The Pit And The Peak Of Your Day

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Holly Saunders, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Pit: Almost didn't get a delivery from Walmart due to entrance/exit gates to complex being closed. We have never got a delivery at 7:30PM. The gates close at 6PM. He, or she, sent me an IM stating "if you want your delivery done, please supply the code to get into the gate" and I returned the IM by telling the person "we've never had a delivery done at 7:30PM".
    We don't even have a number code to open the gate, but do have a plastic "entrance" card to pass by a sensor that opens the gate. Nobody has ever come to apartment after 6PM, when the gate starts closing/locking.

Peak: Somehow the delivery guy got in and our package was at our front door.

John Brunner likes this.
  2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Are you not concerned that the delivery guy made it past the security that you are paying for and that inconveniences you?

3. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Have no idea how he got thru the gate, unless a resident was behind him and he followed that resident in. Actually, the time of delivery, 7:30PM, is what bothered me. Walmart has never delivered anything to us that late.

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Pit: Found out that Post Malone will be doing a concert at a major rodeo again. He done one in Cheyenne, Wyoming during a 10-day rodeo there and many older rodeo fans complained about his looks and music. Then, on Facebook, I done a posting, in a rodeo group I was in, complained about him doing the concert and boy did I get bashed! Looks like a lot of young rodeo fans love Jelly Roll and Post Malone. I sure didn't know that.

Peak: I deleted my posting and am thinking about leaving the group.

John Brunner likes this.
  5. Jacob Petersheim

Jacob Petersheim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Pit: A waiting game of staring into the abyss of the future.

Peak: The day ain't over yet.

6. John Brunner

Lots of organizations try to draw in new participants from different groups by doing stuff like that, and in doing so, they lose a chunk of their reliable core base. They don't understand that the new participants are not going to be long-term fans like the core base is, and that the core base won't return because it's now all about the money...the purity of the event has been sold for a few bucks.

I wouldn't worry about getting grief on that Facebook group. I bet lots of people agree with you, and the mob is jumping down your throat merely to virtue-signal. I run into the same thing on the Next Door forum. It's our duty to remind them what "diversity" is all about. And I agree with you. Rap has no place at a friggin' rodeo, any more than they should play polka music at NBA games.

7. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

My biggest worry would be, what these new participants will look like. Post Malone got tattoos all over his face, and in an interview, said "I got them just to piss my mother off because she doesn't like tattoos." Jelly Roll, an artist like Post Malone, is very much liked by the young country-music fans. He actually got Best New Artist Award from the CMA. Couldn't believe that, but, as usual, "it is what it is".

There are quite a few old/older rodeo fans that always have a problem with the music that is played at a rodeo. They want to hear George Strait, Garth Brooks or others from years ago. Not Aerosmith, Joan Jett, Foghat, however, that music doesn't bother wife and I.

John Brunner likes this.
  8. John Brunner

They're gonna draw The Rap Crowd, and hope it exceeds the number of The Rodeo Crowd that it chases away. There's lots of money to be made in "entertainment" by being the modern version of a circus sideshow freak. It's like a car accident...you just can't look away.

9. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

We've seen some already when the Cowboy Channel pans thru the stands. Not a thing can be done about it, because they paid to get into a rodeo also. So, have to somehow accept it or not watch rodeo anymore. Not watching anymore sure isn't going to happen!

John Brunner likes this.
  10. John Brunner

The NFL makes most (nearly all?) of its money on marketing: commercials for televised games and the team merchandise they sell. Very little is made from those in the stadiums. I would guess that without public funding, the game venues are losing propositions.

11. Jacob Petersheim

Jacob Petersheim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I always assumed the real money was made from the gambling industry which is also run by organized crime.

John Brunner likes this.
  12. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Pit: Went to local Walmart last night. Funny, but laundry detergent is behind lock n' key. One lady was really getting frustrated because she felt like an employee was taking entirely too long to get to the aisle. Have never seen laundry detergent locked up before! Then again, some of their cosmetics are locked up as well. We were finally able to get a bottle of All Free n Clear. Guess this Walmart isn't in the best of areas, then again, is your Walmart like this?

Another Pit: There a notice on the front door to this Walmart that states, Service Dogs Only. Which would mean a Service Dog Vest on the dog. Seen some older lady walk right in with her pooch in a cart. Mentioned this to the Walmart employee at the door and he said "We can't do a thing about it. Actually, we seen people bring snakes and ferrets into the store and can't say a thing to them."

Peak: Don't know how many, but this Walmart has now replaced half of the Self-Checkouts with Cashier Checkouts. I read it was due to thefts.

Von Jones and Yvonne Smith like this.
  13. Caitlin D Burnside

Caitlin D Burnside Well-Known Member
    Registered

Example...

PEAK: Yesterday, last day of February 2024, I was happy it was finally the last day of that dreaded month, as I've suffered loads of loss and incidents, attacks and more. So, I was really looking forward to the end of the day, passing peacefully.

PIT: Had a meeting to attend after receiving lovely invitation with promised presentation and discussions. However, I should have heeded the pitiful weather.

It was pouring rain when we headed to the meeting. Got soaked... First people who showed up were nice. Then, it all crashed out... Long story short, the presentation was cancelled and just sat there out if the way of the group. When my time came to speak, I was interrupted by the next person.

Around 9pm, daughter was feeling down, so we excused ourselves as wanting dinner for ourselves and feeding our cat. Strangely enough, the rain suddenly stopped when we came out. One mention on way out was rude. Nope, not going back, bad crowd too full of themselves...

14. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Nightfall is the pit, sunrise is the peak.Of course sometimes nights are ok ,but usually I like the morning's best.

15. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I love mornings too!:)