The Pit And The Peak Of Your Day

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Holly Saunders, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

The same is happening here in Ohio. My guess is that hopefully the schools ae going to be sanitized being closed for such a long period of time.

Micki Pembroke likes this.
  2. Micki Pembroke

Micki Pembroke Veteran Member
    Registered

PIT.....At the hairdresser shop i go to, who i had used, always put up her prices after returning from a trip, she just returned again from a trip, so i'm sure she'll up her prices again, and now with a two week closure, i'm sure she'll do it again. Price increases have their place, but not because feeling poor from a trip. PEAK.....A year ago, i was somewhat ticked, tried one of the other stylists, great change, $10.00 dollars cheaper, and loved her cutting style.

Thomas Stearn likes this.
  3. Micki Pembroke

Registered

Peak.....Spring officially lands any time before midnight, tomorrow our first full day of spring.....Hurray!!!!!!!.....Pit.....woke up to a couple of inches of snow this morning, and -8 for the high, Spring got side tracked to somewhere else. :(:(:(.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Micki Pembroke

Registered

1st day of spring and snow in forecast.jpeg Pit.....First full day of spring.....woke up to -22, wind chill, 28, nice cover of snow from wednesday. Peak....i'll have to think on that one.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  5. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Poor Micki - well we all know you just can't rely on the weather, winter clothes still on stand by :cool: x
    @Micki Pembroke

6. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, it's Spring, but anyone ever heard of "Spring snow"? We got some inches of pretty wet snow yesterday that is pretty hard right now due to 19 degree temp this morning. We know what this is all about, because we've lived here before. Definitely a change of weather from Florida, but when summer hits here, we won't have to worry about hurricanes, tropical storms and humidity.

Now, for Pit: My arms were hurting me last night due to taking the heavy-wet snow off of our vehicle. We were going anywhere and I really should have left it on. Had to take some ibuprofen last night to kill the pain. THEN, our neighbor, next to our bedroom, decides at 10:30PM to do their laundry...….our bedtime. Their washer/dryer is pretty close to our bedroom wall. Going to call management this morning and find out just how late laundry can be done, without disturbing others. I'm sure it's not 10:30PM!

Peak: Putting pictures up in our apartment and getting ready to burn/copy a few music cd's for our boat. IOW, keeping busy while we have to be "homebodies" during this time.

7. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

Because you live in Canada?

Al Amoling and Micki Pembroke like this.
  8. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It got sidetracked down here to Alabama, @Micki Pembroke , and we are loving it ! ! Today, I am in cut-offs, have my hair pinned up off of my neck, and have been outside working in the yard this morning.
    I moved most of the inside flowers out on the porch again , where they spend the summer every year, and then I transplanted some of the greens that I had started a couple weeks ago, to larger containers. So far they are looking good with the move.

9. Micki Pembroke

Registered

Probably.....Canada has a lot to do with it.....Never boring, everytime you look out the window, the weather has changed....truly. :);):rolleyes:.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  10. Micki Pembroke

Registered

How envy
    Ohhhhhhhh.......How envy i am, glad you're enjoying your grand weather, our's will come sometime...... Can i invite myself to an extended long visit. I don't have Covid19. :):):).

Lois Winters and Yvonne Smith like this.
  11. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

You absolutely can, @Micki Pembroke . However, what often happens here is that we go from freezing cold, bundled up in our warmest clothes, to totally hot and muggy. No in between .
    I have to try and do my outdoors time in between when it is too cold and rainy to be outside, and when it gets too hot and humid to be out there.
    Hopefully, that happens for a little while each spring and fall; but not guaranteed. Sometimes, we just jump from one extreme to the other.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  12. Micki Pembroke

Registered

That's okay Yvonne....I'm flexible. :).

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  13. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

Today, we are enjoying real spring weather here in New Jersey. Even though we are on lockdown I can go out for a walk on the grounds. Not a soul around anyhow. Tomorrow we are looking once again, winter like weather.

14. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Pit: Had to go out this morning and scrap snow/ice off of our vehicle, so we could go to local store. I really had to pull on drivers door to open, due to ice. Let the vehicle run, defroster on, to melt the ice on the windshield. Day before yesterday, we had a fairly wet snowstorm. Perfect type of snow to build a snowman, but not us. Yesterday morning our low was 19 degrees and high of 28, so no snow melt. This morning, as I was scrapping snow, and ice underneath, it was 15 degrees, but going up to 48.

Peak (a very big Peak): Got what we needed at local Safeway, but were there at 7:30AM. They opened at 7AM. Got some hamburger, but only a few packages left. Got a pack of toilet paper, with only a few left and a sign above it reading "Only 1 Per Customer". Got a few other things and we were very happy with what we got.

15. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Great that you were able to make to the local Safeway.

Please consider this suggestion: find something to cover your windshield and wipers so as not to go through so much trouble. A couple of pieces of cardboard and plastic bags for the wipers. I read this online somewhere.