Tony's Catch All Journal

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Tony Page, Dec 30, 2023.

1. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Last Thursday while eating I heard and felt a Crack coming from my mouth. As the day moved on there was an increasing pain from my front right teeth. Friday I called my dentist, the Receptionist Said he will be away until Monday, So I made the appointment for monday (today).
    Spent the weekend taking advil and not enjoying Mother's day food. Whatever I try to eat there was a shooting pain into my sinuses.
    I found one of my tooth was loose.I was very tempted to pull it out. My wife talked me out of it saying that I could do more damage for the dentist to correct.
    I hate dentist.The main reason is I have deviated septum and polyps, so I breath through my mouth, which is differcult to do with a hand with tools in it. I have Nightmares of suffocating while on a dental chair.

2. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Mention that to him. Hope you feel better today.

John Brunner and Tony Page like this.
  3. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

I will. I also will set up a hand sign in case I have to get up to breathe.

4. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

On Monday, my dentist Repaired 2 loose caps and removed the broken section of the tooth. The tooth Broke along the gum lines. On Friday he will perform surgery to remove the remainder of the tooth, which is mostly the root. He wouldn't remove the rest of the tooth on Monday because I take aspirin daily he's afraid of bleeding, I have to be off the aspirin for 3 days.

This week we are having a new lawn installed. The original lawn was in terrible shape with deep ruts from the mobile homes.

5. Mary Stetler

Registered

Sounds like you will soon be on the upswing!:)

Tony Page likes this.
  6. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

The lawn is in, but we had a problem with the sprinkler system they installed. Not enough water pressure, they'll have to hook up a waterpump to increase the water pressure. Unfortunately it will take 2 weeks to get the pump delivered. In the meantime I'll have to use a oscillating sprinkler to keep the lawn watered.
    Tomorrow I go back to the dentist for surgery to have the remainder of the broken tooth removed. Needless to say I'm a little nervous about the surgery, I expect a weekend of discomfort.

Mary Stetler and Beth Gallagher like this.
  7. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Hope the procedure goes well, Tony.

Tony Page likes this.
  8. Mary Stetler

Registered

Just keep breathing.

Tony Page likes this.
  9. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Dental surgery I had on friday to remove a broken tooth went fast, I don't think I was in the chair more than a half hour. Friday I spent most of the day keep pressure on the wound With gauze. He prescribed an antibiotic and a pain killer. Up until Saturday night I was eating soft foods, we went to a Diner Saturday night it went well pain level didn't change. Sunday I overdid the food, not only did the pain level increase, but these a little swelling also. The dentist told me to start gargling salt water on Saturday, I didn't, so I started today, because there's still swelling and pain.
    Watering the new lawn has been a pain, the water pressure has been so low that it takes twice as long to get complete coverage, I have to move the sprinkle more times.

10. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Received a letter from our homeowners insurance company that there canceling our home insurance, reason given because we had a fire. Our insurance agent found one new company that would insurance us, at over double the cost. Now we're in a hunt for a low cost homeowners insurance, we've reached out to other agents and insurance companies.
    We found out we're in a Zone that most insurance companies call ineligible, because of all the insurance water damage claims from Hurricane Sandy. We had very little damage from that storm but it doesn't matter we're still in the zone.
    An online agent who works with 40 different insurance companies could not find one that will insurance us.
    The thing I don't understand is the house is much safer with less chance of problems now with all the new wiring all the new siding, new roof, new appliances. We've lived in this house for 50 years with one small insurance claim. I could understand dropping us if the fire was started by neglect, we don't have a fireplace, a swimming pool, none of us smoke.
    The search continues, hopefully we'll find something soon, we have till the end of June.
    This morning I took my Last antibiotic for the oral surgery, my gums are still a little swollen and tender.

11. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I just ordered some soap bars from Amazon that are made with citronella. They are for humans, but also fine for dogs, and are supposed to repel all kinds of bugs, mosquitoes, fleas, ticks, etc.
    This is the one that I got (we have lots of mosquitoes, so I am hoping that it helps), but there are a variety of similar items available, @Tony Page . It is made with good oils, like coconut oil, so it should be good for your dog’s skin and hair, too.

We have a large yard, so there are always insects, and Poodle seems to especially attract the fleas, probably because he is white; so he gets clipped short and bathed a lot in the summer, and I thought this would make an excellent bath soap for him as well as for us with all the bugs that live in the trees and bushes around this area.

IMG_6581.jpeg

Last edited: May 24, 2024
  12. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Supreme Member
    Registered

Have you tried cutting down on the dollar value of coverage for damages? Start with liability and work up from there? Maybe? Just a thought. Sorry you are going through all this. It's always something, isn't it.

13. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

We talked about it. We actually went to another agency. He's gonna try to recalculate everything for a lower price. We'll find out next week if he can find another company That's a lower price.

14. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

I'll talk to my wife and daughter about that soap, It sounds good. Thank you.

Yvonne Smith and Mary Stetler like this.
  15. Mary Stetler

Registered

You make a good point about cancellations for using your insurance for what we have been paying them for for YEARS. It happened in Florida after storms and now a lot of people are going without because of doubling and tripling+ of rates.
    Now that chances are slim for another fire etc, you may feel comfortable doing that as well although like Yvonne suggested, try for liability and maybe later see if you can add on?

Don Alaska and Tony Page like this.