The Pit And The Peak Of Your Day

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Holly Saunders, Oct 26, 2017.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I think the Six Foot rule was a vestige of something that was made up for a prior flu (I forget which one.) To the extent it is airborne (meaning they don't really know how far it travels), it can still land on your hands and get transferred to your nose or eyes, so hand washing is always a good idea to reduce risk. I do know that the virus does not live on surfaces for as long as they initially said, but I don't know what that length of time is. I did a quick search but cannot separate $hit from shinola on this subject.

I will admit that I'm not real good about washing my hands. I've always consciously chosen to exercise my immune system...that's probably an unnecessary risk, but that's how I am. That being said, I will use the nasal spray and mouthwash when I think of it, and that's usually when there's locally a spike of cases I see on the news or read about on the web. Otherwise I'm more concerned about what the government or other people will do to me than I am the virus (as you said, there's always something out to get us.) At least I can see the humans coming...the virus is a whole nuther thing.

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Pit: Went to local DMV yesterday for new Nevada DL's and new Nevada registration, tag, license plate for the 2021 Dodge Durango GT. Had appointments, but that didn't really work out. Stood in long line, but went fairly fast, for each of us to get a Service Number. All in all, spent 2 1/2 hours at DMV, but got everything done. Since leaving So California in 2002, have never spent that much time at a DMV!

Also, had never seen Security Guards at a DMV that were armed. That sort of made us wonder.

Peak: Was sort of shocked to find out that Nevada has a specialized license plate for rodeo! Very colorful, has a cowboy on a horse in the lower left and at bottom "The Rodeo State". Since we've been here in Henderson, have only saw this plate once, but now there will be two vehicles with it on. Would've never thought of Nevada as "The Rodeo State", but Reno has a $800,000 purse 8-day rodeo in the Spring and, of course, the NFR (National Finals Rodeo) in Vegas every December. That one is a $14,000,000 purse 10-day rodeo.

3. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Pit: Nothing yet, but today (Thursday) has just started. LOL

Peak: Last night went to Mexican Restaurant near us. I was wearing western attire, including black felt hat, and we were watching a preview of the upcoming National Finals Rodeo that starts next Thursday in Vegas. We were watching this on my wife's iPhone Cowboy Channel App. A guy, and his wife and step-daughter were sitting in the booth next to us and he must have heard part of the preview. Didn't know the sound was that loud, but. He started talking to us and come to find out he is a former Bull Rider with PRCA (years ago). He knew Stock Contractors that we knew and some old contestants we knew. He had lived in Norco, CA for awhile and even knew an old roper that I knew there and when to his Roping School. The biggest difference between him and us, he has fully given up on rodeo and western attire. But, it was very cool to talk to him.

4. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh -- should we ever picture you in anything else? just funning you :D
    Quote :
    I was wearing western attire, including black felt hat....

5. Andrea Lindsey

Andrea Lindsey Well-Known Member
    Registered

Thanks for the reminder. I do a lot of cleaning and consider vacuuming my daily workout, but I forget the little details like light switches and the computer mouse which are probably the most important part of cleaning these days. The dog hair on the carpet probably wont actually kill us!

Hedi Mitchell and Tony Page like this.
  6. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, how about cargo shorts, short-sleeve shirt and walking shoes when on our boat in the summer?
    Or, even more interesting, how about me in my fully-lighted Darth Vader Halloween costume?

Faye Fox and Yvonne Smith like this.
  7. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Pit: Comcast is doing some "system maintenance," so our cable, internet, etc. keeps going off. Guess I'll have to do some house cleaning or something today. :confused:

8. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

my point was.. why is it necessary to remind us all again about what you were wearing, to a western event. :)

Faye Fox likes this.
  9. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

@Hedi Mitchell Because we are old and forgetful or might not have been paying attention the first 100 times. :)

Krystal Shay and Beth Gallagher like this.
  10. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Maybe he is, nothing wrong with me memory;)

11. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

PIT: Very cold yesterday going out for my walk. I was bundled up like an artic explorer. My special ski fleece lined tights hadn't arrived yet that will make the bulky regular tights and sweat pants combo unnecessary.

Peak: It is warmer today and the new ski tight are out for delivery. The down pressure overcast is gone and the sun should shine, which no doubt will help my attitude which has been less than exemplary lately.

12. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

Pit: So far, an overwhelming Saddness of the Loss of my country that I grew up and now it's gone, so much of it to robots, all the digital CWAP and I just read a report about a great major store in our town REI, closing. They cannot compete with amazon.. I surely do not support amazon.

Peak: So far, waking up and now eating a delish bowl of veggie and chicken soup.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  13. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

@Joy Martin - focus on you and your ability to be able to reason, get mad or be happy.Enjoy the small pleasures of your life - rest of the world and its ever growing issues to - F#$K Off - :D

Krystal Shay likes this.
  14. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Pit: Still have this damn headache. :(

Peak: Just staying in bed today.

Von Jones likes this.
  15. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

Thanks I've been focusing for a Long Time, I can still be pissed about life today....

Hedi Mitchell likes this.