Thou Shalt Not On Valentine's Day...

Discussion in 'Holidays & Traditions' started by Bobby Cole, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

On such a momentous occasion as Valentines Day where the love we have for our partners in life are being proclaimed from the rooftops in whatever form we choose, there are some "thou shalt not's" to be thought about. Such as:

Making our own Valentines Day Card to be presented to our loved ones is always an acceptable form of a gift but there are some things one should not write in a card.
    I.E. Your hair is silky and fine just like ol' Blue's but without the ticks and fleas.
    We are like an RC cola and a Moonpie.
    We go together like stink does to a skunk
    You are a much better lover and friend than my X.
    We have been together for 20 years and although you've gained some weight it's just more of you to
    love.

Gifts are the mainstream object of appreciation during this special day of outspoken love but one must be careful what not to give.

Flowers picked from the cemetery to give to your lover are not in vogue this year unless of course you
    take the "in memory of" off of the bouquet and the flowers are fresh. (no plastic posies please)
    A last minute trip to the convenience store to garner that $2.99 wrist watch or the "rose in a tube"
    displayed in the showcase might cause a bit of friction.
    Taking your love to your X's favorite restaurant might be considered a bit rude, especially if your X
    frequents the place. And if, per chance you DO bump into her/him, do not buy them a drink and
    challenge them to a game of pool or darts. And, If you DO challenge them to a game do NOT, I repeat
    Do NOT ask your spouse for money to pay off a wager. Just give them the pink slip to your car while
    telling your love that you wanted to buy her another one anyway.

Those are just a few hints of what NOT to do but I am sure there are many, many more.

Mari North likes this.