Theories About Those Who Believe In Conspiracy Theories

Discussion in 'Conspiracies & Paranormal' started by Hoot Crawford, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Hoot Crawford

Hoot Crawford Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't suppose you can see the irony of your comment that by calling me petty for calling out another poster for an outrageous comment , you are engaging in the same behavior and thereby suffer from the same alleged "obvious flaw in thinking". Hmmmm And of course I will anxiously await for Ken to chide you for your "personal attack" on me.

I still stand by my comment. And if this forum doesn't allow ugly statements like those made my Dowling to be challenged, then I need to find a different forum. I do not suffer from political correctness.

2. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

@Hoot Crawford ,you just stop this nonsense right now and go to your corner! You may take your crayons if you wish.

3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Stand by anything you wish and go where you will. I did not in any way suffer you the same indignity you wish to present to someone you do not even know and will not do so now. You will find that I too hate PC and will call a spade a spade or a doggone shovel but I see no sense in berating anyone for an opinion.
    I wrote about your stance concerning an individual not on your stance concerning an incident or happening.
    No irony to it, just sound facts.
    Please do stop with the character bashing and we can strive to be on equal terms here, whether you like me or not.

4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

By its very nature, each thread in the forum is for people who wish to discuss that particular topic, and share their thoughts about whatever the topic is.
    What I do not understand is why someone who has NO interest in a topic would still want to get into the thread, just to disrupt the discussion.
    The conspiracy thread is supposed to be the place where conspiracies CAN be discussed, and different opinions about what actually happened are perfectly allowed here, @Hoot Crawford . In this section of the forum, it is perfectly acceptable to say that a person thinks that the planes didn’t exist, and that the buildings were pre-set with bombs, because that is one theory.
    You have already said in one of your earlier posts (and indeed when you started this particular thread itself) that you don’t care about conspiracies, and your links and statements about the character of people who do look at alternative theories of an event was derogatory right from the beginning.

It is perfectly fine that you are not interested in the possibility that something is being covered up, or not as represented in the evening news on television; but there is no justification for insulting those of us who DO want to discuss that topic.
    If there is a topic that I am not interested in, I just ignore that thread, and do not join in the thread just to say that I think the whole topic is stupid or out of place.
    It never fails to puzzle me why everyone else cannot just join in the topics they have an interested in openmindedly discussing, and ignore the topics they have no interest in.

5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

The difference between a disagreement and a personal attack seems to be lost on you.

I'd rather you stay, but only if you can learn to discuss issues without turning a discussion into a personal attack.

Are you sure? Political correctness is largely about picking someone's words apart, looking for reasons to be offended, in order to shut them up.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  6. Jeff Tracy

Jeff Tracy Veteran Member
    Registered

[​IMG]

Neville Telen and Bobby Cole like this.
  7. Ken Anderson

As do I. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. There's plenty of room for discussion and disagreement without resorting to personal attacks.

Ina I. Wonder and Bobby Cole like this.
  8. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

I am not a conspiracy theorist but a conspiracy analyst I check out what they want us to believe against the facts. There is some stories that they come out with that are complete impossibilities and they claim there is no discussion.[911 or global warming] makes you wonder that did they really look at the evident or do they have a story to sell. Even Hillary was yelling when her husband was president that his playing around was a conspiracy and not true. The word conspiracy was weaponized to discredit anyone who disagreed with the story that the government put out. All the people who refused to go to war in Vietnam were called unpatriotic because they would not fight a war which was a lie. The story was the US was attacked and we had to respond and it was a conspiracy if you did not believe it. 30 years later we find it was not true.

Jeff Tracy likes this.
  9. Ken Anderson

The phrase "conspiracy theory" was originally a neutral term, and didn't adopt a negative tone until the 1960s, after which it began to carry the implication that the conspiracy theorist is paranoid or nuts. This began when the CIA began using the term to discredit those who questioned the official story of John F. Kennedy's assassination, and has since been effectively used to refer to anyone who questions the official government position on anything.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  10. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I enjoyed discussing conspiracy theories with my husband long ago and usually about UFOs or aliens, it didn't bother me at all but now every single event has become a conspiracy theory and i think the conspiracy theorists have done a big disservice to themselves by doing this.

Also, most are so bizarre that it turns people off...it does me. The outcome is ..now if something truly might be one...I'm not going to believe it.

11. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Really? Dern! All this time I thought that it was about some nay sayers who said that it was not an apple that dropped on Newton's head but a government official who dropped a rock off of a building to see if it would bounce off of Newton's hard head which led to Newton's first law of gravity. E una cospirazione dico, una Cospirazione!!!

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  12. Jeff Tracy

Jeff Tracy Veteran Member
    Registered

Ideally everyone should question the official government position on everything. They might be driving the bus but we should tell them where to head for.

13. Ken Anderson

It's quite possible, and I would argue that it's usually the case, that someone can doubt the official government story and simultaneously doubt the conspiracy theories that arise from it. We may feel sure that there is a conspiracy without believing any particular theory as to what the conspiracy is. In most cases, we don't know, and the only ones who do are those who are involved in the conspiracy. It doesn't hurt to consider the possibilities, however.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  14. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

The entire thread has a most interesting "ring" to it, almost a resonance of sorts, the actual source of the repeating, tiny driving "force", remaining elusive to the bystander.

The term "subrogation" comes to mind, whereby recently returned values or beliefs of an individual are utilized for one's own benefit.

Frank

15. Neville Telen

Neville Telen Veteran Member
    Registered

Slate and the NYTimes are but two of the horde of idiots that have long denied that the government was furiously involved in spying on Americans. Over the last twenty years, I have lost count of how many similar such retards have tried to silence me (and those like me), saying that we did not know what we were talking about, asking what size tin hat we wore, and my favorite, the shrill cry that we had absolutely no evidence to support our paranoid delusions. Then along came Snowden, Thomas Drake, and other whistleblowers. The floodgates to all that irrefutable evidence the professional deniers were constantly whining for was thrown open wide, and these idiots quickly retreated back under their rocks. How much of what conspiracy theorists have claimed over the last twenty years has proven true? A hell of a lot more than what the horde of idiots have claimed, and the habitual doubters have denied! Sure we got a few on our side that have no discrimination, and basically believe anything, but not all that is their fault. The 'Main Players' are masters of misinformation, disinformation, propaganda, spin doctoring, etc., and can convince a Inuit he absolutely cannot live without an ice maker.