The Pit And The Peak Of Your Day

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Holly Saunders, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Peak ....the new storms have not started yet....but some will be deadly.
    My daughter has settled in now.
    Pit...now a real pit but aggravating. The storm Saturday knocked out our land line phone.....countless tries and phone calls on my cell to correct. Finally got someone...problem on their end. ..Frontier working on it hopefully works soon.

Don Alaska and Holly Saunders like this.
  2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Nail and head Don !! Now I have to wait 2 weeks for the results of the MRI... I wish I'd just paid privately for it as I did the last one... and got seen to the next day with the results the same day. I just didn't think my knee could cope with the train into London, several changes of tubes trains and zillions of stairs and escalators...

@Gloria Mitchell , as a tee-totaller this is one of the times I wish I did drink ... lol... I've had to settle for a hot shower, & a bar of chocolate.. :rolleyes::D

Glad those storms haven't got to you yet, I have no doubt you're battened down as best as can be..I hope sincerely you don't get the worst of it.. ...

3. Robert Teale

Robert Teale Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh you poor girl, you've been through the wars today lass. I hope you get that knee sorted very soon.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  4. Holly Saunders

Registered

Thank you Bob.... :)

5. Holly Saunders

Registered

Peak: Glorious warm sunny day. Parcels arrived of stuff I bought online, early enough so I could drive into London, to exchange a dress I bought last week . They'd sold out of the dresses. so I got my money back.. then the customer service guy looked to see if any of the other stores had it online, and sure enough they did , and he could get it sent to a store nearer home, and better still, since last week the dress had been reduced in price by half!! result!!! :D So I can collect it tomorrow from a store just 5 miles away!!!

Don Alaska likes this.
  6. Holly Saunders

Registered

Oh I forgot to mention... I got this handbag in the sale (the tan one on the right at the front)... reduced from £45 to £15.00...go me...!!:D

[​IMG]

I need a new handbag to add to the zillions I have already lol.... (actually the truth is I just bagged up 10 handbags and totes yesterday for the charity shop donation box, 3 of them are actually new, never been used, just too heavy to carry when full)

7. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

@Holly Saunders ...I own one purse at a time...and never carry much in one at all.
    Lolol the guards at check points where your checked out like the courthouse....love me...:)

Holly Saunders and Don Alaska like this.
  8. Robert Teale

Registered

I can't see how you'll get the kitchen sink into that beauty, Holly......

Don Alaska and Holly Saunders like this.
  9. Holly Saunders

Registered

LOL Bob...that's it's only downfall, it's only gonna hold a phone, a lipstick and a credit card..but hey what more does a girl need... :D

Don Alaska and Hedi Mitchell like this.
  10. Robert Teale

Registered

A kitchen sink.......:D

11. Holly Saunders

Registered

Why, am I taking you with me to do the washing up? :p

Don Alaska likes this.
  12. Robert Teale

Registered

Hmmmmm.....

13. Holly Saunders

Registered

Peak :...Glorious Sunny hot day.... O/H got the lawns all cut.. and then we took 2 large boxes and a sack full of clothing, bags , books, and brica-brac to the Charity shop... which is huge, the size of a supermarket!! They sell everything, from the smallest ornament to the largest furniture. They only take the best quality stuff, and therefore that's what they sell... ..so after we'd dropped our stuff off.. I was delighted to find a little rotating top drop leaf side table that I've been thinking of getting for a while.....the cost from Amazon is £132.000...I got it for £5... !!!!:D
    This is the exact same one...
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Folding-table-Rotation-Drop-leaf-Sitting/dp/B07CKCCQ4R

[​IMG]

Then we went to lunch at the pub, next to the retail park which is usually jammed solid at the weekends, but today because so many people have taken the opportunity to go on holiday for the spring May Break (kids are off for 10 days)... there was only a smattering of people in the pub... so we sat outside and no-one was there... fab!! peace and quiet!!

Pit : Got cloudy by late afternoon.. so we came home.. and all the driving this week hasn't done my knee any favours...

Last edited: May 25, 2019
  14. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

@Holly Saunders that was a bargain! I bot a painting at the Goodwill for $5.99, just to find out the artist paintings start at $70
    that was bargain find a few months ago.
    Yesterday we met up with two couples thru MeetUP , and went to a exotic zoo,about and hour from here. The zoo was um, okay, but could have been better. But it got us out, talking and planning with others our age. Enjoyed visiting with them more than the zoo.
    No real pits, thank goodness. My daughter and GD that moved in have been gone all week end and that gave a change also.Have been so busy
    lately, have not had chance to do much on here.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  15. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Daughter-in-law in labor with grandchild #13. The peak will be if things are completed safely and in good health. No pits so far.