They Don't Want To Accept It

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Diane Lane, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

It's not just a hard, even frightening time in America, it sad. I so believe many were only deceived by a corrupt government:( Just imo.

Diane Lane likes this.
  2. Denise Evans

Registered

I still think older folks should be able to join the military, especially women who are in menopause, talk about Dragon Slayers, LOL!! ISIS, tuck your tail and run like hell!!

Diane Lane and Gary Ridenour like this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

I just don't know! Some folks just don't want to accept change and that's what happens with a new President. During Trump's campaign stops, he did do a lot of talking about things in America he wants to/will change. A lot in society can handle change, while others hate change. His "immigration" speeches/changes are really riling a lot of people up.

All I can say is..........give the man a chance!!

Diane Lane and Denise Evans like this.
  4. Denise Evans

Registered

Well said Cody, and Trump changed his wording on immigration what I believe he truly meant from the beginning (imo), to suspend immigration.

You are so right about change, change, or lack thereof. I love your attitude, and if Hillary were in there, or anyone else, I would hope & pray to have that same attitude.

Diane Lane likes this.
  5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Watching the post election coverage on CBS News, and I think I switched over the NBC News for a while, it struck me that these were the same people who were making such an issue about Trump's unwillingness to promise that he would accept the results of the election if he should lose.

Rather than accepting the results of the election in which Trump won, they are -- to a man (or woman) -- most ungracious. The election hadn't been called for Trump for more than ten minutes before NBC News was comparing his election to Hitler's rise to power in Nazi Germany. Another of the news people read a tweet from David Duke, in which he had said that Trump now has the chance to become one of the greatest Americans to have ever lived, in an attempt to tie Trump in with the Ku Klux Klan, again ignoring the fact that Trump had renounced David Duke as far back as 1999, and has never had anything whatsoever to do with the Klan, and that Duke himself has not been a member of the Klan in more than forty years.

As they were discussing the election, you'd never know that these were television newspeople, and not members of the Hillary Clinton campaign. At one point, one of them even said, "Where did we go wrong?" Of course, I could have told him where they had gone wrong, and it would have related to their use of "we" when referring to something that they were supposed to have been reporting on, but which had instead taken a part in.

6. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Where are Hillary and Obama on the riots not a word? These peace loving people have their mouth shut and hiding. This president who won a Nobel peace prize cannot bring peace to his own country.

Diane Lane likes this.
  7. Martin Alonzo

Registered

8. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

Trump's trying to get them help stop this crap. crickets. he won the prize for nothing. just sitting down in the chair

Diane Lane likes this.
  9. Denise Evans

Registered

I suppose it's just wishful thinking that the msm would get beat out for viewers by alternative news. Then I though, as soon as the alternative newsies get rich and powerful, they'll be sellin to the highest bidder as well. I'd call that "stinkin thinkin Denise" :oops:

Diane Lane likes this.
  10. Denise Evans

Registered

So this is on video, proof I would think, why aren't they arresting her, talk about abuse if this is for real.

11. Ken Anderson

"Elections have consequences," said President Barack Obama shortly after his 2009 inauguration. It's the political way for winners to tell losers, "Tough luck, you lost. Get over it."

12. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Why won't Obama say that in 2016

13. Ken Anderson

Some idiot in the Democrat Party (or maybe it was a newspaper, since it's hard to tell the difference anymore) actually suggested that Trump needs to take some steps to settle the mood of the country. Trump? Obama is still president for another two months and, for that matter, people have been rioting throughout Obama's terms in office, and he has done nothing other than to justify or legitimize their actions.

14. Denise Evans

Registered

Things are so different now, and I will just call it "decline" in common sense, or patriotism. Honoring our constitution. I remember presidents through the years really honoring the new president. I don't remember ever feeling our new president was unwelcome. I also understand I still have visions of running obama and hillary out on a rail. Corruption and greed. New World Order plans (whatever they want to call it).

So now, surprise, shock and awe! America has spoken, the "right" evidently does still outnumber the "left. I feel we have a reprieve, I believe we let things get bad, a group effort, even if it was neglecting to look, or just getting complacent. Who didn't know the US was going to hell?? Just an old saying my grand-dad used to say. I'm not talking religion, although, maybe it really does apply.

It's been said, and we've seen it close up and personal on the forums. The liberals and the conservatives battling for what they each believe in. But there is little honoring of our flag, our pledge of allegiance, or our constitution. I am glad Trump got in, and Pence, thank God for Pence I say, but I'm not settled or even happy. We are a Nation divided, and that isn't good. I just hope the leadership coming into play will handle things to where people will "want" to unite. Yes, let our voices be heard, liberal or conservative, but without a country what will any of us have. I don't know the answer. It's really upsetting though, and sad. I can't help but reminisce on better times:(

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  15. Denise Evans

Registered

I agree @Ken Anderson If any American denies that this, last year has been a hard one, even horrible:( well, maybe they are in denial. Our country, our way of life, what many of us in this age bracket, has changed. I need to keep this short, but I for one am tired of having to purchase junk from Walmart, and it all says "Made in China" on it. Gotta go, hang in there all, denise