The Pit And The Peak Of Your Day

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Holly Saunders, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Beth Gallagher ..I do not know what it was or where it came from..but misery it was.

2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Sorry you had to go through that, Gloria.

3. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Couple of days ago went to turn on the coffee maker and nothing happened. Hum, seems the knob button was more flexible that it should be.
    Just bought this Mr Coffee back in Nov. of 2020, after my short lived Hamilton Beach leaked one too many times. I was not happy.
    For years we used a Bunn, which we really liked, it went out bought another and the switch on it went out after a year or two.
    Long story shorted, I could not decide what to buy, so bought another Bunn and hope for the best. The Pits when the coffee maker is not working.
    My other Pit which has been on going , is our neighbors upstairs. Finally called the non ER police number the other night as the noise was too much.
    The manger is aware of the problem, and i am not sure she is really helping all that much. Told her it was dumb to rent upstairs a apartment to a couple with two large dogs .
    Supposedly they have agreed to move to a down stairs apt. but of course there are none now because of the water damage here. Manager says she will not renew their
    lease but that does not run out until August or later. Never had these problems here before, and has always been so quite here- spoiled I guess.
    I could list other Pits .Peak of the week I am alive well compared to this time last year!!:D

Don Alaska and Beth Gallagher like this.
  4. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Sorry about the coffeemaker, @Gloria Mitchell . Seems like nothing is built to last anymore. I bought a new Bunn a few months ago and really like it, but I never use the switch. I just turn it on and it stays on all the time unless we are going to be away for several days.

Ugh, it must be frustrating to have noisy neighbors upstairs. I hope they can get that sorted out for you.

Peak of my day: shiny new garbage disposal is installed and works great. I got the undersink cabinet cleaned out and new shelf paper put down. I ordered a 2-tier wire rack from Amazon that will be here tomorrow so I can get things better organized in that cabinet.

Pit: none yet and I'm not complaining. :D

Hedi Mitchell and Don Alaska like this.
  5. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Well, today was certainly a big PIT. My niece just called to tell me that my nephew died today of an apparent heart attack. He was a farmer and was driving around one of his farms, apparently died in the truck and it coasted into some trees. No damage to the truck so not a "collision." They just found him and the coroner is on his way. My sister is beside herself and I'm not able to go to be there with her; they live in south Georgia. :(

6. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

So sad, @Beth Gallagher. Sorry to hear you have yet more sadness in your life. Where did he live in South Georgia?

7. Beth Gallagher

Registered

He owned several farms in the Tifton area, Don. He had a weak heart and we all knew he was on borrowed time since he had refused to go on a transplant list. Still a shock, though.

Don Alaska likes this.
  8. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

Remember the proverb---"the best-laid plans of mice and men oft go astray."

9. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Beth, I am so sorry to hear of your nephew passing, you already had a full plate, be strong. To me he's someone to be admired because he went about his business knowing he had serious medical issues. Prayers to you and your family.

Beth Gallagher and Yvonne Smith like this.
  10. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Thank you so much, Tony. He was a very good person. It is a sad day for my family, especially my sister and brother-in-law.

Hedi Mitchell and Don Alaska like this.
  11. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

:( so sory for your loss.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  12. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Yesterday was a great day for me. I was motivated to get out and about .
    I got myself gussied up some and went driving around town. Boy howdy I ran into an entire area here that never knew existed. I was in awe of the shops and apartments and the way they were built around all the shops. Walking distance from the apartments. However a bit to rich and young for our blood.
    Then late last night my daughter let us know her boyfreind had proposed and she said yes. Very happy for them both.
    So was a really enjoyable day.
    No Pits.

13. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Sounds like a great day, Gloria. And how wonderful for your daughter!

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  14. Lon Tanner

Registered

Temperature is 80 F and perfect for getting out of my apartment and sitting in the courtyard before going to lunch. plesant sitting.jpg

15. Lon Tanner

Registered

When weather is nasty this is where I will sit before lunch. sitting.jpg