The Pit And The Peak Of Your Day

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Holly Saunders, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Hoping that you and your family are all okay, and sending you love and hugs, and we will be praying for you, @Gloria Mitchell . Just know that whatever is happening, we are all here for you, and we all care......

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Thank you..I appreciate your care and concern. :)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Peak: Got my weekly grocery delivery today and a bonus pork roast. :D They must have put someone else's $11 roast in with my stuff; I didn't order a pork roast and wasn't charged for it. When I call, they always tell me to keep anything "extra" since they don't take fresh food back (which is a good thing.) So pulled pork in a few days.

Pit: I was exercising (not on the rebounder!!) and twisted my knee. Heard an ominous "pop" and now I'm limping around whining. It's annoying to hobble up and down the stairs but I managed to go down to the kitchen, snag my snack and get back up here. Whew. I guess I'll have to dig out the knee brace and wear it for the next few days. Dang. I'll never make it to the Olympics at this rate.

4. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Beth Gallagher and Yvonne Smith like this.
  5. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Ouch. I feel a bruise coming on. :(

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Hey Beth, sorry to read about the knee. Other than the occasional creaking a popping everyone gets now and then, when a larger pop occurs it can be as simple as a tendon or nerve bundle coming out of its track. The bicep tendon in the shoulder area is especially susceptible for that.

Be that as it may, hopefully your knee will get healthy again quickly so you can get back to doing your Tai Bo or Zoomba stuff. :)

7. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Thanks, y'all. It's pretty sore today and really lights me up when I try to bend that leg. I have had a torn ligament before, years ago. Never expected to get one again, trying to do geriatric "squats." :D I never realized how many times I roll over in the bed at night... but now I do. Putting on my shorts was the morning's excitement; try to scrub that mental image!!

So I am hobbling around like Chester Goode with my knee brace on. Hopefully this will resolve itself in a week or so. It is incredibly hard to get out of a recliner without that leg!!

8. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Apparently my brother is going downhill quite rapidly. I spoke with him briefly today and couldn't even recognize his voice. He is very weak and will have no more treatment; hospice has been called in. We will be traveling to GA in a couple of days. Thanks again to everyone for your kind thoughts.

9. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

I got a covid test today.

Pit: I thought the nurse was going to stick that swab all the way into my brain. It hurt.

Peak: the test was negative. Woo-hoo!

Hedi Mitchell and Yvonne Smith like this.
  10. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

So sorry Beth. It is a painful thing watching a loved one go. Prayers and hugs to you and family.

11. Yvonne Smith

I am so sorry for you and for your brother, @Beth Gallagher . At least you will be able to go and see him while he can still know you are there; so it is good that he is not too far away. Are you driving over, or flying ?
    In either case, have a safe trip, and saying prayers for you and your family.

12. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Thanks, Gloria.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  13. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Thank you, Yvonne. I am trying to figure out the logistics right now. We will drive because I don't want to fly in the virus mess. I dread staying in a hotel, too. My SIL has offered that we stay at their home but they have a full house already with their grown (out-of-state) children and grandkids, plus I don't want to cause any more stress on her. Heaven knows she has her hands full already.

It is hard to plan a 1000 mile trip with the objective of a visit for an hour. We will probably drive about 3/4 of the way, stop overnight to rest, then get to their house the next day and visit for a short while. We will then drive to south GA to see my sister and BIL for a couple of days, rest a bit, and then drive back home. If we had more time we'd take the RV but it's a lot of trouble so we decided not to go that route.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  14. Yvonne Smith

When Robin and i went to Washington for my GGD’s first birthday, we stayed at one of those B&B places. Since there were several of us, we had one with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, but it was much nicer than just a hotel room , and had a little kitchen and everything .
    It was in the basement of a large older home that had been turned into a B&B rental, and the price was comparative to a hotel.

1011CC66-D23F-466D-A069-072AB2B2D17C.jpeg

15. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Pit: Really thought the wildfire smoke smell wasn't going to get us today, but, at 10AM, it was outside. Wasn't heavy, but it was there. I wore one of our masks to take our outgoing mail to the mailbox area and the mask did help to keep me from breathing too much of the smoke, but not completely. So, if we take our boat out on Thursday, all we can hope for is no smoke or else will have to wear our masks.

Peak: For the first time, using Walmart app for grocery order/pickup. So far, so good. Seems like each time we've gone inside of Walmart, we've gotten diarrhea later. This time we won't go inside and see how it goes.