The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Hope you get the leak fixed quickly, Holly.

I remember, when we lived in Florida, we were taking a nap in our bedroom one afternoon, with the door shut. We both woke up and wife had to use the master bedroom bathroom, so I headed to the spare bedroom bathroom. I heard a noise coming from there as I approached and next thing I knew, I was stepping in water on the carpet. The inlet metal hose on the back of the toilet had broken while we were sleeping. The water was pretty much gushing out of the broken spot. The bathroom was flooded, part of the second bedroom carpet was soaked, the spare bedroom closet carpet was totally soaked, as well as the hallway carpet. Immediately went (ran) to the office and they sent maintenance to us. He shut off our main water and fans were set up in all areas of the wet carpet. It all finally dried out, after the fan were on all night.

Never again took a nap with the bedroom door completely closed. We woke up just in time, or the entire apartment would have been flooded.

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, we will be in for both winter weather and spring weather all in the same week. Tomorrow afternoon and night forecasters are calling for up to 3 inches (or more) of snow. Then, a week from today (Saturday) we will have a high of 66. This time of year, 66 degrees is definitely a "heat wave" for us.

Micki Pembroke likes this.
  3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I went shopping left hubs home to see to the plumber...

first the electrician came to check there was no water getting into anything it shouldn't ( we knew it wasn't) then 2 hours after that the plumber arrived (5pm) just as I got home with all the shopping ... he's explained the problem and how it needs repaired, but he can't get any of the parts until next week he's had to drain our hot water tank , which means we'll have no hot water at all until sometime next week... I'm stunned..I asked him how can we have no hot water, how can we shower ? :eek::eek::eek::eek:..he could only apologise and say that as it's so late on the weekend he can't arrange for the new parts and possibly a new tank until Monday morning, and then no guarantee when it will be repaired or replaced.. so it could take up to a week!!!:( :mad:

Hubs will be fine, as from Sunday night he's working away for a few days and staying in a hotel so he'll have lovely hot showers... only me without hot showers.... and no hot water for washing up except if I boil a kettle.. o_O

4. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Veteran Member
    Registered

Too bad.:eek:
    Is there a health club or public swimming pool nearby which you could have a shower at?

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  5. Micki Pembroke

Micki Pembroke Veteran Member
    Registered

@Holly Saunders That really sucks....pardon my word. :eek::(:(:(.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  6. Micki Pembroke

Registered

Good Morning Quotes Inspirational Beautiful Sunday….jpeg Enjoy your Sunday.

Lois Winters likes this.
  7. Holly Saunders

Registered

Yes there is... well a few miles away, but I could also use my friend or siblings' place. but that's all very personal isn't it? ... but I don't think we'll need it my ever handy clever husband has decided he'll repair it himself because despite the plumber ''emptying the tank'' yesterday, when we got up this morning the bucket was filled again with water so hubs just been out and got the parts this morning, and is in the process now of fixing it himself.... the tank leak that is... , because we simply can't be doing without hot showers.

He'll be gone for the next few days, and I'll wait the return of the plumber to fit a new boiler ( immersion heater boiler tank)... and someone to come and repair the ceiling... then we'll redecorate next time hubs has some time off...

Micki Pembroke and Thomas Stearn like this.
  8. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Veteran Member
    Registered

I do know it's no relief but you wouldn't have had more luck here as far as craftsmen are concerned. :D

9. Micki Pembroke

Registered

need dat morning coffee! Food & Kitchen Poster Print _ metal posters - Displate.jpeg Happy Monday Everyone......Somewhat confused about whether March came in like a Lion or Lamb ..... WE had snow, rain, wind, sun, up to 0, down to -5, then the same things over and over through the day, guess i'll have to wait till the end of the month to decide. :confused::rolleyes:o_O.

10. Holly Saunders

Registered

[​IMG]

Lovely sunny day today.. 49 degrees f.. but it's warm sitting here with the sun streaming through the window... . Hubs has gone away for a few days on business, so I have the house to myself...I love that. I just do what I want when I want...

This morning I got the chores out of the way, and now I'm just going to stay indoors all day and do nothing else at all except make food for myself.....

Yvonne Smith and Micki Pembroke like this.
  11. Micki Pembroke

Registered

12. Micki Pembroke

Registered

Lady Jam - Good Morning, Friends.gif Happy Wednesday.

13. Holly Saunders

Registered

14. Micki Pembroke

Registered

15. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

I hope all is repaired at this writing, Holly.