The Pit And The Peak Of Your Day

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Holly Saunders, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

2. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

Can you give us an update, Yvonne? How the heck are you?

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Here is the update, and it is a good one, @Lulu Moppet , for the most part. They finished the IV heart meds last night, my heart is back in sinus rhythm again, and my doctor let me come home last night. I happily took a hot shower, and went right to bed/sleep, and just now waking up .
    He has put me on a large dose of amioderone, which is bad for almost all of my organs (liver, kidneys, thyroid, etc), but it is powerful enough to keep the heart out of fibrillation and tachycardia, and as my heart recovers again, he will begin decreasing the dosage until I am back on maintainence like I have been up until now.
    One of the side effects is being tired and dizzy, so I may not be able to exercise as much as I have been, but I certainly intend to try hard, and do as much as I can.

My daughter is coming over today, she asked for the day off work so she can help me out, and she is going to take me to pick up my new prescriptions, and anything that needs driving.
    We are going to spend the day together, and have planned to look through all of the information we have been getting on the “ancestry hunt”, since we have results from Ancestry.com, 23andMe , and Helix, and can try and find relatives and ancestors.
    Some show up in one report and some in a different one, and they are far enough removed that I don’t know which side of my family they come from.
    Anyway, that will be a fun project for this rainy day !

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  4. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Glad you're home Yvonne, say well, and enjoy your day with Robin...and for goodness sake don't tire yourself out!!

5. Lulu Moppet

Registered

Having such a wonderful day with your daughter is surely one of the best ways to heal. Enjoy!

6. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

7. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

So glad to hear the good news that you are home again and feeling much better @Yvonne Smith. :)

8. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Yesterday I became a GG for the 11th time., that was the Peak... the Pit, my daughters 'other half' wrecked the company truck as in totaled.
    He will probably be fired-and because the company pays for their living place(signed lease on new house the other day) will lose that and his insurance...well anyways it is a big mess for them. I think it may be a blessing, but I cant fix this, so will wait and see what happens.
    That is about it-for now:)

9. Lulu Moppet

Registered

Very sorry Gloria; but CONGRATS ON NEW BABY!

Bobby Cole and Chrissy Cross like this.
  10. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Try not to worry too much @Gloria Mitchell , he may not be sacked, so they may not become homeless. Hopefully the company will realise he's just got a new baby, and give him another chance and he needs his home ... ( of course I don't know why or how he smashed up the truck)......anyway Congrats on the new 11th grandchild... lovely just before Christmas too.....

11. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Holly Saunders ...no they are not the ones with new baby. I feel the company is part to blame...they work him way too long 12-18 hours everyday ...not a once in awhile thing. Personally, I am fine with it, other than they will be lost as to where to turn. Like I told my daughter...may be a blessing in disguise.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
  12. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We just never know what will turn out to be a blessing in disguise, and hopefully, this will be one of those times for your daughter and her family.
    If it was through overwork and negligence on the part of the company, then maybe they will realize that they need to make some changes. Since they are providing a home for your daughter along with the job that you SIL has, that would seem like they really value him as an employee, most places (except for some farm labor) do not provide a home for their workers.
    Sending up prayers for things to work out in the best way possible, and congratulations on the new great grand baby, also, @Gloria Mitchell !

13. Betty Jones

Betty Jones Veteran Member
    Registered

14. Betty Jones

Betty Jones Veteran Member
    Registered

try a little vicks side your nostrils --it always work for me

Holly Saunders likes this.
  15. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

"My Pit - Not being able to sleep well due to sinusitis... (if anyone know what's the best meds for sinusitis I'd be grateful to know"

I had sinusitis once and had to be treated with antibotics because OTC meds didn't work.

Holly Saunders and Bobby Cole like this.