swimming for the first time this year. Water was pleasantly refreshing and presumably still the cleanest it can be at the beginning of the season. Air temperature was and still is too hot (almost 88). Am waiting for cooler weather tomorrow even though it could mean that I'd have to accept a thunderstorm (hoping it will then not be too heavy, though).

See.jpg

5. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Predicted to be in the 70s today, but we will see.... Neighbor down the road called in the middle of the night (around 3 AM) to tell us that there was a ruckus in the woods and it seemed to be headed our way. He thought it was someone up to no good, but I checked the greenhouse on the other side of the property and noticed an old beehive was toppled and one super was smashed, so I suspect it was a bear passing through. I have found no other damage, so I think it has just move on. We have bears pass through once in a while, but they seldom have done any damage, and have never hurt our livestock, chickens, or dogs. They are just a bit hungry now, as there are no berries and the salmon have not reached here yet.

Good morning to all!

Holly Saunders likes this.
  6. Holly Saunders

Registered

I know Steve North who lives in Massey Ontario, has a problem with bars too....

7. Holly Saunders

Registered

That should have said BEARS ..not Bars ...*sheesh*.... ^^^^^

Yvonne Smith and Don Alaska like this.
  8. Holly Saunders

Registered

G'morning all....

It's a windy and squally shower day today after a lovely sunny warm week.. and would you believe I have to go out in it this afternoon when the rain is forecast to be very heavy and the Frdiay traffic is 3 times worse than it is during the week...*sigh*...

I'm trying to get things arranged for our trip to Spain shortly..and we'll be visiting DD when we get there, and the precious grandfurkids..so I'm looking forward to that!!

I had an MRI on my knee done by the NHS almost 3 weeks ago, and can you believe the results are still not in!! I should have had it done privately as I did with the X-ray earlier in the year when I got my results the same day. As it is, my physiotherapist is kind of stuck not knowing where to go from here , when we have no results.. apart from my kneecap out of position..

Anyway this cheered me up this morning... a picture of a window in my daughters' finca.... she's just varnished the shutters, doesn't it look picturesque?

[​IMG]

Have the best Friday you can everyone......

Hedi Mitchell and Don Alaska like this.
  9. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

It looks like another beautiful day! It was 45 F. when I got up, but with the sunshine, it will soon be in the 60s at least. It is Friday and we don't have anything on the agenda for today as far as I know. Wife went to spend time with the new grandson, while I stayed home and changed the oil and lubed the tractor, getting ready for the remainder of summer. Good luck with the trip to Spain, @Holly Saunders. I hope all goes well with the trip and your knee. We will be arranging our first trip south for this year soon. Son #3 and his newly-pregnant wife are coming to visit and see their new nephew, then we will follow them down to Seattle to visit with the oldest grandchildren. We have to visit them on their terms these days, as they are teenagers and have a very packed schedule of activities.

Have a good weekend all!

Holly Saunders likes this.
  10. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

You're in good company.

danlboone.png

11. Holly Saunders

Registered

12. Holly Saunders

Registered

Mornin' all....

It's stopped raining at last. We had a month's worth of rain in just 24 hours!! Torrential!! ...Not sure that it's finished with rain completely yet!!

However to cheer me up, DD sent a picture of one of the furkids on the doggie beach yesterday, having a great time...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The fledgling blue tits have been out of the nest for about a week and are feeding well at the bird feeder in my garden...they move so quickly it's hard to get a picture of more than one of them on there together...
    [​IMG]

Don Alaska and Hedi Mitchell like this.
  13. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

We had some really high wind here long before the rain came. If you have seen the News very bad in some areas. Better yesterday and should be scorching hot soon. Here is picture right outside our door

Attached Files:

14. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

We continue to have fabulous weather...it couldn't really be any better. Everything is growing and green now, but we have daylight all night, so it is difficult to get sleep now and we are always exhausted. We had terrible heat yesterday--it was 73 F. !:) It did not rain last night, although it has been raining in the evening for much of the past week.

15. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Good morning, at 5:27 am EST. I went to bed less than 3 ½ hours ago, and read for a while before going to sleep.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019