The Pit And The Peak Of Your Day

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Holly Saunders, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Pit--I actually got outside and pulled weeds yesterday, which means my thighs are so sore today I can barely get up and down the stairs. :confused: This getting old thing is crimping my style.

Peak--I'm still able to pull weeds so what am I whining about?

2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Haha - you're so sensible :p

3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Today was my first day to be able to go swimming again, and I enjoyed it so much ......... I have missed my swimming ! This is a great peak for my day, and I am looking forward to making it a regular part of my schedule again.
    I am looking forward to the time change this weekend, and longer (maybe warmer?) days and afternoons.
    I even got my two miles of walking in today, so I will definitely be sleeping like the proverbial log tonight (why do we say that, anyway ? What has a log got to do with sleeping ? )

4. Patsy Faye

Registered

I've pondered that one too - I guess they just don't move unless they're disturbed, so must be sleeping

Good to hear you're swimming again - does you good :)

Yvonne Smith and Micki Pembroke like this.
  5. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Oooh I so know what you're talking about... . I drove to the hospital last week and back home again the next day... then the following day I drove 20 miles to town.. and back, (stick shift) and simply because I've been home most of the time for the last few months , and not out and about as I usually am ..my thighs OMG! :eek:

....for 2 days I could hardly get upstairs without hurting like mad..thank goodness I have 2 bannister rails to haul me up or I'd never have got up or downstairs ...sheer lack of use because I'm only 64 not 84..but simply because I've been poorly for a while and not been getting out most days walking or even driving everywhere as I usually would...they've just kinda seized and are unused to the exercise...

6. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Too early yet for a Peak or Pit. Hoping my CT scan turns out to be a Peak vs a Pit.
    Hoping I can do the Scan- claustrophobic .:(

7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

My muscles were complaining when I went to bed last night, but I woke up this morning all bouncy and bubbly, @Patsy Faye . I even did my best Hula Dancer impression when I was telling Mr. Bobby good morning, and made him chuckle.
    I am out of Hibernation Mode, and ready for spring, and back to swimming again today.
    It is not raining, so that is a definite peak for the day !

Good luck and best wishes for your CT scan today, @Gloria Mitchell ! I am claustrophobic , too, so I know what you are saying. They had to give me some kind of sedation before my scan (several years ago), and my daughter Robin laughed at me all the way home afterwards because I was so goofy.
    The one they did this time for the chemical stress test, I only had to have part of my body inside, so I could still see out, and didn’t feel so trapped and panicky as I did with the other one.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  8. Patsy Faye

Registered

Sounds bloomin' marvellous and yep those muscles have got to get back to the swing of things but they will
    And - just a reminder …………..
    [​IMG]

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  9. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Pit: Wife seems to have a stomach virus/stomach flu. Is a somewhat pale, but I'm not letting her doing anything today.
    Peak: To possibly help her feel better, I swept and mopped (with Apple Cider Vinegar in pail of water) the apartment floors, washing her bathroom rugs, washed our pillow cases and changed the bed linens. Unless she feels much better, won't be doing much, if anything, this coming weekend. She sees her PCP next Wednesday for her regular checkup. IF he has her tested for this virus epidemic thing, Medicare will pay for the testing. We won't have to pay for anything. That is, if he wants her tested.

Micki Pembroke likes this.
  10. Micki Pembroke

Micki Pembroke Veteran Member
    Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh How nice that you did those things for her, i'm sure she appreciates a big bunch. Hope she feels better soon. Have you heard of any Coronavirus creeping in to your neck of the woods.

11. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Pit: . Carrying groceries in the front door in both arms. Door wouldn't shut. Kicked it with my foot. Forgot it has glass panes down to the floor. That's what you get for getting impatient with inanimate objects.

Peak: . There is a matching door in the attic with 14 panes left that can be cannibalized. That's what you get for saving things that "might be useful one day." :)

12. Patsy Faye

Registered

So sorry to hear your wife is ill Cody - she must feel very stressed at present and resistance low
    Best wishes to you both and a speedy recovery for her

@Cody Fousnaugh

13. Patsy Faye

Registered

Nancy - was the door and your foot still intact ?

14. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

The virus problem is now here with two people confirmed tested of it. One person is in Lakewood, CO, which is some 70 mile south/southwest of us. The other person was confirmed at a hospital in Summit County where Breckenridge Ski Resort is. Him, and his friends are in quarantine there. Summit County is deep in the Rockies, west of Denver. Not close to us at all.

Gave her some chicken soup last night and she "perked" up nicely, but for only a couple of hours. Nighttime is the worst for us when dealing with sickness and/or pain. She took a otc cold/flu tablet last night before going to bed, and is sleeping as I write this. It's very nice to have clean linens on the bed, as well as clean blankets.

Just a little info here: When we first moved to Colorado, from So California, in mid 2002, the following Spring of 2003, she got a bad cold and had to stay at home for three days from work. She recovered nicely. We both knew that, in returning to Colorado, our first winter back wouldn't be very fun. It has been 11 1/2 years since we've been in a Colorado winter. But, "Old Man Winter" is just part of living here.

Micki Pembroke likes this.
  15. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Foot fine; glass pane, not so much.

Now all (14) remaining window panes will have to be washed to match a new clean one. :rolleyes: Or I could just blow some dust on the new one. :p (Picture is just to show I didn't make this up.)

upload_2020-3-6_9-54-58.png