The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

We had a 15 cu-ft freezer and a 22 cu-ft freezer and we just retired the smaller one. My sons have several large freezers as they still have families to feed. We also have the small freezers that are attached to refrigerators as well. This was the first tiem we retrieved a moose in warm weather and daylight. Most of the time it is dark and very cold.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Morning all...

26 degrees here ( approx 78 F)... and sunny...

Just been refilling the bird feeders, the blue tits and sparrows just can't eat them fast enough, and the bigger birds, the collared doves and wood pigeons, swoop in to get the dropping of the shells from the ground!!

Daughter says it's currently 96 deg in Malaga...

yesterday I got a lot done in the house, ll those little jobs that are always waiting to be done too...

Have a good Thursday folks... good-morning-roses.jpg

Don Alaska likes this.
  3. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

The weather has finally returned to normal--it was 53 F. (~12 C.) this morning with something overhead--the weather people say it is smoke, but it looks like clouds. The mosquitoes have come out in droves. Wife is doing pickles and stuff. I put a coat of roof stuff on the equipment shed yesterday. It appears things are returning to normal, but no rain yet. Have a good Thursday!

Holly Saunders likes this.
  4. Holly Saunders

Registered

checking-in-on-saturday-laptop-screen-glitter.gif ...Morning all.... it's grey and overcast today, but humid. First day of no sun since we got back from Spain. O/H has the weekend off, but today he's going to have a well deserved rest after a very hard week with long hours... and gonna spend his day chilling and watching the racing!! Tomorrow we'll go out!!

5. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Working on hanging a bug zapper, re wiring the line on our. Satellite dish. Cleaning up the patio. Time for some colorful dodads.. Looking a bit blah. BTW.. it is hot .

Attached Files:

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  6. Holly Saunders

Registered

Morning all...

It's an absolutely glorious morning, not a cloud in the sky and temps set to be around 90 deg f...

yesterday hubs had the day off and we visited an Air museum, which is situated inside a Hanger, and also has a smattering of vintage vehicles and outside has some beautiful gardens attached... lovely day....

Today hubs is back at work, and although I'm a little sore after yesterdays' jaunts so I may go out to have a drink with my oldest friend Jen, and enjoy the sun and take more photos...

here's some photos from the garden yesterday ( I've reduced these for the forum)..later when I get more time, I'll post the planes etc

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Holly Saunders

Registered

Good Morning peoples...

It was soo hot yesterday, and high humidity too.. it was inevitable that we had a huge and very loud thunderstorm during the night.

Sunny this morning, high of up to 90 predicted for today.. but with possible cloud this afternoon... I hate heat and cloud, if it's going to be hot let there be Sunshine...

Another couple of pictures from the air museum

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  8. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Rain!!! We are receiving our first rain in over a month. It began last evening and continues. This will dramatically reduce the wildfire danger and give us a rest from watering lawns and gardens...although it WILL bring our the slugs that have been dormant during the drought. Wife is canning pickles every other day now, as the grandchildren adore grandma's pickles.

9. Holly Saunders

Registered

We had a HUGE lightening and thunderstorm during the early hours of this morning, the loudest and most specracular anyone's seen in years. Sadly it didn't brak the heat, by the time I went into the garden at 8am it was already hot and everything but the garden chair pads were already dry and hot...

100 Degrees forecast for tomorrow.... :eek:

Don Alaska likes this.
  10. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Where do you live. I looked at London's forecast and it is having one 30C plus day this week.. the rest mid 20sC. Same with Southampton where the cricket has been played this week .. France on the other hand is sweltering.. saying it may be their hottest summer ever. Mid winter here in Sydney.. 20-22C all this week.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
  11. Holly Saunders

Registered

I live on the outer edge of London..your source is incorrect...we had 92 degrees yesterday..today it's gonna be 100 degrees

Bess Barber likes this.
  12. Holly Saunders

Registered

Britain is braced for what may prove to be its hottest day in history today, with temperatures forecast to climb as high as 102F (39C) on what is being dubbed 'Tropical Thursday'.

The scorching conditions could trigger thunderstorms - which could mean travel delays, flash flooding, and even power cuts - and rail bosses plan to slow trains amid fears of tracks buckling as the metal heats up to 122F (50C).

Warnings were issued over the dangers of cooling off in lakes, rivers and the sea yesterday after the bodies of three people were pulled from the water following reports they reportedly got into difficulty swimming.

A yellow weather warning is in force for most of England, except the south-west, and parts of Scotland from 3pm on Thursday until 4am on Friday.

According to the Met Office, there is a 60 per cent chance today will break the all-time UK temperature record of 38.5C.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...EST-day-record-today-highs-set-soar-102F.html

Bess Barber and Don Alaska like this.
  13. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Then your two day heatwave is set to end (see below).:( That is more like the usual English summer.:p So no need to race out and buy an air conditioner.. I do hope the heatwave returns for the Ashes tho as we Aussies play better when we have sun on our backs.;)
    Fri
    Increasing sunshine 25
    Sat
    Mostly cloudy 23
    Sun
    Mostly cloudy 24
    Mon
    Increasing sunshine 23
    www.weatherzone.com.au

Bess Barber likes this.
  14. Holly Saunders

Registered

All absolutely wrong...it's been 90 degrees most of the week and full sun..yesterday we had the hottest July in history at 101.4 degrees.. believe me I was out in it as were all these people.. except I stayed well away from the crowded beaches... !! Trains were cancelled because lines were buckled, tarmac melted....

Wherever your getting your info from you should change it.. it couldn't be more wrong!!
    however this morning, the heat is broken after a thunderstorm last night and again this morning, and it's raining, and gonna be around 80 deg today!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

for someone who lives the other side of the world, you seem to think you know more than us, who live here, very amusing!!... believe me AC is much needed at 100 degrees with high humidity and without tower fans or AC this would have been hell!!... !!

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  15. Holly Saunders

Registered

Good Morning everyone...

It's raining this morning and altho' the heat has dropped by about 20 degrees from yesterday it's still verrrry humid. Currently we have a thunderstorm lots of lightening going on but I still have the windows open and the fans running!!

yesterday we went out to visit a Jacobean house and gardens ..it was 100 degrees.. .. we thought we'd stay in land because so many people would be crowding the beaches, and we were right... hardly anyone at the house and gardens.. just a few sprinkled around taking shade under the trees...

[​IMG] this is one of glasshouses in the organic kitchen garden located at the old manor house, where they grow peaches, and grapes...

The rest of the garden is usually beautiful but the weeks of intense heat has made everything look very sorry for itself indeed despite th volunteer gardeners trying their best to keep it up..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]