Thoughts About The Earth Being Flat

Discussion in 'Conspiracies & Paranormal' started by Yvonne Smith, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Frank, I know all about the 38th Parallel and its historic significance!

I was stationed in Korea in 1961-62 in the US Army as part of the UN Peacekeeping Force.

When we had off-duty weekend time, we would go on tours of historic battle sites during the Korean War, from 6-25-50 to 7-27-53.

One of these sites was the village of Panmunjom, right on the 38th Parallel, with the latitude line running right down the length of the Conference Table where the Cease-Fire was signed between the Communist and the UN forces on either side of the line.

To this day, Korea is still in a state of Cease-Fire, with neither side having surrendered during the 66 years since the guns fell silent.

Hal

Lois Winters and Frank Sanoica like this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

3. Yvonne Smith

4. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Veteran Member
    Registered

Pilots admit the Earth is Flat Series 2

Bess Barber and Yvonne Smith like this.
  5. Yvonne Smith

6. Yvonne Smith

In another thread , you mentioned something about being a Messianic Jew (hope I am remembering right), and I was wondering if you have ever heard of Rob Skiba ?
    His religious beliefs are along the same lines, and you might ask your daughter about him. I am sure that she has already read some of his work, and maybe tried to tell you about him, but if not, check out his website , Testing the Globe.
    Rob is very good at relating the Bible and scientific evidence about the earth not being the round ball that we are told it is.

http://testingtheglobe.com/

Bess Barber likes this.
  7. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Very Well-Known Member
    Task Force Registered

@Yvonne Smith Thank you so much! No, never heard of him. If she hasn't, I will pass the information on to her. Her theory is more of an orb, that just a flat surface, and they do have scripture supporting it to some degree. She likes to read and will probably dive into his work. I wonder if he incorporates gematria (scripture Hebrew letter number value calculations). I think it is wildly interesting, but incredibly complicated. Only God could put together scripture that tells the same story in numbers as letters. It's a perfect count. Somehow, that actually backs up a type of orb theory.

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  8. Yvonne Smith

I had started a thread about the Hebrew letters show the constellations, and it is in the Evolution of Language section of the forum.
    Here is the picture that I posted that shows the correlation between the Hebrew letters and the constellation symbols.
    I thought it was really interesting, and surely has significance.

EFD935F9-44B9-47ED-AD08-69D9088F80B1.jpeg

Bobby Cole and Bess Barber like this.
  9. Yvonne Smith

10. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Veteran Member
    Registered

The flat earth theory is interesting but usually nit pick information to prove its validity. As a sailor I have see the curvature of the earth as one sailing see the mountains on an island before seeing the shore even though the shore is twenty miles closer. One thing puzzles me as most objects fall toward the center of the earth [ called gravity] in the norther hemisphere water goes clock wise down the drain and the opposite in the southern hemisphere. That would be confusing that it would change. specially if the center was the north pole. .

11. Yvonne Smith

This is an interesting take on how the symbol that most of us know as a “swastika” actually came into being, many thousands of years ago. The center shows the path of the Big Dipper (Ursa Major) makes around the North Star (Polaris) each year. When you look at this, you can easily see that the resulting diagram is the same as the swastika symbol.
    Even more interesting, is that many other countries and religions that use the same symbol, and it has nothing to do with the Germanic one.

63E07133-A105-4032-AE7D-5B1DF22B5119.jpeg

Bess Barber likes this.
  12. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Very Well-Known Member
    Task Force Registered

@Yvonne Smith Thanks for posting all that!! I was trying to think of a new interesting Bible study for early mornings. (It took me almost all of last year just to study the 12 tribes!) Once the Hebrew is on the table, it opens up so many new directions of study. It's terribly complicated, but with the right web sites, it makes it a lot easier. I saved pictures of your posts and will print them in the morning. Can't wait to check it all out!! Thanks again.

I wanted to add, I'm never suggesting the Hebrew is better than the King James, but sometimes in a translation difference, the full or even easier to understand meaning can get blurred. The original Hebrew actually can alleviate what seems like contradictions in the english translation.

Ken Anderson and Yvonne Smith like this.
  13. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Veteran Member
    Registered

Interesting. And now I will confess that when I look up into the night sky, I have to wonder exactly how "they" decided which stars to use when 'connecting the dots.' All I see is a bunch of little lights in the sky. :D Seems to me that a person could randomly connect any of them to make any type of diagram that they want. (Yeah, astronomy is not my long-suit. :D)

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
  14. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Astronomy never made a lot of sense to me either. Other than the Big Dipper, none of that stuff even remotely resembles anything in particular.

15. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Veteran Member
    Registered

I guess back in the olden days before TV and the internet, people spent a lot more time mapping the heavens.