Thoughts On This?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Frank Sanoica, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

If you can locate the bite, could be one of those desert scorpions or some other crawley thing. The venom can effect all the blood flow in that foot and leg, as well as cause a rise in your blood pressure. We used to put bleach directly on scorpion bites, but it's probably too late for that now. If it doesn't get better, you could be allergic and need something from a doctor.

Or you could have some strange disease that will turn you into a cyclops. :p

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I am pretty sure that Frank would know if it had been a snake, but it could have been a spider or some other creature with venom, and when they told me that I could lose the leg if the infection wasn’t stopped, I took it seriously that I needed to take care of the leg.
    No matter what it is from, a trip to the doctor is in order.
    If you can still see where the bite was, Frank, try putting a chunk of fresh aloe Vera on it and bandage it so it won’t come off, and leave it on overnight. If there is some kind of stinger or sliver or something still in there, the aloe should draw it out and bring it to a head so you can drain it.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  3. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Doctor Shirley diagnoses cellulitis. See your regular doctor first thing tomorrow morning.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  4. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Frank Sanoica ... stop jacking around,go to the dang doctor :mad:!
    Waiting until your foot almost falls off,or your leg looks pregnant ...will be too late.We all want to see a written diagnosis and a RX ;)!
    You wanted our opinion buddy, you got it..now gooooo:rolleyes:

5. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Gloria Mitchell
    It took until this morning, still no change in my leg, my wife unable to sleep after 4AM, I agreed to let her call Dr. Ken (as he calls himself). Got in there at 10:30 AM. Had my shoe and sock off, pants leg rolled up above my knee, sitting there waiting, he bounded into the examination room, he's a big man, perhaps 50 pounds overweight, but agile. He raised his eyebrows briefly as I recounted my story. Concensus became that I had been bitten, bacteria as well as venom entered. He said he's glad I did not wait much longer.

Suddenly, he bounded up off his chair, and sat down on the floor in front of me, like a big bear! Took a good look at my leg and foot, probed lightly. He discussed his impressions from that position, then easily arose. We discussed this 45 minutes. He prescribed a two-component antibiotic, Bactrim, and a high-powered diuretic, Furosemide, advising I take it first thing in the morning, or face getting up several times a night to pee.

This man is a non-conformist, and yet is highly caring. Sometimes he almost looks slovenly, today he was the most-presentable we've seen him. Black stretch pants, almost like a pajamas bottom, pull-over knit shirt of light color. He has no qualms about speaking out against the inequities present in the Medical System. Most likable doctor I've ever had.

I'll report back. Frank

6. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Thank goodness you went Frank! Keep us posted.

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  7. Emma Smith

Emma Smith Veteran Member
    Registered

Since it happened several weeks ago, I guess you'll never know what bit you or where you were when it happened.
    Might come in handy to avoid a repeat.

Glad you got it checked and got treatment.

Frank Sanoica and Don Alaska like this.
  8. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Emma Smith
    Thank you for caring. Around here, the Desert Denizens go about pretty much unrestricted. Lots of folks have their homes' perimeters outdoors sprayed by exterminators. No shortage of such services here. I'd never resort to spreading poison about, as our human environment is already full of them.

Conjectured about the causative culprit, surely not a scorpion, spider possibly, but I never saw it, nor felt the bite when it occurred.

I certainly do not want a RE-peat!

Frank

Emma Smith and Yvonne Smith like this.
  9. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

He would have to be very brave to bite you twice, @Frank Sanoica . Just kidding. He probably died from the first time.:p

10. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Shirley Martin
    I suppose it could have been a honey-bee.....as I understand it, one use of their defense mechanism kills the bee. Instead of "defense" they should call it "promoted suicide"! ;)
    Frank