The Lure Of Religion: Jon Rappoport

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Joy Martin, May 7, 2019.

1. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

I have followed Jon's works for decades and some of his work interests me and a lot does not. This piece interests me and for me I was Born into Catholism, had no choice but fell away in my 30's lots of life changing stuff going on. Searched for years and found some places that "fit" and finally found SOM in the 80's and that really "fit"...I still live by SOM Principles but attend no church.

https://jonrappoport.wordpress.com/2019/05/07/the-lure-of-religion/

2. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

I like Jon work and he is right about a lot of things especial the medical end. I do believe that organized religion was set up to control people. I am not one for organized religion but do believe we all have a spiritual capacity. I think the ten commandments could have been done in one line. Have respect for all living things and special respect with people you interact with. This is a sign in my Dojo as rules.

3. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, control and division. Religion as I see it divides more than brings together. Just all the wars alone because of religion. Some wake up early in their lives and I woke up late, but I woke up. And many just go along in their comfort zones.

For many years of my life, my religion was the SUN, the lovely warm sandy beach sucking in the great SUN.

Monica Rich and Frank Sanoica like this.