This Coronavirus Problem

Discussion in 'Viruses' started by Thomas Stearn, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

cdc-crop.jpg

CDC: Only 6% of recorded coronavirus deaths were solely from COVID-19 -- Blaze

2. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

That doesn't surprise me. But the heading of that image, with the word "quietly" implies something nefarious.

So all those extra deaths, coincidentally during the same time period, would have happened anyway?

If so, we need to get to the bottom of this quickly! What is causing all those deaths? lol

That's what is meant by "underlying conditions" being a risk factor. They've been saying that over and over and over, since day 1 almost.

But I'll let you have the last word.

3. Ken Anderson

I've made no secret of my belief that this whole scare was a hoax. Not that the virus is a hoax, or that it isn't potentially dangerous, but that it is far less dangerous than other viruses that we have lived with without closing businesses, putting people out of work, crashing our economy, and scaring the hell out of everyone. This nonsense wasn't about the coronavirus.

Ed Wilson and Martin Alonzo like this.
  4. Michelle Anderson

Michelle Anderson Veteran Member
    Registered

‘True. And thank you for apparently taking your own advice.

Yvonne Smith and Beth Gallagher like this.
  5. Michelle Anderson

Michelle Anderson Veteran Member
    Registered

6. Ken Anderson

@Michelle Anderson, I'll watch it later. My wife gets angry when I watch videos while she has the TV on.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  7. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I know someone else who is dying from COVID-19. They told his family today that he is dying. They are only giving palliative treatment.

8. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

It should be a real crime to let people die of a disease when they have found many cures but the FDA will not approve them. This medical system should be all dragged into court and explain why they are allowing people to die..

9. Martin Alonzo

Registered

There was a saying years ago [the straw that broke the camels back] The idea is if you put enough straw on a camels back at some point it will brake and that last piece was the one that broke the back. Well this is a perfect description of what is happening in the corona virus. They [CDC] have admitted that only 6% of the deaths listed as covid deaths were from covid and that was [the straw that broke the camels back]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
  10. Ken Anderson

Yet, the Democrats and the bureaucrats are going on as if the CDC hadn't just admitted that it was all a hoax.

Martin Alonzo likes this.
  11. Martin Alonzo

Registered

It has been a fraud all along
    UCLA, Stanford study finds for average 50-64 year old, chances of dying from COVID-19 are 1 in 19.1M

12. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Students are back in town. Our county has jumped to #3 in terms of positive coronavirus cases per capita. The top 2 are rural counties in south Georgia. That may be misleading, because the university has enacted a "plan" to test up to 450 students and staff per day on a voluntary basis, whereas the state overall is testing fewer now.

Georgia is tied again with Florida in Covid deaths per capita.

The first home football game is scheduled for October 3rd at 7:30 pm. Seating reduced to 20% to 25% of 92,746 capacity. Tickets will be in blocks of four seats in order to maintain social distancing.

The trouble is many will be drunk by the time the game starts and they will party before and after. Even those that don't go to the game will likely have game watching parties in private houses, even in other parts of the state.

I try to make light of this by describing it as a competition, mainly to keep from getting depressed. :(

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  13. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

My kidney doctor sent me a script to get some blood work done at a local lab. They said I had to wear a mask even tho I was wearing a face shield, which was acceptable 2 weeks ago. I told the woman I had difficulty breathing with a mask. She said I had to wear a mask even with the face shield. I said good bye and sent a note to doctor to let him know. His office is in Portland and he, in trying to give me a break in my life, said to go to local lab even tho he could do work in his office.

14. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Corona virus is man made a doctor from China says she has proof

15. Hugh Manely

Hugh Manely Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I saw Biden as he was speaking yesterday somewhere, and his mask kept falling below his nose, just like someone whose glasses keep falling down on the nose.

So, he keeps taking his left hand and grabbing it to pull it back over his nose. This happened about once a minute.
    I was just wondering if this was effective in keeping the virus away - to me it doesn't seem very proficient, but I am not a person who is well versed in these things.