The Pit And The Peak Of Your Day

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Holly Saunders, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Sorry about your knee Don...it's no fun is it?... :(

These kids are also living in a rental next door to me.... It's the only transient house here in the neighbourhood. The landlord bought it to let, over 20 years ago.. so he never lived in it!!

Don Alaska likes this.
  2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I am sure my knee pain is no where near as bad as yours, @Holly Saunders, but thanks for the sympathy. Mine only hurts when climbing stairs, and not all the time.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Pit......vehicle has to go back to Goodyear. We STILL hear a "knocking" noise in front, but not nearly as loud or as much as we did. But, after spending out $1,000 on front-end repairs last Saturday to silence the noise, still having a noise in front is unacceptable and my wife isn't very happy about it. My wife says "We paid to have this fixed and to still hear a knocking noise is unacceptable".

Peak...…vehicle does drive better, with less noise up front.

4. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

It's 7 :15 AM here and I had a pretty good night's sleep for a change. I feel quite rested and am enjoying my first cup of coffee. My peak today will be when my new order of wines is delivered to my apartment and I choose one of them to have with dinner this evening.

Don Alaska and Holly Saunders like this.
  5. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I have to ask did Goodyear test drive the vehicle at all?

6. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

We really don't know, but think they did, before telling us about the suspension repairs. After they told us what needed to be done, the store manager had one of his employees take us home in the company truck. After the repairs were done, we got a call telling us that the same employee was coming to get us. When we got to the store, the vehicle was parked. Whether or not they drove it AFTER the repairs were done, we really don't know. We were so happy to get the problem taken care of, we didn't even ask.

When we take it back, both wife and I will go with the mechanic on the test drive. That way there will be three sets of ears listening for any noises, not just his.

Von Jones likes this.
  7. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I agree with her ... there should not be an extra charge unless they can show a specific reason was not corrected first time.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  8. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Spent two full hours talking to our new finance broker...um guess that was a Peak .
    My only Pit - is I miss my dull happy home life- you know before the grown kid moved in with her kid :(

Don Alaska and Holly Saunders like this.
  9. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

Absolutely highest point of the day: WE CLOSED ON SELLING THE HOUSE TODAY! Finally. it's been a rough journey, but the money was in the bank within 15 minutes of the last signatures on the papers. We did our part yesterday here in North Narrowlina and the papers were overnighted to Florida for today's closing. YAY!!! WAHOO!!! I was just hoping we'd get it sold before the hurricanes start showing up.

10. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Mary Robi

But what will you do now?
    Frank

11. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

Well, let's see...…...maybe have a drink?

We bought a "not-new-but-new-to-us" house in April and moved into that. Then we got busy on getting the old house ready to put up for sale. A couple of deals fell through, but finally after some glitches with the present deal, it went through. July 3rd was truly Independence Day for us!

The hardest part was getting things done remotely (we left Florida end of May and won't be back in Florida until October) but we had a great realtor who kept on top of things and was always willing to step in for us.

12. Holly Saunders

Registered

13. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Peak,alive and kicking...well alive anyway.
    Seems I have so much more to do latley,so not much time for in here .
    Still trying to adjust to the invasion of my happy home life. Things are better,to some degree. Once school starts and daughter gets job, then I start my volunteer work, things will get to a normal .
    Hubby is finishing up the side board he is making me and can hardly wait.
    Most of my days are Peaky, long as I don't become involved in the dang need meds.
    Oh, one Pit today, will be going to the apartment office and negotiating our rent increase. Naturally it goes up every year.
    The lease is up in November, but you have to start now for some odd reason. Regardless,do not want to move.
    Will have another Pit come Monday as time for the periodontist:( I cringe each time...money money. Other than that I am good...how about you:p

14. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Mostly peaks here: Spending time with most of our children and spouses, and grandchildren, and harvesting produce daily from the gardens and greenhouses.

15. Holly Saunders

Registered

No great pits or peaks today for me.. I will take that... :D

Slight Pit, in that I went for the weekly grocery shopping, and it was hot and very , and my ac despite being re-gassed twice isn't working, alright driving along with fans and or window open, but not for sitting in long queues waiting to get in the supermarket car park, which is what happened today...*phew* I thought I was going to spontaneously combust I was sooo HOT!!

Peak :...my new hardback book arrived today.. ( I have a kindle but I love hardbacks)... Latest Biography of Francis Rossi ..of Status Quo...

Don Alaska and Hedi Mitchell like this.