The West Has To Stop China

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Craig Wilson, May 17, 2020.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

In my opinion, Capitalism happened. Communist Chinese people work cheaper and probably more than any of their competitors. Coupled with cheaper materials and very little manufacturing oversight, their products are less expensive even as an export when taxes and shipping are added to the bottom line.
    Plus, the mindset concerning profit is totally different. They do not mind NOT making a huge profit a few times if they can make a little profit a million times.

Japan in it’s manufacturing scope is still known as the inventor of tech miniaturization but the Chinese have perfected the mass manufacturing of those products. Of course, to that we can add that Japan is really hard to beat when it comes to manufacturing excellence but with excellence and large profits there is a higher price to pay and let’s face it: most people like me are cheap and I guess are doomed to shop at Wally World and Harbor Freight. .

2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

How sad is it that back in Sam Walton's day, there were plenty of "Made in the USA" products at Walmart.

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

I fear capitalism is the one thing that will struggle in bringing down communist China. What an irony that is. As you and others allude to Thomas there are too many wealthy westerners making far too much money dealing with China. Whenever someone of influence speaks critically in my country about China, there is some rich entrepreneur or businessmen with the opposite opinion.

One of those is Andrew 'Twiggy' Forrest.. you may have heard of him.. the current Chairman of Fortescue Metals Group..one of Australia's three largest mining conglomerates which supplies massive amounts of iron ore to .. guess where? Twiggy is self made with large interests in other mining ventures and cattle stations. His mining interests alone bring billions of bucks to Australia and into his bank accounts. Twiggy is sitting pretty selling his steel raw material to the commies as it makes him richer and richer. He is a proud Australian but looking to dump China as one of his major markets is probably the furthest thing from his mind.. as is paying a whole lot more to process the ore in Australia before shipping it globally to the world.

So the wealthy wont cut China from its payroll so it is up to us little people to do that. If commie products were suddenly staying on western shelves and in warehouses then the importers are going to stop importing arent they.. as there is little monetary value in it for them. Exactly Thomas dont buy a commie made Smart Phone or television or even a wrist watch. Buy one made in Germany. If not available there then look to Japan, US or South Korea.

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Rather than thinking of it as stopping China, perhaps a better way of looking at it is to support our own countries and our own way of life, whatever that might be. It's important to do that, whichever country we live in, and I do that as much as seems practical. However, when an American product is so much more expensive than the foreign equivalent, I can't always do that, and sometimes it's just too hard to do the homework necessary to do so. Not only does this help the personal economies of the countries we live in but, in most cases, as far as I can see, the American made product is of a higher quality. However, that's not so easy, given that so many American companies outsource their manufacturing.

5. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Great answer - thanks :)

6. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Veteran Member
    Registered

Actually, when looking for a station wagon in the 90s, I was also toying with the idea of buying a Volvo, the V40 which had just arrived on the market. I liked the safety concept of it. But it turned out to be too expensive and not as roomy. So I went for a Japanese car, Toyota Carina E station wagon.
    It doesn't say where precisely the peanuts are from. Just the "Country of origin: USA" is printed on the packaging.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Terry Coywin and Bobby Cole like this.
  8. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Well @Patsy Faye Australia has spoken.
    There are renewed calls for Australia to reduce its reliance on imported products and materials in the wake of the COVID-19 crisis to boost local businesses and manufacturing.

A new YouGov survey found that a whopping 88% of Aussies believe we should make more essential products at home and rely less on Chinese imports while 82% of people also think state and federal governments should use Australian-made products when building infrastructure, even if it costs the taxpayer more.

I wanna know why I was not part of the survey. In fact I dont ever recall being surveyed on any issue in my life. I am also waiting to be called for jury duty. Better half has been called three times and she was not even born in my country.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
    Patsy Faye likes this.
  9. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

This is how you will defeat the Chinese Innovation and invention the US has lead the world in developing new products. The Chinese and Japanese are great at copying them. The Chinese might have a higher IQ but that does not help because they are trained from birth to think in a certain way the collective. Americans are tinkers and play with new ideas all the time even experimenting in their basement coming up with ideas thinking out of the box. Once they cut off the thief of these new ideas from the Chinese the Americans once again will regain top dog status. A lot of the inventions the world uses now came out of someone garage or basement.

Patsy Faye and Beth Gallagher like this.
  10. Yvonne Smith

You have to belong to you.gov and then you get all of their surveys. Ken mentioned them a couple of years ago, and I signed up, and have been doing the surveys ever since.
    When you do the survey, you get points for each survey that you do, and then you can cash in the points for Amazon gift cards.

Craig Wilson and Patsy Faye like this.
  11. Patsy Faye

Registered

I say the same thing almost every day ! I've tried googling to see if I can put me name to polls and never get anywhere :rolleyes:
    Anyway - great news for Australia and I hope we do the same

12. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Yvonne Smith - just spotted your post, thanks so much, will do that today !

Craig Wilson likes this.
  13. Yvonne Smith

Once you sign up, they will start sending you surveys. Some are political, some are about other things. Most survey companies make you qualify for a survey, so you can go through all of the preliminary questions and then find out you wasted your time because you are not the demographic they are looking for.
    With the you.gov surveys, you always qualify and always get your points, (500 points usually), plus they often have a fun little survey which gives you another 100 points.

This is my referral link, which gives me extra points if you use it to sign up. Once you are registered and start receiving surveys, you will also have a referral link that you can use for people you know who might want to earn Amazon points by doing surveys. Just copy and paste my referral link into your browser, and it will take you to the you.gov registration page.

https://today.yougov.com/refer/I1i-HDC9GMiztZwC-KTmhQ/

Patsy Faye likes this.
  14. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

too bad I just saw this post. I saw the earlier on and joined up

Yvonne Smith and Patsy Faye like this.
  15. Patsy Faye

Registered

Same here - I joined straight away ! Wish I'd known before but better late than never, thanks again @Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith likes this.