The Pit And The Peak Of Your Day

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Holly Saunders, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I, too, have a massage chair, and it certainly helps "untangle" the muscles when they cramp. When things are bad, one session in the chair usually makes me fall asleep. As I said before though, nothing really beats a deep-tissue massage from a qualified therapist, but good ones are difficult to find. My wife uses heat and is happy with that. It gets her through her days, but my problem is different and more severe.

Holly Saunders and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Tim Burr

Tim Burr Veteran Member
    Registered

Continuing our quest for old movies on the 'big screen' , we secured tickets to the TCM
    showing of ' Wizard of Oz' at one of our local theaters.

I know I'll be thinking of my mom during the showing, as she just loved this movie.

Others we have on our 'must' list:

To Kill a Mockingbird March
    Ben-Hur April
    Lawrence of Arabia September

Holly Saunders and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Yesterday was a Big Pit...
    My daughter drove five hours to come see us- a visit much needed.
    She had a meeting at 2 pm, and was leaving about 1pm to get there. No car, gone. Not stolen but towed away!
    Had been towed at 8 am that morning.
    Towed because she was supposedly not parked in the Vistors parking area.Lolo um did not know we had a Vistors are except way up at front of complex.
    The area is not clearly marked. Mine you have lived here seven years..no problem ever with this.Called tow place...$298!
    Was given address. Called again before leaving for 45 mintue drive to pick up car.
    Asked are you sure car is there because you have two addresses in different directions? Yes. Get there- no car, wrong place. Not happy. Hubby drove us back to the other location .They did knock off $50 because of error. It was about 4:30 by the time we got back home. That was all the money just about my daughter had- as she was saving it to have two teeth pulled Wed. No insurance. So guess who will help with that one? Smh...very unhappy and will be speaking to manager this morning. Have cooled off and know complex wont help her...but I am insisting there be some changes made. The only good thing...this happened on Sunday vs Monday and rush hour traffic.:)

4. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Bloomin 'eck Gloria - I was already in a mood
    Its gonna be 'one of those weeks' I think :rolleyes:
    :) @Gloria Mitchell

5. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

You’re much more patient than I am Gloria.
    There would have been trouble in River City and the manager of the apartments would have had to provide me in the form of a documented statement in either the lease or in a letter that was sent to me personally and it would have been done within 5 minutes after the car was towed.

Some towing companies make deals with restaurants, stores and apartment complexes whereby they will have spotters awaiting some transgression and then notify the tow company.
    Especially guilty are some small fast food places that have 10 -30 minute parking signs posted. A paid spotter will sit and wait for someone to go a second over the limit and make the call. The establishments who make those deals make a split with the towing companies and come out making a ton of money.
    All it takes is for the food to come out a little slow and the place makes more from the tow company than it would have made selling the food.

Here’s some stuff I ran into on YouTube the other day.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  6. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes I'm afraid I'm with Bobby here, Gloria... there would be hell to pay if it had happened to me and mine.. my husband will attest to that, he's the quieter one, I'm definitely feisty... I'm not a full blooded Celt for nothing!!

However in all seriousness, I'm annoyed for you that you've had this happen and are now out of pocket, through no fault of your own, I hope you get this resolved PDQ...

7. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Gloria Mitchell
    Terrible experience. Shameful example of the times. Good luck with it!
    Frank

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  8. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Spoke with manager. She Said she would see about making the changes I suggested. I told I was not going to give on this and to keep me updated. If no changes in 30 days am going to the city I guess and see what I can get changed.
    Of course no reimburstment or even an offer for that. Sje claims only four cars have been towed since this began...yet the girl at tow office showed me...from a distance 50 in the last month!

9. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The management company for the apartment complex is undoubtedly making a dime or two.
    Good luck though and I do hope someone thinks about some form of reimbursement.

Don Alaska and Frank Sanoica like this.
  10. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

This is just not my week. One of my two BF ...has a mass in lung...biopsy tomorrow.
    I feel a bit nauseated. ....I will check back with you all later on. :(

11. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Gloria Mitchell
    Most sorry to hear this. Hang in there, always a chance of a mass being non-malignant.
    Frank

12. Holly Saunders

Registered

So sorry to hear about your friend , hopefully this biopsy will reveal nothing sinister...

Bobby Cole likes this.
  13. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Bobby Cole likes this.
  14. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Any news about the towing situation, @Gloria Mitchell ? I totally agree that they should make all tenants aware of whatever their policy is about visitor vehicles, so that costly mistakes like this do not happen . I can see that people who live there would not want to come home and find a car parked where they usually park their vehicle, and the apartment complex had no way to know where the unknown car came from, or who to talk to about moving it.
    When Robin lived in an apartment, and we were visiting her, we had to park in the designated area for visitors, but at least Robin knew where that was and that we were supposed to park there, so this stopped the whole need for having any vehicles towed away.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  15. Holly Saunders

Registered

Pit of the day...

Out shopping... torrential rain and hailstones like I can't remember seeing here for decades... no more than 10 steps to my car from the store entrance..and in that time I got soaked through my coat , right through my blouse, and the freezing cold icy water was running down my back, and my jeans soaked from crotch to ankle, ..I mean absolutely drenched. .. It took all of 2 minutes to happen, I have never in living memory been so soaked outside of a swimming pool, and then I had to get into the car sitting in a pool of water to drive...

Peak...

Went to the nearest Gastropub, which has roaring log fires dotted all around, and dried my coat off in front of one of the fires.... still had to sit and have lunch in my soaking wet jeans, but at least I was in the warm!!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019