The Pit And The Peak Of Your Day

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Holly Saunders, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Pit: have PT this morning and have to leave in a few minutes...Ive come to hate it...it's soooo boring.

Sheldon Scott and Holly Saunders like this.
  2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

It's funny to hear you say morning when we're just starting to get dark now at 5pm... Good luck with the PT...

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Thanks and Lol @Holly Saunders.

Then you'll maybe understand my whacky replies because I'm usually posting on here trying to wake up, drinking my coffee....today it was 3:30 am when I woke up. :)

Sometimes I envy you guys because your day is ending and mine has just begun.

I'm back from PT and the Peak is that I only have 3 more covered by insurance.

Ive reached a point there already when it's pointless.

Sheldon Scott and Holly Saunders like this.
  4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I spent this morning with my daughter and the kids and they are all okay. We even played with the kids in the back yard a short while ago so I know my daughter is alright just by that. Young kids like my grandkids are okay as long as long as Mom and Dad are.

She downloaded an App for her neighborhood and there was a lot of posts. It seems there is a old man and his grown son who live in the home that was supposed to have been robbed. According to the neighborhood posts this dad and his son often "get in trouble" and the cops are called alot on them. It could have been a drug deal gone wrong, etc. One man was caught and the police have search warrants for the others. I'm sure they are long gone now. And unless they charge the man and his son with something I'm sure we won't know what really happened.

My daughter's gun was in a corner of the kitchen counter this morning...I took it and put it away and reminded her to never leave a gun where her kids could get it. She said it is not loaded but I explained to her that even if not loaded a gun should never be left anywhere where kids can find it and think it's a toy, etc. I know she didn't do that on purpose...she was probably just to shook up to put it away in the lock box after her husband got home and got his out to check the back yard, etc. but I felt I had to remind her how dangerous leaving a gun, even an unloaded one out..is. :(

Holly Saunders likes this.
  5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks @Gloria Mitchell. They live in a really nice neighborhood...but unfortunately no place is really safe now days. :(

Holly Saunders and Chrissy Cross like this.
  6. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Sitting at hospital waiting to have breathing tests done. First 2 weeks of this month is me taking some sort of tests.No food coffee until finished...rats ! :)

7. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Good luck! Tests and results scare the heck out of me. Alone they do anyway, need someone to hold my hand. :(

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  8. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Well am done for today. I am pretty sure I did not do well. One had to take a couple of them over...still was not much progress. Plus the med asst. was all happy go lucky...until later on..and well just think things did not great:(

9. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

@Gloria Mitchell - don't go thinking that way Gloria, maybe she's just changeable
    Wait and see :)

Hedi Mitchell and Chrissy Cross like this.
  10. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Regardless of whether the tests went good or bad, it is definitely good that they are finding out what is the problem that is causing you to have the breathing issues, and then they can help you get better again.
    Prayers for good results, and good answers for your health, @Gloria Mitchell !

11. Holly Saunders

Registered

Well I hope you did better than you think.

I've got lung tests tomorrow at the surgery ...not looking forward to that either... but I need them done so they can move forward with the correct treatment... also got an appointment with the respiratory consultant next week too...

12. Tim Burr

Tim Burr Veteran Member
    Registered

Pit: So Friday at work, I made a comment about the job one of our guys did on an install.
    My words were, " Not Bad"...

His reaction was one of dismay, as he had done a bang up job.
    Another person told him that, for me, that was a high compliment.

I must learn to control that urge to quote from movies.

The scene is from the movie 'King Rat' set in a POW camp in Singapore during WWII.
    A British officer is given an egg ( which is a rare treat in the camp ) by an American soldier and this is his response:

Holly Saunders likes this.
  13. Holly Saunders

Registered

LOL @Tim....that's not true in the movie... when we say it's not bad...that's exactly what we mean...:D

14. Holly Saunders

Registered

Pit none really... apart from the usual pain...

peak...from friday.... tests showed no blockages in my lungs...they tested for COPD, and found none...which is fantastic... but they do think I may have asthma so I have to wait until the 26th of the month for that to be confirmed , but I have my inhalers anyway which they gave me a month ago because of the breathing problems I was left with, after a hacking cough I had for 5 weeks during November and December and the fact that I can't get rid of the mucus on my chest... so I'm to continue to take those until I see the doctor..and they may be changed , as one has steroid in it, so without evidence of any kind of COPD..there's no need for steroid..

15. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Peak: "It's a perfect "Spring" day today. Loving the sunshine and the warmth. :)

Hedi Mitchell and Chrissy Cross like this.