The Wall

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Peter Renfro, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

Just watched a Representative from Texas on Face the Nation. I think his name was Hurd. He claims that if the wall is constructed as the administration desires,we in effect would be ceding 1.1 million acres of arable land to Mexico. 1.1 million. thats a lot of land just to give away.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Interesting. But would not the land still be deemed as Federal Property? Granted, useless Federal Property but it would not ceded to any other country.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The border, in Texas, would be the Rio Grande River, so that "land" would be our half of the river, which is not arable. Nor are farmers allowed to plant right up to the river anyhow, due to erosion concerns. Frankly, they wouldn't need the huge wall on the Texas border anyhow, due to the difficulties of climbing onto a wall from a river. Besides, if I decide to build a fence in the middle of my yard, I haven't ceded half of my yard to my neighbor - I have simply built a fence in the middle of what would remain my yard. Some of Texas' Democrat representatives aren't that bright, anyhow.

Maggie Mae, Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.
  4. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Apparently there may be some "set up" lawsuits that are being lodged in protest by Trump supporters. Their object is to get the case into the 6th Circuit to be heard, while the Progressives will always go to the 9th Circuit. Conflict between two circuits will speed the case to the Supreme Court of the U.S. I don't know whether the Representative was not bright or not, but he may have been grandstanding to the ignorant.

Bobby Cole and Ken Anderson like this.
  5. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

6. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

7. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

ROFL! LOL!