The Pit And The Peak Of Your Day

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Holly Saunders, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Pit- up early 4 am, Mark woke me up moving around. We left early to go to store in Dodge for monthly grocery shopping.
    In minutes of arriving at 9:15 every human in Dodge hit the Walmart store to shop also. We thought we were going to miss all that. I am running off of caffeine and sugar, losing my mind as I have too many people in my way. :(
    Every nook and corner. Plus sneezing and coughing people- i run in other direction. Mark is on other end trying to get his end of grocery done. I just wanna get the heck outta Dodge.. lolo
    Plus our rotisserie chicken we eat on the way home NONE were out at all. :(
    Peak- we made it home :)

2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Peak: We got a break in our weather (rained all day yesterday and was in the 50s today), so I took a walk through the woods and down the hill the to my creek. It is so peaceful down there.

Pit: I took some of my panning stuff with me and still haven't found any gold (or arrowheads.) I always find pretty stones, though. Running water is nature's tumbler.

3. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

Pit: I spent six hours at the clinic yesterday. It was the day of my first injection in the clinical trial I'm participating in. Lots of testing.

They took 17, yes 17, vials of blood from me. There will be more blood draws on Friday and next week. Then I will start injecting myself once a week and only going for draws once a month.

Peak: No adverse reactions from the injection so far, thank goodness.

4. John Brunner

If I may ask...is this a different trial for a liver drug? I think you mentioned something about this in passing before. And that's a lot of blood!!!!

Jan Ahlmann and Tony Page like this.
  5. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

This is my second trial. I completed another one last year but either I got the placebo on that one or it didn't work on me.

I'm hoping that I have better luck this time. That's the snag with double-blind trials....only the pharmaceutical company knows what you're getting. The researcher doesn't.

You might be wasting a year that you can't afford to waste. However, at present there's no drug of the sort on the market; several companies are racing to get theirs out there so they can charge you $2000 a month for it, which of course your insurance doesn't want to pay.Some companies will give trial participants the drug for free after it goes on the market, some won't.

There were less than 200 participants in my last trial (in three contries); there are 150 in this trial, all in the U.S., I believe. I'm the only one for this area.

I can get kicked out at any time for adverse reactions or if I don't follow the protocol. I can leave at any time, also.

I have better odds this time. The last test was 50/50; this one is 67/33 in favor of the drug.

Time will tell. I also see a hepatologist on my own. He's gone over the info and has given his blessing for the trial.

Wish me luck.

6. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Good luck, @Mary Robi . I hope you get an excellent result from the trial.

7. John Brunner

@Mary Robi Hoping this trial helps. That's a pretty small study size, especially the first one considering it's global.

8. John Brunner

[yesterday]

Peak: Went to a meeting of a lobbying group in preparation of our state government's Open House on MLK Day before the legislature convenes for the year. This is when various groups show up and talk to the critters about what we want (and don't want) done. Voter turnout was low this cycle, and the result was less than stellar.

Pit: The meeting was an hour away. I shoved some logs into my wood stove before I left, but the embers were too low to get things going. When I got home, the house was 63°F. We often go out for dinner after the meetings, but last night we did not. Thank goodness I was not gone longer than I was, or it would have been real chilly.

9. Jan Ahlmann

Jan Ahlmann Well-Known Member
    Registered

It’s only 5am, it the peak for today will be the days start getting longer again. The pit, whatever it is, will hopefully not be worse than the attack of the schizophrenic yesterday.

10. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I know it is painful among other feelings - but you can not let something you can not change affect your ;)day.

11. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Pit
    The mobile homes were removed from the front and side of my house Yesterday. When they put the mobile homes in, they had to remove my front fence which went across the driveway, they said they would put it back when they took the mobile homes out, they did not. We had to put a make shift fence across the driveway so our dogs couldn't escape.
    All the utility lines (water - waste - electric) to the trails went through a basement window on the side of the house, They left without replacing the window or covering
    It, there is a large hole where the windows used to be, on one of the coldest nights of this season. My daughter covered it with a plastic Bag, today I'll have to a better temporary fix, until my contractor can put a window in.
    There are deep gouges on the front lawn Where the cement blocks were That the trailer rested on. We were told that they would fill it in and level up the ground When the trailers are removed, they did not.

Peak
    The mobile homes are off my property, We can actually see my neighbors across the street.
    We are extremely busy between the holidays and going through cartons of stuff from the mobile homes that we've accumulated over the last year. It feels good to be organizing our refurbish home.
    Not sure how often I could check into SOC, So I wanna wish everyone a very
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

upload_2023-12-22_7-39-10.png

12. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Must have been a great relief to see those temporary homes drive off into the sunset. Congrats, Tony. And I wish a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to your family as well.

13. Andrea Lindsey

Andrea Lindsey Well-Known Member
    Registered

Peak
    It's Christmas Eve and all shopping, decorating and baking is done for this year, just a little last minute cooking left to do.
    As my family has dwindled so much, there isn't the big overwhelming amount of holiday prep to do anymore.

Pit
    My family has dwindled so much.

14. John Brunner

Peak
    My neighbor's just dropped off some food for me:
    -Fried chicken
    -Ham
    -Mashed potatoes
    -Slaw
    -Broccoli
    -Other stuff
    -Desserts

Pit
    I'm a little piggy, short and stout
    Here are my handles, here is my snout

15. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Pit: Just outside talking to neighbors; apparently the "Driveway Creep" broke into several vehicles on our block last night. (Video in my Diary thread) He didn't break into ours because the motion detector floodlights came on.

Peak: Everyone is locked and loaded. :D