Time Travel

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Tom Locke, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

No but now I want to. I dumped Hulu in favor of Amazon, now they are emailing me a 2-week free offer. I think tonight I'll start it again.

Joe Riley likes this.
  2. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, I got Hulu back last night and watched "11/22/63". How could I have NOT recognized that date before I watched it? Shame on me. I liked it too and will continue the series. The cars and the music seemed spot on, except for one song I didn't recall. Which is odd. My grandson read the book but he won't be a spoiler.

Joe Riley likes this.
  3. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Travelling back in time entails a serious possibility: the ability to know the future accurately while back there, and therefore change future events which have already occurred....like preventing wars?

4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Changing one thing, changes many others things too. You could change something for a worse outcome then a war had.

5. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

How right you are, Chrissy! I hoped someone would "see" that. Good going! FS

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  6. Tom Locke

Tom Locke Veteran Member
    Registered

Of course, one could really clean up at the bookies!

7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

One of my most favorite movies is called "Frequency" (starring Dennis Quaid). Although it is not exactly a time travel movie, it has a lot of similarities, through a tie-in with a weather anomaly that creates a window for a time-jump.
    As @Chrissy Page mentioned, when you change one thing, it can change other things, and Frequency is a great example of how that can happen.

There are some very interesting pictures on the internet that do look like they could be of time travelers, and one well-known one is of a person that appears to have either a cell phone or modern type camera in his hand, and is wearing a screen-printed t-shirt, and very modern looking sunglasses.
    He is seen standing in a group of people who are watching an event from maybe the 1930's era (can't remember that exact detail at the moment), and everyone else in the picture looks like they are time-correct for the event, which actually did take place at the time mentioned in the picture information.

Here is the trailer for Frequency, and if you haven't seen it before, it is worth watching .

8. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

I've read the different posts, and they're all interesting. One thing would keep me grounded in today though. Being a woman was not an advantage in the past. Most women belonged to someone.other than themselves. There would be no going where I wanted to, doing what I wanted, much less getting to talk to any scholars.

History does not paint a welcoming picture for women. Can your time machine make us gender neutral. If this was an option, I would like to discover Australia, before it became a colony.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
    Bill Boggs and Joe Riley like this.