Theories About Those Who Believe In Conspiracy Theories

Discussion in 'Conspiracies & Paranormal' started by Hoot Crawford, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

There are some very real conspiracies going on around us, and some very powerful people and institutions are invested in labeling those who recognize these conspiracies for what they are as kooks and conspiracy nuts. Of course, this doesn't mean that every conspiracy theory is true. That's the flip side of secrecy, I think. When the truth is hidden, people are left not knowing what to believe.

2. Neville Telen

Neville Telen Veteran Member
    Registered

Speaking of dirty tricks:
    https://leaksource.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/cia-manual-trickery-deception-2009.pdf
    http://www.openculture.com/2015/12/simple-sabotage-field-manual.html

3. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

I think the internet has open the eyes and awaken many people they can finally see the man behind the curtain. They used the term conspiracy against anyone who dare look behind the curtain in the past but with the internet we can check thing out ourselves. Also the millions/billions of people walking around with smart phones catching the real news and not having to reply on the main street media to find out what is going on. Like I say I am not a conspiracy theorist but a conspiracy annalist. Main street news is dieing because we have learned they are controlled and own by people who don't want you to learn the truth.

4. Neville Telen

Neville Telen Veteran Member
    Registered

Unfortunately there are way too many that simply do not want to learn the truth, or know anything that might threaten their cozy assumptions of what is happening. I call them The Ostrich Clan. Them that would much prefer to bury their head in the sand and pretend there are no such thing as lions, and that they absolutely do not feel the sting of any nonexistent lion chewing off their tail feathers. Snowden and other whistleblowers ruined their lives to bring this lot the truth, and they cannot even be bothered to deal with it. Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil is their motto...and avoiding any inconvenient truths are their raison d'ĂȘtre.

5. Hugh Dowling

Hugh Dowling Veteran Member
    Registered

...You are quite right, of course. I went over the line there, so a profuse apology is offered. I did not wish to offend.

Frank Sanoica and Bobby Cole like this.
  6. Tex Dennis

Tex Dennis Veteran Member
    Registered

I was in Dallas on the Nov day Kennedy was shot, later was involved in the Warren Commission re-enactment of the event, I don't' have a clue who did it but do know there were lots of things turned in that sure were not in the findings presented to the country nor ever made public. Same from the reports at Parkland and later autopsy. Just look at how many known records have gone missing.

7. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Tex Dennis
    Especially records pertaining to deaths close to the Administration during Bill's stay in the White House!
    Frank

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  8. Tex Dennis

Tex Dennis Veteran Member
    Registered

You mentioned Bill Klinton I would guess, another not mentioned thing and I saw this personally was why the sign on I30 in Hope was preplaced as to stating his boyhood home, it was shot to pieces at to the amount of holes in it and was deemed looking bad for tourists.

Frank Sanoica and Don Alaska like this.
  9. Ken Anderson

This thread got derailed for a bit by a fight, but I think it was a very good thread and would like to revive it.

The main reasons that people believe in conspiracy theories, in my opinion, are:
    • Many of them are true; and
    • Most of us realize that we are lied to all the time, by our government, by the school system, and by the media; and
    • In the absence of a credible source of news and information, we might believe whatever makes sense to us.

10. Ken Anderson

I believe that most conspiracy theories are developed and promoted by people who are seeking an answer that makes sense, given that the official reports so often don't make sense. When they come up with something that fits the facts, as they know them, they tend to believe it. If they make a persuasive argument, others will believe it as well. One problem is that we (myself included) tend to look for facts that support something that we already tend to believe, so the conspiracy theory is not necessarily factual. Even so, it's often more honest than the official lie. I would give more credibility to someone who is actually trying to figure something out than to the person who simply accepts the official line put out by the government, the media, or the government-paid scientific community.

Some conspiracy theories are started as a joke, or for more sinister reasons. When the official story is full of holes, then the conspiracy theorist simply has to come up with a theory that fills the holes and he will have something that makes more sense than the official story.

11. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I look for conspiracy when things that should happen don't, or things that shouldn't happen do. That is why I looked at Flight 800 as a conspiracy. The FBI led the investigation, not the NTSB, leading me to think that criminal activity was expected. They recovered most of the plane, but could not find a cause for the "accident". The President did not travel overseas for several months after that when that had been the pattern previously. Military pilots reporting missile sightings and were ignored and discounted.

The current Trump persecution fits, when you see an investigation but no crime, perjury used to get an intelligence warrant, etc. It appears a bit like Watergate in reverse, where an incumbent administration is using the intelligence apparatus to destroy a President-elect. This is much worse than Watergate in my opinion, as it strikes at the foundations of the government.

12. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Ken it is not our job to come up with an answer but merely show that their [government or science ] is not correct. The problem in trying to figure what happened is you can be wrong as well and when they discredit you ending the quest for truth. Like trying to explain the pentagon and what happened is hard but showing that a 757 did not go through a 16 foot diameter hole is easy

13. Ken Anderson

True enough, @Martin Alonzo. Of course, it's not really a theory unless you can answer some of the questions. For example, I am quite certain that we have been lied to about the 9/11 attacks, but that doesn't mean that I know what did happen. I watched a few buildings being demolished in Long Beach during an urban renewal project and, except for the video of a plane crashing into them, that is what it looked like - an implosion. I know that there are experts who have testified as to how the buildings could have come down like that after being struck by an airliner, but experts tend to say whatever they're paid to say, and I haven't heard anyone give a good reason for the demise of Building 7.

In other words, I can say that I feel certain that the official story was a lie, but that doesn't mean that I have a theory as to what actually did happen. I do have such a theory, but it's not one that can be substantiated with facts, and simply knowing that I have been lied to is not a theory in itself.

Frank Sanoica and Martin Alonzo like this.
  14. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Yes Ken it is not our responsibility to know how it happen but just know it was not what they said. Please tell us the truth.

15. Maggie Mae

Maggie Mae Veteran Member
    Registered

If we could be told the truth, rather than all the smoke and mirrors government likes to throw at us, that would help.

We aren't as stupid as they want us to think we are.

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.