The Pit And The Peak Of Your Day

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Holly Saunders, Oct 26, 2017.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Pit: I got out to finish cutting my acreage and gave out with about 25% of it left.
    Peak: My neighbors (2 brothers) drove their zero turns over and finished it up.

I am so lucky.

2. Leslie Carter

Leslie Carter Member
    Registered

pit: just had a headache when i woke up from a nap
    peak: a 2hrs head massage

it was really good.

Tony Page likes this.
  3. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Pit
    Starting to get the jitters waiting for my wife to get out from her 6-month cancer treatment exam she's been in there since before 12:00 now it's almost 10min to 2:00.
    I'm hoping everything is okay, she doesn't need another negative thing in her life right now.
    Peak
    Just got home everything is good

Last edited: May 8, 2023
  4. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

The Peak today is when my one year old grandson reached his arms out to me for the first time without crying. Priceless.

5. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Pit
    Around the beginning of April it started with a slight sore throat which got worse then developed into a heavy cough like I've never had before a lot of congestion. I tried containing it with over the counter decongestants it just blew them away were they where useless. On April 14th went to the Doctor he prescribed an antibiotic and a steroid. He took x-rays did the covid test all negative. I completed my medicine on April 24. I felt good until the second week in May where it started again with a sore throat which led to heavy congestion and a terrible cough. If I got up from a chair or rolled over in bed it would initiate a coughing spasm. My oxy levels were around 85. My wife pushed that I go to the doctor I felt so week I just wanted to go in the corner curl up and die.
    Yesterday May 15th the Doctor prescribed a stronger Antibiotic (amox-clay 500-125mg) and steroid (methylprednisolone 4mg). When I got home from the doctors I was now developing a fever 101.8, my wife gave me some Tylenol which brought it down to about 100.2.
    Today May 16th feeling a little better, my wife says my voice is a lot stronger, fever is gone. Hopefully when I finish the medication it will also finish whatever it is I have.
    Peak
    It's a beautiful day here today

Last edited: May 16, 2023
  6. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Tony Page - dang not sounding good there for a bit. Glad your better. If that keeps happening you may need further checking out.

7. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

I will thanks

8. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Hope you're on the road to recovery, @Tony Page .

9. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Me to, I don't want to cough anymore.

10. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I pray this greetings finds you doing much better Tony.

Mary Stetler and Faye Fox like this.
  11. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Thank you with the new medications I seem to be coming back to my old self.

12. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Pit - I am not in a good mood. After my shower was going to clean my ears. With a Q tip, like I have done for decades.
    My left ear gets a tad dirty and it is also my very deaf side. It also itches just on the inside -enough for me to put a tiny tab of lotion on the end. Just as I drew drew Qtip away from ear, noticed the entire tip was gone:eek:
    I looked 3 times everywhere in bathroom for the end of Qtip. Short version - had niece, come over and with extra lighting had her look. She could see nothing in either ear. Anyways she is in need of a special tool for ears (nurse training) so she will buy one day and later at her house after supper she will try again to see if she sees anything. Ear does not feel stopped up, or other symptoms. She even checked in bathroom herself. Sigh, this has thrown my whole day off, plus getting up to early again, getting on the scales and having a near hear attack.
    Few other minor inconveniences, are throwing me off balance today. Dammit the last two have been great. nothing last's forever. :(
    Sorry I have no real Peak today, other than I do not have to cook tonight.:rolleyes:

Tony Page, Mary Stetler and Faye Fox like this.
  13. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Pit: Boats are expensive to upkeep/repair, but so are houses, vehicles, motorhomes and going on a nice vacation. IOW, entertainment and other things are expensive today.

Peak: With a new carburetor, spark plug wires, ignition parts...........this boat will be ready for Lake Mead and/or Lake Havasu!

Tony Page and Mary Stetler like this.
  14. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Pit: Big wind storm messed up my freshly manicured lawn and flower beds.

Peak: It didn't damage anything and my patio garden took it like it was just a breeze.

Tony Page and Beth Gallagher like this.
  15. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Supreme Member
    Registered

Spans 2 days

PIT: Banged left knee trying to chase wren out of screened porch. Dragging one leg the rest of the day like a Boris Karloff movie. Stairs were a riot.

PEAK: Next morning it was gone.

Bracing for another long recovery. Dodged a bullet.