This Coronavirus Problem

Discussion in 'Viruses' started by Thomas Stearn, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

2. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

This video with fact show this is all driven by media and medical going along for the ride and pushing it.

3. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

FYI The attached announcement is from the Ex Director where I live. VIRUS.jpg

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I spoke to someone today who developed a cold shortly after the wedding reception gone awry near here, which resulted in several positive tests among reception guests, and scared everyone else in town. She went into the hospital worried that she had COVID-19 because she was having cold symptoms. She was tested and told to quarantine at home until the results were in. The results of the test were negative, yet when she looked at the paperwork, she was listed as a COVID-19 patient on the diagnosis line. When she asked about that, she was told that was for the billing, but it wasn't anything she needed to worry about because her test results were negative.

That didn't seem honest to her, for them to bill her visit as if she were a COVID-19 patient when she didn't even have the virus so she called back after giving it some thought. She was told that because she went into the hospital with COVID-19 symptoms (which were the same as those of the common cold, which most people get 3-4 times a year), she was considered a COVID-19 patient until the test results came back, and Maine's numbers went up by one, although she did not even have the virus, let alone the disease.

That, and many other feats of creative mathematics, is how we get such high numbers.

No, in case you're wondering, that is not the way things have ever worked before this virus came along. As I have pointed out in other posts, they changed the rules of reporting for COVID-19 so that the numbers would be artificially high.

5. Ken Anderson

CDC Now Says People Without Covid-19 Symptoms Do Not Need Testing -- New York Times

They'll change their minds again next week, probably. My guess is that increased testing has resulted in the high positive numbers they wanted, but a lower percentage of people who were actually sick.

A grammatical point, COVID-19 refers to the disease, not the virus. People without symptoms aren't being tested for COVID-19 anyhow - they're being tested for the coronavirus that sometimes leads to COVID-19.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
  6. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

And not only will the percentage of those who are actually sick decline, so will the Death Rate. Imagine what the Rate would be if the number infected AND the number of deaths were accurate.

Meanwhile, my state government has rolled out a SmartPhone app so the government can tell you to quarantine if you've passed within 6 feet of an infected person, and has already stated that vaccination shall be mandatory when a vaccine is available. The Virginia Department of Health claims that right under existing law.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  7. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Florida and Georgia governors have been in competition to see which can be the stupidest. Georgia just passed Florida in the number of Covid-19 deaths per 100,000 population. Go Dawgs! :rolleyes:

8. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Mandatory vaccines??
    Why do vaccines need legal protection???
    Are they safe???

9. Martin Alonzo

Registered

From the CDC own information.
    Who died with covid and who died from covid there is a big difference only 6% of the people who died. Died from covid the others died with covid. The corona virus is so common it causes 1/3 of common colds. No wonder these tests are so ineffective.
    CDC.jpg

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
    Yvonne Smith likes this.
  10. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

New York Times

Even at that, we're still at about 1/2 the number infected in the lowest flu season in the past decade (9 million in the 2011/2012 season.)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  11. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Up through August 1, 2020

upload_2020-8-30_10-44-39.png

12. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

What is likely to happen to someone who refuses the vaccine? Arrest? Physically forced vaccination? I ask because my last good doctor advised me never to get another vaccine of any kind after a vaccine gave me Lyme Disease.

13. Ken Anderson

My guess is that originally it will be required for school and as a requirement of employment, and there will be an accompanying expensive media campaign to guilt the rest of us to be vaccinated. If the Democrats win in November, there will be a vaccine mandate. I think it's unlikely that people are going to be arrested, at least not for a while, although that remains a possibility. What is more likely to occur is that there will be a technological means of determining whether someone has been vaccinated, whether that's a card, something inserted beneath the skin, or something else entirely. Without this, people won't be allowed to enter a public building, church, school, store, or any commercial or non-commercial buildings, with the exception of their own home. They will also be unable to travel. There may also be either a mandate or a campaign to keep the unvaccinated apart from everyone else, including friends and family members. In other words, the media campaign will be to persuade parents that they are endangering their children if they allow unvaccinated grandma to visit with her grandchildren. Thus, the unvaccinated will be isolated. Plus, this will be extended to any vaccinations that they want us to have.

14. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

As Anthony Burgess might have said -. a real horrorshow.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  15. Martin Alonzo

Registered

HCQ has been used for malaria and other ailments for 65 years. Thousands/millions of people have used it and now it is dangerous?? Where is all the dead people cause by HCQ?? It has been safe for 65 years. What changed???

Yvonne Smith likes this.