The Pit And The Peak Of Your Day

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Holly Saunders, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

Peak: Found the bedspread set I had been looking for for the guest room. New sheets, new blanket.....ready for the guests.

Pit: Reluctantly and against my better judgement, I agreed to accompany my cousin and aunt (aunt has pretty bad dementia) to Disney World TWO.DAYS.BEFORE.CHRISTMAS. If you see an article in the paper about a senior woman throwing herself off the top of Cinderella's Castle, that'll be me...…….

2. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

Somehow, I don't think the linen set is going to balance this one out. :D

3. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

OM...this really made laugh today. I will jump with you as my live in daughter driving me nuts !

4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Pit: Worked all day finishing up miscellaneous "stuff" for tomorrow. Got all the presents wrapped and the car is packed. Lift off @ 9 a.m.

Peak: Excited about tomorrow. We're driving up to the Austin area (3 hrs) for our Christmas get-together with our kids and grandkids. All of them will be there except our oldest son who lives in Oregon. I can't wait to see them! Menu is fajitas, home made tamales and all the fixin's. My son the BBQ pitmaster will be grilling fajitas for all.

5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Have a great time...and safe travels!

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  6. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Have a super duper Christmas with the family Beth....safe journey

[​IMG]

7. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

:(

8. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

Peak: We had a fun time singing songs and playing driedel for candy prizes to open up Hanuka late afternoon instead of the usual evening. The reason is because my daughter has to work tonight. I thought I would have my grandson, Israel, all to myself. BUT, I was quickly dumped in favor of his online gamer friends. :D

Pit: It has been gloomy and raining all day long. I don't mind because I don't have to get out in it, but sure feel for all the folks trying to get their Christmas shopping done. I can only imagine how many fender benders and wrecks took place today.

Yvonne Smith and Holly Saunders like this.
  9. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

Pit: Haven't been feeling up to par since I cut my finger. Christmas Day, I barely got through it due to sever pain in my left side but thankfully, dinner was a resounding success. My late daughter in law's family is nuts. No one can cook nor do they wish too. The down side is the fact that now I am experiencing some chest pain and it has me wondering if I picked something up in the hospital last Friday. I cannot remember ever experiencing such sharp muscular pain. Nothing has helped it at all. Might have to go home early and see my own physician. See how tomorrow goes.

10. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh no, I don't like the sound of this Lois and that you're in so much pain .:( Much as I'm sure you don't want to go home, but this sounds like it needs seeing to immediately.. . I hope this can be resolved asap, ((hugs))

11. Lois Winters

Registered

It seems a tad less troublesome today, so I'll try to tough it out for another day or so. I hate to leave my son alone for the New Year, but if I must, I must.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  12. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I hope you feel better soon, Lois.

Lois Winters likes this.
  13. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Pit: I managed to cut the tip of my thumb while chopping onions yesterday. It's amazing how often I use that thumb!! :D Seems like every "task" puts pressure directly on that annoying little cut.

Peak: All traces of Christmas have been successfully removed from the house.

Lois Winters and Mary Robi like this.
  14. Lois Winters

Registered

Sorry to read this Beth. Cuts aren't fun things at all. I am having a problem trying to remove the last stitch from my finger. Perhaps I'll keep it as a reminder of the end of a decade.:cool:

15. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Thanks, Lois... though my cut was nowhere near the severity of yours. Just a little slice right behind my fingernail that stings when I wash my hands and reopens when I put pressure on it.

Lois Winters likes this.