The Value Of Fasting

Discussion in 'Diets & Dieting' started by Ken Anderson, Aug 24, 2018.

1. John Nopales

John Nopales Well-Known Member
    Registered

That's a huge "DUH!" on their part, like saying;
    "anyone who's been shot in the gut has an increased risk of intestinal bleeding."
    This is why I don't go to doctors. Their chemical corporation peer reviewed studies are simply BS propaganda.

Jenna Parnellson likes this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That's pretty much what we do. Although we'll sometimes have breakfast, it's not a regular thing. I might snack on something during the day, but supper is the only meal we eat regularly.

3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I have always eaten lunch and dinner, and still do. Breakfast is one of those things that if I'm not in the habit, then I don't miss it. But for the past many years, I've had fruit & cereal in the morning, so I've had 3 meals a day and rarely skip one. When I was working, I also had a mid-morning snack of cut fruit, cheese and crackers.

I have never fasted for any period of time.

Don Alaska and Beth Gallagher like this.
  4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

When I fast, it's not a total fast. I am fasting right now, but when I do it, I will eat some light soup, meaning that I don't load it down with stuff, but so that I do get some nutrients. That, I believe, is what keeps me from continuing to get heavier and heavier. I weigh more than I'd like but I don't continue gaining weight. Whenever I begin to feel like I might be, I fast for a few days or a week.