Things That Make Life Easier

Discussion in 'Home Improvement' started by Beth Gallagher, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Looked it up...but if you click on. Contact or product info...page not found:(

2. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Are you familiar with Chewy the site that sells Pet Foods Etc. They have it it's called furzapper. Sorry the download didn't work. I have problems with that.

3. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I looked it up on the site itself..and got that message. I know about Chewy
    but wondering now if can really be purchased. Let me know if you get it and how it works for you.

4. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

I will

5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

So the new Bosch dishwasher was a total bust. Tried to run it one time and got an error code after 2 minutes. According to the manual, the machine needed to be "tilted 45 degrees to remove water." Yeah, that'll happen after getting it installed into the cabinet; how convenient. :rolleyes: The hubby got his wet/dry vac out, emptied the water, tried all the "reset" advice from Bosch. Kept getting one error code after another until they admitted the control board (or whatever it's called) needs replacing. Oh, I don't think so. :mad:

So hubby uninstalled it and returned it to Lowes, where I have to say they took the return without batting an eye. We have placed an order for a Kitchenaid as Bosch has "pooped the bed" as far as I'm concerned. It's always something.

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  6. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That sucks.

That horribly sucks. I swear there are so many high-end names these days that plain don't measure up. Thank goodness for shop vacs. Mine saved my bacon when I cleaned my cold water heater and the drainage valve was frozen shut.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  7. Beth Gallagher

Registered

My husband has been so busy lately, trying to take care of everyone and everything; I really felt bad when he had to uninstall that piece of crap. Seems like the simplest things turn in to major events with everything lately. I told him I'd just wash dishes in the sink for a while until we get over the aggravation, but then we put our masks on and went shopping on Friday. I should never have ordered an appliance online without seeing them first.

When I ordered the Kitchenaid, I added installation to the order; I'll let Lowe's handle the grunt work next time and give the better half a day off. :D

8. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Please tell me what is a cold water heater ? Do you mean like a hot water tank , or something else ?

Bobby Cole and John Brunner like this.
  9. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I was being smart (not "intelligent," but "flippant.")

They are "water heaters." Some people call them "hot water heaters," and it grates on me. They don't heat hot water.

When I typed "water heater," I knew that some would think of that erroneous label, so I decided to call it what it is...a heater of cold water.

Sorry. Shoulda kept my [flippant] mouth shut.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
  10. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

That is too bad, @Beth Gallagher. One of my daughters has a Bosch dishwasher and she thinks it is wonderful. It is several years old, though, so maybe they were better then.

11. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Most Bosch owners are very happy with them, Don, so I expected more from the machine. Of course any brand can have a lemon.

One thing I didn't know before I bought the Bosch was that it does not have a heating element! It actually "drip dries" the dishes using residual heat from the wash water, and many people complain that their machine is never dry inside... so they get funky smells and mold. I never got to actually run a full cycle, so I have no idea how that would work. I made sure the Kitchenaid has a heating element, though. :D

I love the build quality of Kitchenaid, and they put a lot of thought into their design. Many of the newer dishwashers across all brands have a 3rd shelf in the top, but most of them will only hold utensils or flatware. The Kitchenaid will actually hold glasses and bowls without affecting the shelf below.

ka.jpeg

Ka2.jpg

Top Rack...

ka3.jpeg

Tony Page and Don Alaska like this.
  12. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Yeah, ironically the lack of heat is one of the things my daughter likes about it. Her husband is a real "eco-nut" and likes the energy savings, but daughter likes that she can put anything on the bottom rack without worrying about things melting or being damaged by the heat. I am not a fan myself, as I like the heat to make sure everything microbial is dead.

13. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

I never had a dishwasher until about 6 (?) years ago. Bought a Bosch, because it was the only one I could find at the time with stainless steel inside at a reasonable price. I forget why I wanted that now. :confused:

It's a good dishwasher, but I've stopped using it regularly, because I can't get a full load of dishes sometimes for days, and a lot of nice old pots and pans not dishwasher safe that I don't want to just throw away.

My mother never used the heat option on hers either. She always just cracked the door open after the washing cycle was over. I don't pay close enough attention to what it's doing to bother with that.

14. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I also like the stainless inside; it doesn't get those weird stains like plastic. And ditto on going several days before running it. I cook most days but there's not a lot of dishes for the two of us, so I probably run the dishwasher once or twice a week.

Don Alaska likes this.
  15. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Lowe's finally called and my new Kitchenaid will be installed next Wednesday, the 28th. They have had the machine since last Friday but I guess the installer was booked up. I hope the guy doesn't mind being "observed" because I'm sure my hubby will be all up in his business. :D

Hedi Mitchell and Don Alaska like this.