The Pit And The Peak Of Your Day

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Holly Saunders, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

I hava a post office box because my box at the street kept getting destroyed.

2. Al Amoling

Registered

I got into chat session with them this am and when I asked for a supervisor there was reluctance until Said you're not helping me at all. Then I got a supervisor and he wouldn't even answer why they didn't use the instructions. I told them USPS does not deliver to my house and he questioned why because they have a contract with USPS(which doesn't mean diddly)

Patsy Faye likes this.
  3. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

I had a similar experience yesterday - its tiring 'cos it happens too often so you have my utmost sympathy
    You just can't get the service these days :rolleyes:

@Al Amoling

Bobby Cole likes this.
  4. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I
    I lived in a town in Nevada where no one had an address. Everything was General Delivery and we all picked up our mail at the mail shack.

5. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

That had to be maddening:oops:

Patsy Faye likes this.
  6. Al Amoling

Registered

Peak for today. The package from Amazon was hand delivered today. My old postman was there when the package came in and he knew I'd never get it so he brought along when he did his route.
    I'm a real happy camper today.

7. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Pit - on way back with dog from mailbox Radar comes undone from me and the leash, causes me to fall -on the graas- soft landing. But due to no strength in arms and hands could not pull myself up. Called hubby on phone, he tries to pick me off ground, falls wont admit to hurting him self.
    A neighbors dog saw me and started barking, out comes muscled young man to help hubby. He gets from behind and under the boobs and pulls me up.
    Very embarrassing and humiliating, but greatly appreciated.
    Pit nbr 2. I sent my doctor a message about the fact that, I am losing my sense of taste, and referenced the fact I was aware this is also a side effect of. I have been house bound over 14 days. I even have record of whom I have been around. If it were not for the medicine, I Might be concerned. I just made him my primary doctor now I wonder..
    Not everything we get is from the virus. Not saying it isn't a virus, just doubtful under the circumstances.
    I am so upset that he knows little of all the side effects from the medicine he is giving me. Maybe I am making too much out of all this?
    I am sure there is a Peak here somewhere today- I just have not found it yet.

Von Jones and Beth Gallagher like this.
  8. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

My goodness, @Gloria Mitchell. What an exciting day you've had so far. Thank goodness that young man came to the rescue and I hope you and hubby are OK after the falls.

Have you checked your medication side-effects online? Sometimes WebMD or one of those sites has a complete list of terrifying possibilities. :D

9. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Yes I know all the side effects and v then some;)

Beth Gallagher and Yvonne Smith like this.
  10. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

Some of my peaks lately have been finding a good movie on Amazon Prime, getting some good emails from my friends and family and having some good exchanges on SeniorsOnly.

One of my pits for the month was going online to my medical system website to check some recent test results. The reports were incomprehensible. I then took some time there to learn more about my condition ( aftermath of a botched esophageal cancer operation ). I'd avoided knowing too much about my illness because I suspected that it would all be bad new. It was.
    My addictive habits of smoking, drinking beer and drinking hot coffee had probably led to my cancer. I'm still doing all three and am putting myself at risk of a recurrence of throat cancer or other cancer. I lie to my doctor about my addictions, in hope that he will prescribe me effective medication that would be contraindicated otherwise, especially because of my alcohol use.
    I keep stressing to my doctor that if I were prescribed anything effective for sleep, anxiety and depression that I would be able to lessen or eliminate my bad habits. He will not listen, citing the danger of addiction to the opiates which might help me. I've been through a severe oxycontin addiction withdrawal, so I know what it's all about. I try to make the point that I'm going to die with my illness intact, even if takes years, so what does it matter if I become dependent on a medication.He just doesn't care.
    The idiot even did this; he had prescribed AmbienCR for me after I'd repeatedly asked. for it.. Later I told him that the med no longer worked to help me sleep but that I did get some sedation from it and would like to continue with it. He said he would cancel it if it no longer helped me sleep and offered nothing in the way of replacement for either sleep or sedation.
    I've given up on getting proper medical treatment. Damn these doctors who do not make their decisions for the patients' welfare but instead follow the 'policies' of the organization that pays them. I'd hunt for another PCP but I know I'd run into just the same thing with any other doctor.

11. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Yesterday

Peak: . Discovered you can unplug the electric stove without moving it out from the wall---just take out the bottom drawer :cool:

Pit: .Apparently the top doesn't just lift up like most stoves. You have to take the back off, so you have to move it out from the wall anyway to get to the burners. :p

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  12. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

You could do all your cooking outside over an open fire and never have to clean your stove again. Just an idea.

Nancy Hart likes this.
  13. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Cleaning?. Under the top? . What is that? ;)

One of the burners needs to be replaced. It would be much easier if you could lift the top.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  14. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm laughing so hard I don't know if this was a pit or a peak, maybe both?

A something happened to me yesterday.

I stopped by a Save-A-Lot store on the way home from the flea market to pick up some items. I had my mask on, followed the social distancing thing while waiting to check out. It is set up similar to Aldis if you are familiar with the store. I didn't get a cart so I found a box to carry my items in, There were four people ahead of me so my mind began to wander as the line moved very slowly (one cashier working). Okay so it's my turn. As I was reaching in my back pocket to pull out money standing at the cash register I looked up at the shield and saw a sign that read 'No Cash Back'. I completely lost it. I asked my son if he had change for a $20 bill because the sign read 'No Cash Back'. I asked the cashier 'You're not giving cash back?' She looked at me like 'What?' but she didn't say anything (I am laughing right now.) My son said, 'What are you talking about? I just have my card.' So there I was standing there with cash in my hand thinking 'Well, I'm not going to give her MY MONEY and not get any change back.' (Boy, my stomach hurts.) Then I look down and see the card machine. I said, 'Oh.' low and softly. The cashier began to explain how customers always request cash back and they had to stop because it was quickly depleting their cashdraws.

I chalked it up by calling it a senior moment but naw that wasn't a senior moment that was something else, a brain fart maybe? o_O:confused::eek::oops::rolleyes::D

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
  15. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

:D most of us have had a fart like that.

Von Jones likes this.