The Pit And The Peak Of Your Day

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Holly Saunders, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Shirley, was only saying what the Pit of our day was. Why so much commotion about this. It as a Pit, to us, seeing this dude. If folks on here don't agree, that sure isn't my fault.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  2. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Only one forum and I just named it. What I'm wondering is why everyone THINKS that diversity is everywhere and that everyone/everywhere accepts the GLBT society. Wonder what the GLBT community, if any, is like in Maine where Ken lives?

3. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

I will also say this again...…...we are NOT open minded to all kind of things.

Now, back to Pit and Peak of people's day. We stated ours and, for those that don't like it, well...…...

4. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm more surprised I think that people actually state that publicly... ...people have a right to choose a locale which suits them better of course, I just never thought about it being written down publicly..

5. Holly Saunders

Registered

Absolutely ! Your pit and peak is as valuable as anyone elses..:D

Bess Barber and Ken N Louis like this.
  6. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, Holly, when some asks, they will get a reply. On that same Forum, I've seen people from India (Indians) ask if there is an Indian community in the area. Some folks will tell them that that sounds racists, but they want to live where other Indians do. They want to make sure there is an Indian restaurant there that is owned/run by Indians. Asians will ask the same question, for the very same reason. There are communities in different parts of the U.S. that are primarily, if not all, of one race.

Bess Barber likes this.
  7. Holly Saunders

Registered

That's the problem oftentimes what is actually culturist is perceived to be racist...

Anyway let's not stray too far from the topic of this thread...

Pit & peak!!

8. Holly Saunders

Registered

Pit : 2 days ago hubs took my car for it's annual MOT test ( legal requirement , so if it doesn't pass you can't drive it)... .. he took it to a different place to our usual because we were starting to lose a little faith in the one we've used for years...however with the one I've used for years my car has passed every year without fail, but they charged for the MOT test .. so this time at the new place we discover I need 3 new tyres. Not a scam, genuinely need these tyres, they're actually coming off the rims and with shreds in them. :eek:. now I've done very much less riving since the last MOT so I feel that those tyres were not even looked at , at the usual Garage... .also I need a new clutch which I've been moaning about to the other place for the last couple of years and they kept telling me there was nothing wrong with mine.. even tho' I knew there was..

So in a way it's a Pit because I have to pay for 3 new tyres, the MOT test..and a new Clutch... and in a way a Peak, because this newer company have potentially saved my life...

9. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Ole Glo not doing well. my Pit
    .So have call I to doctor to see him soon.
    My body pain is worse and the fatigue is just too much. Please spare me what you think it might be as I have researched and concerned enough.
    The Peak is still breathing and working on the humor of it all. :)

10. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Noticed your new Avatar...…...just how young are you in this one?

11. Holly Saunders

Registered

OMG..You don't ask a woman her age , and certainly not in that manner..wow!! that's not gentlemanly at all.!!

I'm going to take it as a back handed compliment in that you must think I look very young in my avatar, ... :rolleyes:

12. Holly Saunders

Registered

Peak :... to a late lunch at the pub where our friend is the boss... and the pub is all decked out for Christmas and is looking lovely.. and we got taken through the kitchen to the back garages, where he keep his vintage vehicles he restores vehicles and shown a 47 year old Dune Buggy he's very proud of that he's been restoring..and has just sold..

Peak & Pit..cost me plenty for the new Tyres and the MOT test this morning...

Pit... feeling sorry for @Gloria Mitchell ,:( I'm in pretty much similar circs myself with regard to Pain . Need to see a Doctor, but the waiting list is 4 weeks for my GP, so I'll have to pay to see a Private GP, and really I don't want to do it before my daughter comes next weekend, so I'm trying to hold on until she's gone home again.. !!

13. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Ok, Holly, who told you that I was a gentleman??? They lied! :D. In a conversation, when I tell someone my age, and they go "no way", I simply tell them that I was in the Navy during Vietnam and graduated from high school in 1968. I also say "guess the Just For Men Hair Color (mustache/temples) is still working". LOL

Your Avatar just looks much younger than a Senior. That should be taken as a compliment, because the picture does appear to be younger.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    Holly Saunders likes this.
  14. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

:( I'm sorry you aren't feeling your best these days. Getting older just comes with all sorts of crappy surprises doesn't it? I wish I lived nearer to you so I could help you do something around the house or whatever.

15. Holly Saunders

Registered

I will take it as a compliment Cody.....but you can be assured I was definitely a senior, at least where over 50's forums are concerned, when that photo was taken..
    I'm still not a senior now, except on over 50's forums.. not officially for another 2 years.